Should somalis be allowed to say the n word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP

Black in the Western world represents culture, heritage and identity. What on earth do I, as a Muslim Somali girl, have in common with an African American, church going, weave-wearing slave descendant? Why do people get so angry when I wish to be called Somali and nothing else? Why is the world so obsessed with skin colour? If we were united by colour, then why aren’t dhuxul Sri Lankans Black as well?
You can escape by doing what your ancestors did: play by your own rules. Don’t play along to someone else’s game.

maxresdefault.jpg

Its okay not to identify with black culture and embrace Somalinimo, but proclaiming not to have melanated skin is silly:shookgabre:

maxresdefault.jpg

Its okay not to identify with black culture and embrace Somalinimo, but proclaiming not to have melanated skin is silly:shookgabre:
:cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley:
So to say I am not black, I am no longer physically dark-skinned? Omg:cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley:

Sxb, the Black label is purely a cultural and political label, given to AA slaves to rob them of their identity and heritage so as to make them completely bound to their White masters and no one else. I do not have such a history. If you want to be specific regarding your skin colour, then just say light, medium or dark brown. :mahubowtf:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
:cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley:
So to say I am not black, I am no longer physically dark-skinned? Omg:cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley:

Sxb, the Black label is purely a cultural and political label, given to AA slaves to rob them of their identity and heritage so as to make them completely bound to their White masters and no one else. I do not have such a history. If you want to be specific regarding your skin colour, then just say light, medium or dark brown. :mahubowtf:

Its fine that you see it as political symbol, but to the average person if you say aloud I am not black they will think you need to be taken to a mental facility.:shookgabre:

Yes tf we should nigga. it doesn't matter if we were enslaved or not. These AA's right now are not slaves are they?

In this society we're treated as black people with the good and bad that come with it. So if a Somali person wants to say nigga, they have every right to. It's not that i'm begging to say nigga, I simply have every right to say it.

I've always said nigga to my Jamaican/madow friends and I was never called out for it. If they did try to call me out, I wouldn't gaf
YES WE ARE BLACK and can say nigga
but we are not treated bad let's not lie, if u live in the west u are privileged as f*ck

maxresdefault.jpg

i feel somali guys think u have to fancy black women to black so it's why they run away from
i like white and latino women yet i am pro black

Kratos

Sonder
Absolutely not. Somalis have numerous derogatory words associated with negroid Africans which mostly stem from their physical features and their history of slavery. Words like Madow and adoon, in contemporary practice, are basically Somali euphemisms of .

Black in the Western world represents culture, heritage and identity. What on earth do I, as a Muslim Somali girl, have in common with an African American, church going, weave-wearing slave descendant? Why do people get so angry when I wish to be called Somali and nothing else? Why is the world so obsessed with skin colour? If we were united by colour, then why aren’t dhuxul Sri Lankans Black as well?
You can escape by doing what your ancestors did: play by your own rules. Don’t play along to someone else’s game.

YAAAAAASSSS

World

VIP
I don’t view myself as black but if a situation arises where claiming black will benefit me, ill claim it. Ofc I will use nigga as well. I’m not gonna let someone stop me from using a word.

I don’t view myself as black but if a situation arises where claiming black will benefit me, ill claim it. Ofc I will use nigga as well. I’m not gonna let someone stop me from using a word.

GTFOH plebe! You look like a terrorist arab half-a-fag. I've seen your picture in this forum. An imp like you come to me talking that nigga sh*t and i'll punch you in the mouth and relieve you of your khat-rottened front teeth!

Always Lit

Everybody lies, which ones are tolerable??
when AA's stop using the word to refer to themselves that is, then people will stop. But as long as Its being us3d in music and all....its gonna be a never ending cycle of "You cant say it, and i can." ^

World

VIP
GTFOH plebe! You look like a terrorist arab half-a-fag. I've seen your picture in this forum. An imp like you come to me talking that nigga sh*t and i'll punch you in the mouth and relieve you of your khat-rottened front teeth!
Looks like I touched a nerve. :siilaanyolaugh:

I did not upload a picture of myself before, just of my hair.

I think Somalis should be able to go around and call AA and other madows the N word but not each other, it's very degrading and it sounds stupid.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Somalis who don’t view themselves as black make me uncomfortable, I don’t know what I would do if I were to meet one irl :cosbyhmm:

Yes ofcourse Somalis can say nigga since Somalis are considered to be black

Last edited:
Apart of me thinks that the N word should only be allowed to say amongst people who have ancestors who had been slaves. Somalis never were slaves but had slaves themselves. It is quite weird to see a twt xalimo saying the n word 24/7
:yacadiim:
I mean,, how can you try to relate to blk people and cry for their injustice in history when your people had slaves themselves and were engaged in the arab slave trade?
:ayaanswag:
Even if you try to tell this to a twt xalimo theyre going to claim that somalis themselves were slaves snd try to disort somali history.

I wonder what somali bantus feel when they see somalis girls doing shit like that.
:farmajoyaab:

Should somalis even say the N word?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

//Stole from random geeljire

No

N-word is linked to slavery

We weren't slaves

End.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts