Should Somalia Establish Diplomatic Relations with Israel?

Should Somalia Establish Diplomatic Relations with Israel?

• Yes

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted yes because I believe we should have diplomatic relations with anyone who can assist us develop our country. The Israelis can practically help us in many different fields/areas that requires urgent attention such as healthcare and food production. The Israelis have promised 14 African countries a transfer of technological know how in health services, food production, electricity and education and some of these countries are Muslim nations. We do have a relationship with China & they treat the Muslim Chinese far worse than the Israelis treat the Palestinians. Why the hypocrisy? Let's be honest, we don't give a rat's ass about other Somalis if they don't hail from our clans.

In exile, Somali official fired for pro-Israel views demands an apology .

2019417636910919258192313Dool_660_HOL.jpg

https://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2019/..._for_pro_israel_views_demands_an_apology.aspx

Please read the whole article on the link below before voting and leave a comment why? I voted yes because I believe we should have diplomatic relations with anyone who can assist us. We do have a relationship with a China who treat the Muslim Chinese far worse than the Israelis treat the Palestinians. Let's be and honest, we don't give a rat's ass about other Somalis if they don't hail from our clans.

In exile, Somali official fired for pro-Israel views demands an apology .

2019417636910919258192313Dool_660_HOL.jpg

https://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2019/..._for_pro_israel_views_demands_an_apology.aspx

@AussieHustler

I believe that it was right for him to be fired and I'll tell you why. The Somali government has an official foreign policy. Whether we like it or not. He went against Somalia's policy on the issue of Israel/Palestine. He called Palestinians losers. How can a serving Somali official make such an inexperienced and stupid remark?

Imagine if an official of Trump's administration or any previous American adminstration went against the official foreign policy of their government by saying the same thing about Israel and that Israelis are losers and we should recognise Palestine etc. That man would be fired.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
Yes, he was wrongly fired.

Why should we involve ourselves in Arab conflicts when we have our own issues to deal with? Israel could be beneficial in our fight with Al-Shabab since they have a lot of experience dealing with terrorists. As he mentions, 20 Muslim nations have diplomatic ties with Israel.

Aaegal

@AussieHustler

I believe that it was right for him to be fired and I'll tell you why. The Somali government has an official foreign policy. Whether we like it or not. He went against Somalia's policy on the issue of Israel/Palestine. He called Palestinians losers. How can a serving Somali official make such an inexperienced and stupid remark?

Imagine if an official of Trump's administration or any previous American adminstration went against the official foreign policy of their government by saying the same thing about Israel and that Israelis are losers and we should recognise Palestine etc. That man would be fired.
Yes you're right that a person in a political position can never have personal public views, but the Somali government should change its stance on Israel.

Arab nations have done more harm to Somalia than Israel.

Yes you're right that a person in a political position can never have personal public views, but the Somali government should change its stance on Israel.

Arab nations have done more harm to Somalia than Israel.

I do believe that Somalis shouldn't be tied to the Arab countries. They should shun them. So I agree.

Ladies and gentlemen.

Thanks to @Cauli because he was right, his dismissal was legal since he was a government employee and in particular, he worked in a very senior role at the Foreign Office of Somalia and should never have expressed that view openly and publicly. I've changed the poll and cleared the old poll. My apologies.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I voted no, just because injustice happens somewhere (china et al) doesn't mean we should support another wrong (Israel) because we can benefit from it. Instead we should always promote dialogue between the two people and support two state solutions. :)

I voted no, just because injustice happens somewhere (china et al) doesn't mean we should support another wrong (Israel) because we can benefit from it. Instead we should always promote dialogue between the two people and support two state solutions. :)

@Jiron

Don't you think you can influence someone positively when you are friends than when you are enemies?

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
@Jiron

Don't you think you can influence someone positively when you are friends than when you are enemies?

As individual people yes but not as a state policy, I can not be friends with someone who is actively abusing his neighbors, constantly encroaching on his lands (settlements) and IDF patrolling every square inch of whats left of Gaza/West-Bank, controlling the water supply of 4.5 million people, checkpoints/fences in many locations and who btw recently got reelected on a campaign promise of totally annexing Palestinians with no intention of giving them rights. So as a nation, we can not profit off the misery of others because it serves our current interest. Always support what is right, no matter how sweet that wrong can appear to us :)

Genesisx72

living off borrowed time
He put the government in a difficult position, he should have brought up these concerns to foreign ministers. I agree with his sentiment, however.

Aaegal

Two state solution is not possible...
As individual people yes but not as a state policy, I can not be friends with someone who is actively abusing his neighbors, constantly encroaching on his lands (settlements) and IDF patrolling every square inch of whats left of Gaza/West-Bank, controlling the water supply of 4.5 million people, checkpoints/fences in many locations and who btw recently got reelected on a campaign promise of totally annexing Palestinians with no intention of giving them rights. So as a nation, we can not profit off the misery of others because it serves our current interest. Always support what is right, no matter how sweet that wrong can appear to us :)

Yet we are allied with USA, China and Saudi Arabia

@Jiron

Sxb, 40 + years ago, the late king of Morocco shocked the Arab and Islamic world when he suggested that Arabs should seriously rethink about Israel and bring them closer by making Israel a member of the Arab League and argued that is the only way they could solve the Arab/Israeli issue. He added, otherwise Israel will only get stronger and stronger and occupy more Arab lands. Sadat took his advice and signed a Peace Treaty with Israel. He was spot on and a great thinker. In politics, you deal with anyone who can advance your causes, if Israel can help us with water problems, agriculture, universities, medicine and technology, it is madness to shun their friendship. Sorry Sxb, I forgot that 70% of us are already mad according to the World Health Organisation.

Yet we are allied with USA, China and Saudi Arabia

Yeah, but we have no choice in allying wih those. Why do people never want to pander to the U.S. instead of their neo-colonial pitbull of Israel? There is almost nothing to gain from Israel, by comparison.

People like to give America a lot of flack, but the world would have been a worse place if China or Russia had the same level of uncontested dominance for the past decades.

And who is to blame for that? Israel. They don't want a one state solution, nor do they want to annex and incorporate the West bank and Gaza.

Israel has never hurt Somalia like our supposed Arab allies have. Somalis are constantly fed the lie that Israel is our biggest enemy as a nation, when it should be corruption, poverty and environmental neglect. So yes, I support ties with the democratic State of Israel. Anyone who cares about Somalia and its future would do the same.

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
Perhaps he’s Yibir apparently they’re related to Jews.:siilaanyolaugh:
But in my opinion you can’t just call Palestinians idiots. It will destroy our already fragile economy
Israelis are does give us good benefits for our country but can ruin our relations for other specifically Arabic nations which we import our livestock to so it can give such an impact on our economy that we may become a failed state.

All I’m saying I support two state solution:samwelcome:

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
:damedamn:A two state solution can work if Arab countries stop interfering and Hamas is gone.

I’m disgusted with all these settlements in the West Bank. Palestine wanted their part in the Oslo accords to gain recognition but that never worked out because Netanyahu (a extreme right wing) is in power:kendrickcry:

halwa

✨🌙
No. Because you see the way they treat the Palestinians. Why would I want the same for my people? They hate Muslims and I would not want to put my Somali brothers and sisters through the same ordeal as Palestine. Before you know it, they will come and settle in parts of Somalia and claim the country as theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.