Should I dye my hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is for all the ladies (and perhaps gentlemen) who have dyed their hair before. I am somewhat of a hair virgin, meaning that I have never really dyed my hair before. Lately I've been thinking about putting some color in my hair to make it somewhat highlighted. This is basically what I'm going for:
phufg855c82qbwe.jpg

I'm scared of hair damage by dyeing it. I have type 3a/3b curls, so I especially don't want to make my hair brittle or destroy my curl pattern. My hair pretty much looks like this right now:
Synthetic-Wig-Women-Hairstyle-Afro-Wigs-for-Black-Women-Long-Kinky-Curly-Synthetic-Black-Wig-Natural-32711472548-6973-800x800.jpeg

It's at the healthiest point in all my life. So as you can see, I don't want to destroy my hair or it'll turn out damaged and kill the formation of curls. This happened when I permed my hair when I was younger.
:mjkkk:
Do you think I should dye it myself or get it done in a salon? Will putting dye in my hair damage it somewhat, no matter how careful I am?

@sophisticate @Reiko @Nilotufian @sigmund @HalimaJ @Lamiis @xalimathe6 @Daughter of samaale @henni @Basra

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
This is for all the ladies (and perhaps gentlemen) who have dyed their hair before. I am somewhat of a hair virgin, meaning that I have never really dyed my hair before. Lately I've been thinking about putting some color in my hair to make it somewhat highlighted. This is basically what I'm going for:
phufg855c82qbwe.jpg

I'm scared of hair damage by dyeing it. I have type 3a/3b curls, so I especially don't want to make my hair brittle or destroy my curl pattern. My hair pretty much looks like this right now:
Synthetic-Wig-Women-Hairstyle-Afro-Wigs-for-Black-Women-Long-Kinky-Curly-Synthetic-Black-Wig-Natural-32711472548-6973-800x800.jpeg

It's at the healthiest point in all my life. So as you can see, I don't want to destroy my hair or it'll turn out damaged and kill the formation of curls. This happened when I permed my hair when I was younger.
Do you think I should dye it myself or get it done in a salon? Will putting dye in my hair damage it somewhat, no matter how careful I am?

@sophisticate @Reiko @Nilotufian @sigmund @HalimaJ @Lamiis @xalimathe6 @Daughter of samaale @henni @Basra

The dye hair gives u extra juice.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Nice hair though, i wish mine wasn't going to Hargeisa for a trip (i'm going bald)!
You just have to use some essential oil. Argan oil is great and coconut oil as wello_O

Does it work?
Yes I've seen many of the natural hair Youtubers that I follow specifically use it to help regrow their edges. It stimulates hair growth if you massage it into your scalp. You should definitely search up some more tips on Youtube. There are tons out there.

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
You could use henna it’s natural and safe, but it takes commitment because you can’t just wash it off.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
phufg855c82qbwe.jpg

I died my hair green for camp flog Nawg 2 years ago.

Felt like a black leprechaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending