Should females be able to divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
My head is telling me "Yes women should be able to divorce" but my penis is telling me "if she divorces you it'll be back to wanking so women shouldn't be able to divorce".

There are certain instances where she can do that. I am no expert though ask sheikhs at your mosque.
There was this one sahabiya and she complained to the prophet that her newlywed is a like a cloth, the prophet told her that only after her husband tasted her malab could she divorce him, if im not mistaken.

Only guys can divorce though. If that werent the case there'd be an epidemic of divorce.
Divorce ciyaar ma aha, if the wife's rights are not fulfilled she can ask for a divorce than when her iddah ends she can remarry but if the guy divorces his wife he can just get married straight away.

Lkn the husband has more power than the wife when it comes to divorce, even if wife has fulfilled her husbands rights he can jus say "I divorce you" than she is no longer halal for him but in order for the wife to ask for a divorce she needs a reason, the husband needs a reason as well lkn the moment he says "I divorce you" she's divorced

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Yes, it's a human right.
You cannot force someone to stay in a marriage.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
I thought woman had the right to divorce in your religion. Why is this even a question lol

Divorce ciyaar ma aha, if the wife's rights are not fulfilled she can ask for a divorce than when her iddah ends she can remarry but if the guy divorces his wife he can just get married straight away.

Lkn the husband has more power than the wife when it comes to divorce, even if wife has fulfilled her husbands rights he can jus say "I divorce you" than she is no longer halal for him but in order for the wife to ask for a divorce she needs a reason, the husband needs a reason as well lkn the moment he says "I divorce you" she's divorced
I

Why does the husband have the heftier say?

Yes it is called Khula in islam. Also, a woman can ask for a divorce in islam if her husband isn't giving her rights or if she feels she can't fulfil his rights because she dislikes him ect.

Its a silly question, because do you think that if a woman is being abused or taken advantage of she has to stay in such a marriage??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending