Should Benaadir be a Federal State?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amboli

DIR POWER
It's crazy how 4 million people have no political representation in Parliament.

Federal State status or some other kind of arrangement should be made for Benaadir in my opinion.

No it offsets everything there is a reason why Addis ababa isn't part of a region in Ethiopia.
Capital or state pick one plus is one region how could that be a state don't you need 2?

amboli

DIR POWER
No it offsets everything there is a reason why Addis ababa isn't part of a region in Ethiopia.
Capital or state pick one plus is one region how could that be a state don't you need 2?
But Benaadir has a higher population than most Federal states. It's not really fair.

There should be a way for them to be politically involved like the rest of the country.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Banadir has about 13% of Somalia’s population around 1.7 million. It is nowhere near 4 million lol!

If people in Banadir want it to be a federal state, it cannot be the capital.

waraabe

Your superior
They will make a fed state and keep the capital, bosaso/kismayo/cabudwaq etc can’t be a capital as they are small villages

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
They will make a fed state and keep the capital, bosaso/kismayo/cabudwaq etc can’t be a capital as they are small villages
The federal capital can't be a federal state. It's like Washington D.C is in a district rather than a state.

Washington=District of Columbia
Mogadishu=Benadir district

waraabe

Your superior
The federal capital can't be a federal state. It's like Washington D.C is in a district rather than a state.

In the US the fed states pay tax to fed government, in Somalia that isn’t the case. Can’t pick parts you like and leave out parts you don’t like

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
Under the current constitution banadir cannot be maamul goboleed.
Because it requires two regions to be called maamul goboleed(federal state).

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I vote no

I really think federalism is a threat to Somalia, anything that compliments qabiil is a disease that needs to be cured. :)

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
unnamed (10).gif

amboli

DIR POWER

Washington DC is not the population center of the US.

A better comparison would be if London didn't have any representation.

Call it a district, state or whatever but the people of Benaadir should have the same political rights as anyone else in Somalia.

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
I’m in favour of letting Banadir be a state and join Hiirshabele then moving the capital somewhere I think it would solve a lot of our problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts