Should Apostasy be punished?

Do you think one who leaves Islam should be punished by law in an Islamic country? A lot of Muslims hold these views, they believe Apostasy is equivalent to treason in a Muslim state and requires the hadd punishment.

What’s your opinion on this?

No, I get why it was done in the past but it should not be done in the modern world. Religion should be between you and Allah only, leave others alone.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
No, it will make ppl munafiqeen; and it is a right that is granted by Quran to everyone to question his believes and abandoned them if he wants.

Rageedi

Life | Liberty | Property
No, as long as they are still loyal to the Muslim leader, whether it be caliph,king,sultan or president and follow the rules.

Al Muslim

الموت لامريكا الموت لإسرائيل
Yes it should be punished, the whole point is to prevent public apostasy which leads others astray, if someone wants to privately be an apostate they won't be punished for it. Anyone who says otherwise is changing the religion of Islam which is a major sin.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Whoever changes his religion, execute him.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2794)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible to shed the blood of a Muslim who bears witness that there is no god except Allaah and that I am His Messenger, except in one of three cases: a soul for a soul (i.e., in the case of murder); a married man who commits adultery; and one who leaves his religion and splits form the jamaa’ah (main group of Muslims).” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6878; Muslim, 1676)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Whoever changes his religion, execute him.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2794)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible to shed the blood of a Muslim who bears witness that there is no god except Allaah and that I am His Messenger, except in one of three cases: a soul for a soul (i.e., in the case of murder); a married man who commits adultery; and one who leaves his religion and splits form the jamaa’ah (main group of Muslims).” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6878; Muslim, 1676)
So your religion or death :mjlol: seems kinda insecure

Trending