Short story of when my great great grandfather joined the darawiish and met the sayid.

Mohammed Abdullah hassan played a very big role in my family's history. My dad's maternal grandfather was the judge in Laasqory. He was a religious scholar who studied in Mombasa, Palestin, Aden and Hadhramout. When he meet the siyad they discussed several religious matters and the so called siyad told him "your knowledge is a drop in the see of my knowledge" which indicates that he was a narcissist. Another account was passed to us by my dad's maternal grandmother who was warsangeli paternally and Dulbahante maternally. She was 5-8 years old when the dervishes invaded their territory and killed most of her family. She fled to a tree along with some children and hid on top of it. She over heard Mohamed Abdullah hassan instructing his soldiers not to kill the children using valuable bullets and kill them instead using stones. My paternal grandfather was born in 1922 after this chaos. He was strangely enough pro Mohamed Abdullah Hassan even though his paternal grandmother was the sister of boqor Osaman an enemy of Mohamed Abdullah hassan and his dad himself was an ogeyslabe who were almost wiped off by him. In 1960 my grandfather invited several members of the Somali community in Khobar and Dhahran most of whom were Isaaq to celebrate the independence of Somalia at the time. When the guest left his mother in law (the child who over heard Mohamed Abdullah hassan 50 years ago) asked him about the gathering he said they recited some of the siyad's poems. She replied if I knew that you did what you did I would've beaten the crap out of all of you. The moral of the story is those who were born after the chaos caused by Mohamed Abdullah hassan had favorable views of him even if they were the children of the affected people (Isaaq, warsangeli, Majeerteen, etc) those who lived the chaos hated his guts.

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
Most of my forefathers were just sheikhs only my great grandfather was doing something different even tho he open about 9 dugsi

Mohammed Abdullah hassan played a very big role in my family's history. My dad's maternal grandfather was the judge in Laasqory. He was a religious scholar who studied in Mombasa, Palestin, Aden and Hadhramout. When he meet the siyad they discussed several religious matters and the so called siyad told him "your knowledge is a drop in the see of my knowledge" which indicates that he was a narcissist. Another account was passed to us by my dad's maternal grandmother who was warsangeli paternally and Dulbahante maternally. She was 5-8 years old when the dervishes invaded their territory and killed most of her family. She fled to a tree along with some children and hid on top of it. She over heard Mohamed Abdullah hassan instructing his soldiers not to kill the children using valuable bullets and kill them instead using stones. My paternal grandfather was born in 1922 after this chaos. He was strangely enough pro Mohamed Abdullah Hassan even though his paternal grandmother was the sister of boqor Osaman an enemy of Mohamed Abdullah hassan and his dad himself was an ogeyslabe who were almost wiped off by him. In 1960 my grandfather invited several members of the Somali community in Khobar and Dhahran most of whom were Isaaq to celebrate the independence of Somalia at the time. When the guest left his mother in law (the child who over heard Mohamed Abdullah hassan 50 years ago) asked him about the gathering he said they recited some of the siyad's poems. She replied if I knew that you did what you did I would've beaten the crap out of all of you. The moral of the story is those who were born after the chaos caused by Mohamed Abdullah hassan had favorable views of him even if they were the children of the affected people (Isaaq, warsangeli, Majeerteen, etc) those who lived the chaos hated his guts.
I think his greatest flaw was that he believed in what we today call "guilty by association". IF your tribesman collaborated with the gaalo, your entire clan was basically a target. Other than that, I am a huge fan of the man because I think it's through his wars that we even got a nation.

Trending

Latest posts