Shipping a monster of a truck to Somalia

Reverse

booliska federal 🚓
1632819778172.png

1632819987585.png

This is a monster of a truck here in the U.S and I was wondering what your thoughts would be if this would be shipped off to Somalia. Can port authority be trusted? Same with checkpoint officers?

Looking to ship this off when it comes out inshallah.

Ahmed Ato

Self-interest
the government is bunch of thieves if what i heard is true. i heard that if you are importing a car or any type of vehicle such as construction or agricultures machines, the tariff is sometimes 100% of the price of the item.

Reverse

booliska federal 🚓
you gonna get robbed
Probably, but going to get shipped off to Puntland. My uncle shipped some western machines for a factory and he got it fully in tact. Just the electricity power in Somalia was too high so the machines broke lol.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Other than high import costs... It would be difficult to keep this beast maintained.

All the parts need to be also imported.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
yeah that’s getting plucked straight off the cargo no doubt.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
You can ship it to somalia, however there is no autoshop to fix th car once it needs maintenance. Good luck tho

Taliso

Nin aan cilay ba I cayaa.
VIP
Probably, but going to get shipped off to Puntland. My uncle shipped some western machines for a factory and he got it fully in tact. Just the electricity power in Somalia was too high so the machines broke lol.
If you're shipping it to Puntland then you're safe and that's the smartest decision to make.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I would like an answer to this as well. What is the process?

First step is sending to Dubai, not many shipping companies do direct to Bosasso. Second step is finding qaraabo either in Somalia or Dubai that can organise the shipping to Somalia. Third step is making sure that your qaraabo have organised the transport straight from Bosasso as well as a place to store it.

I have imported stuff to Bosasso a few times, never had it stolen but you need to know people just in case.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I'm waiting for more affordable electric cars to ship off to somalia. Some nice electric suvs would be great to explore the mountain ranges of sanaag.

Besides with all the wind and solar power somalia should become a mass electric car manufacturing giant. Might even invest in it myself.

:banderas: