Sheikhs in Somalia declare Forex haram!

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

Be careful folks, many people like on this site who brag about trading should watch this

Forex is just currency trading and for me there is no doubt that it falls under gambling, you make money through speculation, and the big players make money through insider information.

Speculation especially of the type of shorting a stock, where you have to borrow money and bet on the price of a stock going down, is nothing more then cancer.

When banks and large hedgefunds do this, they can literally destroy companies/countries, it's nothing less then economic warfare.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Forex is just currency trading and for me there is no doubt that it falls under gambling, you make money through speculation, and the big players make money through insider information.

Speculation especially of the type of shorting a stock, where you have to borrow money and bet on the price of a stock going down, is nothing more then cancer.

When banks and large hedgefunds do this, they can literally destroy companies/countries, it's nothing less then economic warfare.
Dahabshiil has introduced this too Somalia and acts as a broker to enter into the international market. She charges a fee for every investment and will not refund you in the event of loss. This is relatively new in out country and many ignorant people are falling for it as a get rich quick scheme.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Halal according to other Shiekhs in Singapore, since it falls under investment I use Wahed Invest most of the times, so in the rare case I use other ones, I beg Allah for Forgiveness

Apollo

VIP
Trading is not gambling and the global economic system wouldn't function without it.

Without traders → no liquidity → more disruptive price spikes and drops and instability.

Tukraq

VIP

Then buying and selling anything would be a “gamble” because prices change, me buying a foreign coin at lower value and selling it when it’s more valuable is 100 percent halal

Automaton

The founder of Somali Civil Liberties Union(SCLU)
Then opening a business is also haram since 8 out of 10 eventually fail, and that is gambling. These people wants us to live in the dark ages.

Last edited:

dr.leorio

death\emitter
Forex and mutual funds are haram but then again the entire financial fiat system that's riddled with riba that crony captalists take advantage of needs to be upheaved.

The entire system is a scam.

Tukraq

VIP
Forex and mutual funds are haram but then again the entire financial fiat system that's riddled with riba that crony captalists take advantage of needs to be upheaved.

The entire system is a scam.
How is owning a foreign currency haram?

To be fair a sheikh has to be completely educated on how something works before declaring it haram. Not saying it is or isn’t because I don’t know, but what I do know is a lot of Somali sheikhs have lost my trust because of their heavy reliance on Somali culture or their perception of life to dictate halal and haram. This is one of those things I would ask a trusted American Muslim scholar because they would have more input in this arena

Trending