She thought she was 100% Somali, but she has a grand parent that is Yemen

Apollo

VIP
Light skin has nothing to do with ancestry when it comes to most somalis.
I have dark relatives and very light skinned relatives and they are all likely pure geeljire.
Even in some families you can see a brother who is light skinned and another who is dark. It doesn't mean that the light skinned one has a different ancestry

This is very true. I have seen some dark Somalis be about 4% more West Eurasian than some relatively light Somalis. Got more to do with geographic origin, Western Somaliland and Sanaag-North Bari natives tend to be the most Eurasian shifted Somalis regardless of appearance. Some NFD light skin Somali may look lighter than them but can be more African in origin.

Som

VIP
This is very true. I have seen some dark Somalis be about 4% more West Eurasian than some relatively light Somalis. Got more to do with geographic origin, Western Somaliland and Sanaag-North Bari Somalis tend to be the most Eurasian shifted regardless of appearance.
How much is the difference between different locations when it comes to eurasian dna?
It would be interesting to see if southern daroods (mx mainly) who went to the south in the 19th century are also Western eurasian shifted.

Apollo

VIP
How much is the difference between different locations when it comes to eurasian dna?
It would be interesting to see if southern daroods (mx mainly) who went to the south in the 19th century are also Western eurasian shifted.

Max difference between Somalis is about 5-6%, not including recently mixed outliers.

Generally the more North, the more Eurasian %. However, I have seen some Sacad Hawiyes have the max Eurasian % affinity for Somalis on G25 as well, kind of weird.

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
Max difference between Somalis is about 5-6%, not including recently mixed outliers.

Generally the more North, the more Eurasian %. However, I have seen some Sacad Hawiyes have the max Eurasian % affinity for Somalis on G25 as well, kind of weird.
Sacads are origionally banu Hashim northreners, they more recently joined the Bantu-Hashim coalition in the south:gaasdrink: @Bariire

I think the more recent Euro Asian admixture come from Saho. Who have mixed with Tiqrinya. I think genetic admixture in Somali tribes can change very sudden depending on Geography and tribal alliances they form. For example Marehan was not in Kablalax federation so experienced lots of hostility from more numerous clans. So I think that's one of the reason Marehan moved around often.

That's because Sacad live very East the Bantu expansion carried by the Oromo expansion has not reached their genes. Sacad and Warsengeli have the, least Bantu genes in Somalis.

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
I think the more recent Euro Asian admixture come from Saho. Who have mixed with Tiqrinya. I think genetic admixture in Somali tribes can change very sudden depending on Geography and tribal alliances they form. For example Marehan was not in Kablalax federation so experienced lots of hostility from more numerous clans. So I think that's one of the reason Marehan moved around often.
Well settle down and stop moving around. u still trotting around aimlessly and again This time u r unwittingly creeping and falling back to the dreaded fold especially around kismayo where another good round of
1623718191938.png
is waiting you
1623718428357.png

The Oromo expansion must have happend very recently. Marehan are originally from Harar area. But the Marehan who have not mixed with Ogaden have narrow faces and features. But the Marehan who have mixed with Ogaden have wider features like Siyad BARE and Farmaajo are halve Ogaden, and Farmaajo is querter Ogaden.

Apollo

VIP
That's because Sacad live very East the Bantu expansion carried by the Oromo expansion has not reached their genes. Sacad and Warsengeli have the, least Bantu genes in Somalis.

The small reduction in Eurasian affinity towards the South has nothing to do with Bantus. It has to do with more Horn of Africa hunter-gatherer ancestry increasing.

Trending

Latest posts