Shamis kaaley ila tali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
British people in general are stingy. It's not only Somalis but whites too. It must be part of the British psychic and culture to count pennies.

S

Shamis

@Idol We have to pay to drive into central London during the day - we get really screwed over by the government. A basic weekly food shop here is probably a week and a half wages in your country. Waa isu naxariisana over here, its like the Hunger Games sometimes. We plan evenings out together 2 weeks in advance to make sure everyone has the konton shillin we pay for a basic meal out.

Q

Queen Carawelo

@Idol We have to pay to drive into central London during the day - we get really screwed over by the government. A basic weekly food shop here is probably a week and a half wages in your country. Waa isu naxariisana over here, its like the Hunger Games sometimes. We plan evenings out together 2 weeks in advance to make sure everyone has the konton shillin we pay for a basic meal out.
Omg it's really hard out there!

My condolences Shamis.

Bielsa

VIP

Rent in London cost an arm and a leg. I was watching a program a while back about how people are deciding to move outside London but work in London cos buying a house or even renting is sky high.

I don't know how low wage workers manage to sustain any kind of life in London. The British government has a lot to answer for, fucking over the working class to that extend.

S

Shamis

@Idol Thanks sister - its not easy living in this city but its worth it. Next time you come around, give a month or two's notice and you'll feel differently about Londoners.

@VicePrez Yes! Rent takes nearly all of your basic income, travel takes a massive bite too and food prices went up by 100% on some items in just a blink of an eye in my local supermarket. Its unsustainable when you consider that the average income is less than £25,000 a year before tax. Almost every major company and mega millionaire has been caught cheating taxes and none of them have been punished even though we'd end up in prison for refusing to pay tax. I hate this government and I can't wait for Corbyn to become Prime Minister.

Also, every council tenant plans to buy their property and let it out for hundreds more a week than they were paying so there is no hope for affordable accommodation in the future. Most people I grew up with have already moved abroad because Africa and the Middle East gives you a better quality of life but I'm still not brave enough to bite that bullet.

Bielsa

VIP
@Shamis Are Somalis also planning to buy their council house property? I hope so otherwise in 20 years time we're gonna lag further behind. Owning your own property is important. That's why you see many Indian landlords cos they bought a house or two in the 60s and 70s whilst the Jamaicans didn't and now 40 years later the Jamaicans are still renting while the Indians own their house.

S

Shamis

Somalis in the UK have the suitcases they arrived with in the 90's on the landing. I doubt they have have the foresight to climb the property ladder in the UK but they do own properties in Somalia and Kenya. I wish they did buy their council houses because they can get a 70% discount and halal mortgages are available with an upfront payment which would be small considering the discount.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
British people are gaajo. North Americans spend recklessly and live life on debt.

I'd rather be frugal for what's it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.