Shabelle Basin Agricultural Development Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiirshabelle is stealing our shine:wowsweat:, Shariif saakin should get in on the action we need more development Konfur Galbeed.

I'm glad the government is initiating some sort of development plan to counteract Ethiopia building damns and reducing the flow of Shabelle River.

I must say I'm pleasantly surprised, didn't expect a counteractive measure this quick.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Main obstacle in the way is land rights.

If I could buy farm land tomorrow without the risk of losing it after I set up the infrastructure then I would.

Cost/HA might be higher in Somalia but the demand is there (restaurants, hotels, middle class supermarkets that don't exist yet).

Main obstacle in the way is land rights.

If I could buy farm land tomorrow without the risk of losing it after I set up the infrastructure then I would.

Cost/HA might be higher in Somalia but the demand is there (restaurants, hotels, middle class supermarkets that don't exist yet).
They created the land act or something like that

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mogadishu–Villabruzzi_Railway

We've got to reconstruct our railway infrastructure. 114km wide w/ 7 stations its not bad for a starter. Somalis should stop being cheap and demand large infrastructural projects like the other heads of state.

Railways are great for the economy overall and safely transporting goods on time.

However they cost around 10 million per mile.

Could be would be worth the investment if it's designed and built 100% by Geeljire.

Imagine the huge number of offshoot industries we could start from it.

Steel and metals refinery, metal parts fabrication, power transmission infrastructure, tooling industry, large scale construction and etc.

Economies aren't built on foreign investments but on domestic economic activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending