Serious question on gene editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
When the rest of the world uses gene editing to increase their health lifespans and intelligence; I hope Somalis won't start doing the same.

Who cares if we'll be outcompeted by everyone else when the true reward is in the hereafter.:fittytousand:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
This is a question for the really religious brot :hers and sisters on this forum. Do you think our lord will really allow human's to change his creation using gene editing when he already created everything perfect?. Is he not insulted by humanity's attempts to replace his creation? let me know what you guys think.

http://theconversation.com/what-is-crispr-gene-editing-and-how-does-it-work-84591

I fear that we might be punished with these arrogant folk who try to undermine his creation. I mean these ppl are going one step further than the homosexuals who angered the lord in sodom and gommorah and he destroyed them ( today homosexuality is rampant).

Yaquub

Obviously your Imaan is very weak. First of all, Allaah swt .....(not the "lord---what r we Christians?) knows everything. OK u r arguing on the basis that human have full free will and control over everything. Every innovation and human weak attempt to play God has already been granted or allowed by their creator Alaah swt.

Its like when contraceptive came out. When people had the control of choosing how many kids they will have by using condoms or pills, r u going to say, humans are playing God by choosing the number of kids? No. Everything has its time. Everything has been pre-determined.We will be getting ahead and discovering new things that to ALLAAH swt it is infinitely NOTHING! I mean, even going to the Moon and planets, Allaah swt is laughing at us at our effort and gazillion ways in backwardness. Relax. Everything has its time. :)

Islam is opposed to racism, but your boyfriend Taymiyyah is not. I love the fact you try to cast doubt on whether he made racist comments. Coonmalis will always defend their Arab lovers. Ibn Taymiyyah died in prison because Muslim scholars condemned him as an enemy of Allah and His Messenger, and that's the guy you worship. He even said you can masturbate by putting your penis inside the hole of a melon.

Your anti-Islamic agenda has been exposed kid.

Your problem is lack of credibility saxib :) no amount of associating with Islam to buy some ears will help right the wrongs you write about Islam.

As long as you deny the prophet's authority in Islam and that his authenticated sayings are part of Islam, you will run around in circles looking for people to listen to you on here.

Keep labeling your opponents and keep equivocating .... you will still look out of touch to people with basic Knowledge of Islam.

PS: I don't need to defend anyone from you ... you have no credibility... that takes care of most of the things you say about anybody dead or alive..

Your problem is lack of credibility saxib :) no amount of associating with Islam to buy some ears will help right the wrongs you write about Islam.

As long as you deny the prophet's authority in Islam and that his authenticated sayings are part of Islam, you will run around in circles looking for people to listen to you on here.

Keep labeling your opponents and keep equivocating .... you will still look out of touch to people with basic Knowledge of Islam.

PS: I don't need to defend anyone from you ... you have no credibility... that takes care of most of the things you say about anybody dead or alive..
Says the guy who believes the prophet drank alcohol just because it is in a man made hadith book.

Says the guy who believes the prophet drank alcohol just because it is in a man made hadith book.

Same man made Hadith book that teaches Muslims how to pray... Go figure ... How do you pray is the question that awaits you dude...

No hadith means no ways to pray for a muslim.. You can prove otherwise and share with us how does a muslim pray .. Based on the Quran alone...

Forget the Quran that teaches to obey the prophet for a second .... Just show how we ought to pray ignoring the prophet and taking him out of the equation as the teacher of Islam.

Same man made Hadith book that teaches Muslims how to pray... Go figure ... How do you pray is the question that awaits you dude...

No hadith means no ways to pray for a muslim.. You can prove otherwise and share with us how does a muslim pray .. Based on the Quran alone...

Forget the Quran that teaches to obey the prophet for a second .... Just show how we ought to pray ignoring the prophet and taking him out of the equation as the teacher of Islam.
Suaashas waan ka jawaaba saxib ee beenta iska dhaf. Even @HouseofSamaale realized your argument is bogus.

You however have not told me where those hadiths are. I was the first to ask you that question. Many hundreds of words later, not one hadith in sight.

Suaashas waan ka jawaaba saxib ee beenta iska dhaf. Even @HouseofSamaale realized your argument is bogus.

You however have not told me where those hadiths are. I was the first to ask you that question. Many hundreds of words later, not one hadith in sight.

You didn't answer but said you pray like your parents .. and when asked to produce the method based on your own sources ... you had no idea what to do .. Here is your chance dude ... quote us the methods, the manners, and the sources of prayer for you since you object to the sayings of the prophet ..

This will settle two things for you:

A- Hadiths are not important since you can prove you don't need the prophet's teachings and sayings .. then you can ignore all sayings of the prophet that way.. regardless of the subject they touch..

B- That all Muslims are Gaalo since they followed their prophet as an authority of their religion.

Get to it without much further ado ...

You didn't answer but said you pray like your parents .. and when asked to produce the method based on your own sources ... you had no idea what to do .. Here is your chance dude ... quote us the methods, the manners, and the sources of prayer for you since you object to the sayings of the prophet ..

This will settle two things for you:

A- Hadiths are not important since you can prove you don't need the prophet's teachings and sayings .. then you can ignore all sayings of the prophet that way.. regardless of the subject they touch..

B- That all Muslims are Gaalo since they followed their prophet as an authority of their religion.

Get to it without much further ado ...
Go and drink camel piss.

In other words, you have nothing to say .. Case CLOSED..
I would tell you to suck a woman's breast as well in line with your Salafi ulema, but we know that your taste is for Gus.

As for Wikipedia, it's actually pretty reliable. Not sure what you have against encyclopedias. Your ulema though are something else:

A Saudi cleric finds himself in the hot seat after issuing a decree permitting unrelated women and men (to) mingle so long as the guy drinks the woman's breast milk.

Sheik Abdel Mohsen Obeikan, a scholar and a consultant at Saudi Arabia's royal court, has called for women to give men breast milk to establish maternal relations and get around the ultra-conservative kingdom's ban on mixing between men and women who are unrelated.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/bab...men-breastmilk-to-avoid-unislamic-mixing.html

I said no such thing.

What I said was Muslims follow one of the schools of fiqh. In each country, one madhab tends to dominate. Excluding modern Khariji trends, we are Shafi'is.

HOWEVER, each madhab has a particular approach and their evidence base is the Qur'an and Sunnah.
So in short the scholars collated the hadith and derived the various rulings.

You are absolutely mistaken if you are saying they only use Quran. If we accept your argument, there would be no need to have a messenger. Why did Allah not just the Quran by itself?

Maxad ummada oo aflagadeynisa.
Nothing you said is at variance with my views.

You said it is a "fabrication" to say people learn how to pray by reading hadiths. I said I agreed. We learn from family and friends, handed down from generation to generation. It was somebody else propounding the fabrication, somebody who won't produce the hadiths which he claims people learn salaat from, but cannot supply. Well, at least some of the time. At other times he admits that people don't learn from hadiths after all. Gotta love Salafi logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.