Sending money back home

Is there anybody here who regularly sends money back home to relatives? I recently saw my mom trying to avoid answering her phone because my cousin keeps calling and looking for money. This nigga spends all day chewing khat and has no job.

I got to be honest, I’m not going to give money to bum relatives in the future. Does anyone else agree with me?

Most people would send if they had more than they needed, but most first/second generation Somalis are in tight financial situations trying to make it in expensive urban areas in the West. Between paying rent/mortgage and basics like retirement and health insurance there just is not much left over to send to relatives on another continent that you've never met and probably see you as an atm machine

Most people would send if they had more than they needed, but most first/second generation Somalis are in tight financial situations trying to make it in expensive urban areas in the West. Between paying rent/mortgage and basics like retirement and health insurance there just is not much left over to send to relatives on another continent that you've never met and probably see you as an atm machine
Exactly! We can barely afford living here and they want us to spend our hard earned cash on them. I do not work 40+ hours a week to support people who relax most days and don’t worry about having a roof over their head :childplease::childplease:All my bills are going to healthcare, rent, and car insurance. The little I have left over are for me. They can take a hike! :camby:

Exactly! We can barely afford living here and they want us to spend our hard earned cash on them. I do not work 40+ hours a week to support people who relax most days and don’t worry about having a roof over their head :childplease::childplease:All my bills are going to healthcare, rent, and car insurance. The little I have left over are for me. They can take a hike! :camby:

Look after your people. Ya dig.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Is there anybody here who regularly sends money back home to relatives? I recently saw my mom trying to avoid answering her phone because my cousin keeps calling and looking for money. This nigga spends all day chewing khat and has no job.

I got to be honest, I’m not going to give money to bum relatives in the future. Does anyone else agree with me?

Does hooyo know u call yourself Pan Arab?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Most of my family are in the west but I do have second cousins and other relatives we send money especially during Ramadan and Eid. You have the upper hand, be thankful and give back.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Only my family, no one else. I cant afford it now. But I would love to help so many people I met in somalia. May Allah reward my intentions

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Most of my family live in the west, but we have my grandparents siblings children who live in Mogadishu who call us once a month asking for money. We give what we can .

Trending