Sending money back home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I occasionally send money back home and what I noticed is that the last generation majority send to relatives but with this generation its going down and its decreasing

Do you think this is a good or bad thing?

I think remmitance money its good if the person lives in the outskirts but a person Living in the city it Will make them lazy

Ape

Study Sunt Tzu’s, ‘Art of War’.
True. Dont overload them with money. Just send enough for them to open a business, mosque, or well (especially villages). And if you dont see them doing something useful with the lacag, then stop sending

I occasionally send money back home and what I noticed is that the last generation majority send to relatives but with this generation its going down and its decreasing

I think remmitance money its good if the person lives in the outskirts but a person Living in the city it Will make them lazy

Mercury

Salaam sxb, I used to send some dough to this second cousin of mine from time to time till he called and asked me to send him $5000 and when I asked, why? He told me another guy whose family is in the diaspora sent him thousands and now, 'he is stealing a girl I like from me'. This is a guy we were trying to help and his family. He is married with 4 kids and wants to pay (meher) for another wife and for us only to feed many more mouths. I cut him off that day. The rest is done through my parents.

The amount of remittances sent back home will dwindle further in the future and this might create a whole new set of problems accessing the depleting government resources and might escalate the insecurities. Somali politicians of all the regions have a decade or less to deal with this issue head on now and they need to come up with solutions immediately. They should look into and support family planning projects.

Motherfuckers are gonna be in for rude awakening nobody raised in the west is gonna be sending money to Africa my so called mom suggested I marry my second cousin I said no then she suggested i pretend she's my wife and bring her here I said no then she asked have her marry some guy while I send her money so he can f*ck her for free and I pay for there kids:childplease:
The first 2 request wasn't even that bad the last request I wanted to slap her:heh:

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
I send money to my mothers aunts and uncles who stayed behind in Somalia, shared between my siblings and cousins.

I think if you live in the west its your duty to send money to your poor relatives because it can mean the difference between life and death . The only exception is if they spend the money on khat or if it's for qaraan. I refused to send money to my great uncle as well when he wanted to marry another woman even though he has 7 kids to feed .

Mercury

Salaam sxb, I used to send some dough to this second cousin of mine from time to time till he called and asked me to send him $5000 and when I asked, why? He told me another guy whose family is in the diaspora sent him thousands and now, 'he is stealing a girl I like from me'. This is a guy we were trying to help and his family. He is married with 4 kids and wants to pay (meher) for another wife and for us only to feed many more mouths. I cut him off that day. The rest is done through my parents.

The amount of remittances sent back home will dwindle further in the future and this might create a whole new set of problems accessing the depleting government resources and might escalate the insecurities. Somali politicians of all the regions have a decade or less to deal with this issue head on now and they need to come up with solutions immediately. They should look into and support family planning projects.
All they need to do is open iron ore mine process it. The turks make billions out of it I am sure they can send experts to teach people how to process it the iron. They can sell the steal to middle east and asian countries who are building tall buildings. The rest they can use for making train trails. Just using the train could create tons of jobs for people to sell goods on the other side of the city and many more. Somalia could be making $50billion doing this

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Motherfuckers are gonna be in for rude awakening nobody raised in the west is gonna be sending money to Africa my so called mom suggested I marry my second cousin I said no then she suggested i pretend she's my wife and bring her here I said no then she asked have her marry some guy while I send her money so he can f*ck her for free and I pay for there kids:childplease:
The first 2 request wasn't even that bad the last request I wanted to slap her:heh:
Alla :ileycry: Bisinka

here is a fucking idea why dont you people learn from the west then go invest in somalia,open a business there anything transportation,food service or talk to large foreign companies to invest in somalia then go there work as a representative of those company lets say,mining by doing all this you could employ the people there trust me if they had a good income no one will want to leave their home so you can also kill immigration of somalis.israel,iran,china,india all these countries their diaspora returned back home with special skills that contributed to the their country,all the bakhtis in the west can turn their lifes around go to university get directly involved in their respective regions,and i know somalis have a problem with long term planning but think 50 years
did any of you ever tried finding like mind somalis in your adapted countries with special skill organized yourselves,got involved in your homes affairs
the whole corrupt politician thing can be dealt with by long term planning,for example turkey the ruling party took control of turkey after 60 years by slowly holding key positions in the gov,like minded people in the west can do the same,somali businessmen in the west can support or lobby somali politician who are like minded who want to change somalia for the good. or you can have a better idea
somalispot doesnt have to be about gossip and bullshit why not have a discussion in the development and politics forum,why are people here always posting whats happening and not what should be done about it
the mods can start this trend as leaders or we can have people with just this job but most of you are cry es always the critic but never seen any of you offer any solution to the the problems you love to bring up

teach a man how to fish and he wont go hungry

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

I’ve been sending money for a while now. And it’s Not my immediate family that I send to.

That asshole worldRemit raised his price. He has a monopoly over it. I even called that Swedish Somali dudes who run that Galaxy Transfer company but they stayed that they can’t get through US bank but that they hired lawyers

My husband sends money back home to his mother and siblings who live in the same house. Every month he sends money like clockwork. Hes always done it since he left and moved to Europe.

All they need to do is open iron ore mine process it. The turks make billions out of it I am sure they can send experts to teach people how to process it the iron. They can sell the steal to middle east and asian countries who are building tall buildings. The rest they can use for making train trails. Just using the train could create tons of jobs for people to sell goods on the other side of the city and many more. Somalia could be making $50billion doing this

Yanyuur

Sxb, you made me thinking about an issue I never thought about before. Forget oil and that shit, has Somalia ever been surveyed for iron ore? That shit is good money, anyway, if there was any, by now, the Chinese would be digging it in exchange for a soccer stadium, couple of million dollars in Hong Kong bank accounts and few villas for the tribal elders.

Yanyuur

Sxb, you made me thinking about an issue I never thought about before. Forget oil and that shit, has Somalia ever been surveyed if we’d iron ore? That shit is good money, anyway, if there was any, by now, the Chinese would be digging it in exchange for a soccer stadium, couple of million dollars in Hong Kong bank accounts and few villas for the tribal elders.
4.%20Somalia%20natural%20resources%20map%20cia%202002.jpg

mrlog

VIP
I don’t send shit.
I simply change my number every 3 months but these Suckas always get my new digits.
They are like the FBI

Yanyuur

Sxb, you made me thinking about an issue I never thought about before. Forget oil and that shit, has Somalia ever been surveyed for iron ore? That shit is good money, anyway, if there was any, by now, the Chinese would be digging it in exchange for a soccer stadium, couple of million dollars in Hong Kong bank accounts and few villas for the tribal elders.
Exactly. If we had any of those resources they would have been sold off for pennies now. Elders need to be die off or be killed for any real progress to be made.

Won't be sending any money, all my closest relatives in Hargeisa have either passed on or moved out. Don't think anyone will be sending money this generation. Maybe then they'll work instead of relying on Oromos/Bantus/Khat.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I

I’m still in college but my parents haven’t spoken to me about it at all. I know my mother sends like $200 a month to her sisters back home . That’s all she has there. $100 to 1 in somalia and the other $100 to her sister that’s in a refugee camp. I actually don’t know if my father sends money. Technically he only has 1 brother in Somalia right now. The rest of his fam are in Canada and Dubai.

But since they haven’t spoken to me about it imagine other people in the same position as me. They might not even send money

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
here is a fucking idea why dont you people learn from the west then go invest in somalia,open a business there anything transportation,food service or talk to large foreign companies to invest in somalia then go there work as a representative of those company lets say,mining by doing all this you could employ the people there trust me if they had a good income no one will want to leave their home so you can also kill immigration of somalis.israel,iran,china,india all these countries their diaspora returned back home with special skills that contributed to the their country,all the bakhtis in the west can turn their lifes around go to university get directly involved in their respective regions,and i know somalis have a problem with long term planning but think 50 years
did any of you ever tried finding like mind somalis in your adapted countries with special skill organized yourselves,got involved in your homes affairs
the whole corrupt politician thing can be dealt with by long term planning,for example turkey the ruling party took control of turkey after 60 years by slowly holding key positions in the gov,like minded people in the west can do the same,somali businessmen in the west can support or lobby somali politician who are like minded who want to change somalia for the good. or you can have a better idea
somalispot doesnt have to be about gossip and bullshit why not have a discussion in the development and politics forum,why are people here always posting whats happening and not what should be done about it
the mods can start this trend as leaders or we can have people with just this job but most of you are cry es always the critic but never seen any of you offer any solution to the the problems you love to bring up

teach a man how to fish and he wont go hungry
People don’t care.

Honeslty dude. I’m American raised. I noticed most of my friends who are in the same situation as me. Don’t really care for somalia and have planned their lives here already

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
My husband sends money back home to his mother and siblings who live in the same house. Every month he sends money like clockwork. Hes always done it since he left and moved to Europe.
If my mother lived back home with my siblings I would do the exact same

But when I get calls from a far far far distant cousin I nerver met or heats of asking money for a new phone or help with paying his marriage those kinda relatives I ignore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending