Self Hating Somalis and the true culture of somalis

Discussion in 'General' started by PhySom, Sep 22, 2019.

1. PhySom

PhySom

Ratings:
    +512
    This forum seems to breed alot of self hating somalis. Alot of people constantly point to the lack of UNIQUE "cultural" attire etc as proof for inferiority.Since ancient times Somalia has always been a trading hub, our people focused on developing trading routes with foreignerS and thus were swamped with different cultures etc.

Our reliance on trading meant we adapted new cultures , Gods and knowledge from people across the world. We are literally an amalgamation of world cultures and that itself is our culture.Even today , somalis know about most powerful nations and understand various cultures.

Furthermore, Culture constantly transforms into something new!

Wearing ancient garmets in the 21st century is not needed. We now wear synthetically developed clothes to help us stay healthy and cool. The somali population didn't go beyond 1 million a hundred years ago , we are a new ethnicity and are acclimating to the world.

Our culture is one of change and development , it's a concept not some hair piece or garmet smh!

• Like Like x 8
    • Qashin Qashin x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Tukraq

Tukraq

Ratings:
    +8,616
    thank you, let @Boqorada Somalia understand this

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Boqorada Somalia

Boqorada Somalia Long Live Majeerteeniya!

Ratings:
    +258
    Good luck walking around in clothes that doesnt reflect your culture :uCkf6mf:

4. Tukraq

Tukraq

Ratings:
    +8,616
    this cloth docent reflect my culture [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Qashin Qashin x 1
  5. The alchemist

The alchemist

Ratings:
    +5,164
    We are not a new ethnicity, according to linguistics, anthropology, and genetics.

Read about population dynamics, subsistence intensification, and population bottlenecks. Our subsistence strategy didn't allow us to have significant growth rates due to productivity rates and the carrying capacity of the environment. That plays a big part in determining reproduction rates, and changes in this equilibrium through infrequent crashes, explaining the small population in earlier times.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Macalin M

Macalin M Ciyaalka xaafada

Ratings:
    +1,848
    I been doing that all my life, I don’t need luck.

I just went to the shops with my macawiis to get milk and told the white person at the till it was traditional Somali clothing. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cognitivedissonance

Cognitivedissonance A sane man to an insane society must appear insane Stay WOKE VIP

Ratings:
    +19,813
    Somalis are a different races of people who came together to forum a country and one language, just like ethiopia and kenya and any other part of Africa.

Similar to Rwanda you have the ****’s & Tutsi but in somalia it’s many different races that’s why somalia has had the longest civil war in the world.

• Qashin Qashin x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. VixR

VixR Veritas VIP

Ratings:
    +14,007
    It has nothing to do with any of that.

No one cares about historical influences.

They care about tangible things like how they’re viewed, current events, and rank.

There’s not much to be proud of as a young Somali.

The immediate association to the outside world is piracy, starvation, death, famine, terrorism, and never-ending instability.

In the diaspora, it’s terrorism, rapists, benefits, and ghettos.

That’s the true, and dare I say, understandable, source of low pride.

Shockingly, there are people who’re in the extreme opposite direction, which imo are not understandable at all.

It’s debateable whether that’s good or bad. But I’d vote bad, bc they’re in denial, and nothing improves in that mode of being where you’re “prideful” despite the reality either.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. jamal9

jamal9

Ratings:
    +4,587
    the word huttu (remove the extra "t" ) is censored on this forum, by "mj" word is not. i wonder why?

10. CaliTedesse

CaliTedesse صومال ابن كوش

Ratings:
    +9,350
    That I agree with my gaal friend

11. Boqorada Somalia

Ratings:
    +258
    rBVaR1sxDgaAQ34bAAJIpIdqBVo112.jpg
    And somalia will never look like this, western cuck :ftw9nwa:

• Qashin Qashin x 2
  12. Macalin M

Ratings:
    +1,848
    The odeyaal already look like that. We’ll follow suit. Pun intended.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Boqorada Somalia

Ratings:
    +258
    You seem to be one of farahs who understand that culture is important and arent allowing western propaganda to dictate their life. Salute Macalin :samwelcome:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Macalin M

Ratings:
    +1,848
    Kkkk this is awkward after I now just make a joke above. I’m sorry bro I had to make it

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. VantaBlack

VantaBlack

Ratings:
    +326
    What they don't realise about the law of attraction is that if you keep repeating something enough, even as a joke, it most likely will become your reality.

So this 68IQ comment often spread on this forum might be all funny now, but you will not be laughing when it becomes your reality subconsciously.

It does not matter to me either way, as I don't identify with any human ethnic group or shit. I am just me and thats it.

But for you guys who think they are proud Somalis. there is a load of shit waiting in the wood works for you.

• Like Like x 4
    • Qashin Qashin x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted