Seattle vs Minnepaolis

Which city is better…seattle looks amazing with mild weather, mouthing, lakes, bunch of tech companies and no income tax but it super expensive… Can Somalis in seattle afford homes? Everything is 700k+ meaning you would need to make around 200k a years to make that work and live comfortable…

Somalis in MN are buying homes like crazy since they are only around 300k for basic house. Just need to make 60k a year and decent credit to qualify for a house.. are Somalis in seattle marking much more than those in mpls or are they all renters?

Last edited:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I don't know how they survive with that, even with no tax income, it isa hella expensive place

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
People rarely by houses in the city even the hood is too expensive. So usuallly they buy houses on the outskirts of seattle, cities that are like a few minutes away from the border. They plan on building a super subway in the next ten years. By then no one will be driving.

Seattle and San Diego got Section 8 with an Oceanside view. :pachah1:
Even second generation Somalis that graduate from college? First gen live off section 8 but is the second gen those who were born here now in their mid to late 20s still on section 8?

People rarely by houses in the city even the hood is too expensive. So usuallly they buy houses on the outskirts of seattle, cities that are like a few minutes away from the border. They plan on building a super subway in the next ten years. By then no one will be driving.
Make sense but if your going to live very far from seattle (40+ miles) might as well move to a more affordable city in the Midwest.. I like seattle area but it’s not worth it if you don’t work in tech or have a high paying job

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
Make sense but if your going to live very far from seattle (40+ miles) might as well move to a more affordable city in the Midwest.. I like seattle area but it’s not worth it if you don’t work in tech or have a high paying job
40+ miles is to much, I’d say like 10 miles max. Anything more than that is useless you’ll be living in a weird quiet place.

SonOfMaverick

"I don’t live in darkness, darkness lives in me."
Which city is better?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Of course Seattle is superior. We have no state income tax and downtown Seattle (where I work) is a thing of beauty.

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
Seattle was beautiful when I visited, if it wasn’t so expensive I would love to live there .

x z

±somali supremacist, anti-inceI&queen in the north
Seattle but it’s still trash apart from some regions

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I think both places have their perks depending on what ur career and goals are. Every time I am away from Seattle, I get homesick, I just love the PNW in general. :)

Trending

Latest posts