Scientists Mystified, Wary, as Africa Avoids COVID Disaster

People are still catching covid in africa. My uncle back home caught covid (he’s fine now alx) and my friend’s grandma also caught covid as well

I think the reason people aren’t dying as much is bc africa is a young continent and younger people have high chances of surviving covid. Even in the west most of the people who died from covid have been 75+

I know right. It appears they want to preserve the status quo of regular 'dhibaato'.

They have to be next level psychopaths to be disappointed at people on the continent being given a break for once. The framing is what caught me off guard about the article title. It's one thing to be curious about a phenomenon and its another to be envious or upset that it runs counter to the prevailing narrative.
I like your posts. A breath of fresh air in this forum.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Hey @Sophisticate , some good points.

- I know there was a lot of hype regarding Vitamin D, although I've not seen conclusive evidence. However, this isn't to say it doesn't exist - I just can't find it.

- I missed it, but you're totally right - There's strong evidence linking obesity to covid-19 fatalities.

Alright, I'll try to address your points:

1. Winter (Dec 2020-Feb 2021) was very deadly, this was just as vaccine roll out began, so barely anyone had vaccine protection. 382k Americans died in 2021 due to covid-19, but 105k died in January alone (27%). Source: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm.

Very few Americans had any vaccine protection vs covid-19 in January

2. It's not the only strategy to fight covid-19 - you've probably heard of the Swiss cheese model:

View attachment 207312

3. So it has been clear in recent months that the vaccines aren't very good at stopping vaccinated individuals from giving covid-19 to others. However, it has massively reduced deaths, and this is the most important thing.

Just one example: the UK has similar number of cases now to January 2021 (around 40k cases a day). In January, deaths averaged more than a 1000 a day, and now they're averaging around a 150 a day, despite similar case numbers.

4. That's not what the paper says sxb. It's comparing people who were previously infected AND got the mRNA vaccine vs People who only got the mRNA vaccine.

I feel like I can argue 1-4 well because there's objective evidence, but 5-7 is more a matter of personal views imo. I'll give it a go anyway:

5. I'm not gonna defend pharmaceutical companies - they don't deserve that.
However, I certainly think there's good regulation of medicines and vaccines - the FDA, EMA, and MHRA are stringent, and some of the best safety scientists work for these agencies .

My biggest issue with pharma companies is the fact they're money oriented and heartless (esp with pricings of vital medicines in the USA).

Also, big pharma don't care about africa because it's poor. They could've developed a vaccine for ebola decades ago, but chose not to because the people it would help had no money. I doubt they're bothered africans aren't getting covid-19 vaccines.

6. Yes, pharma companies are largely evil. Thankfully, they had to back down, and it was a scandalous request. They were able to do this because these countries were desperate for the vaccine, and Pfizer were in the position of power

It shouldn't happen, and they only way to curb the 'evilness' of big pharma is to nationalise it imo.

7. Just from the article you've linked, people are asking for 330k pages to be released.
The FDA have said they can't release it all wholesale because they have to review each page and redact necessary information (patents, confidentiality, personal information). The reason for 55 years from the same article:
- There's only 10 FDA employees in the department. This team is also dealing with 400 other FOIA requests.
- They've agreed to release 500 pages a month ( 330k pages / 500 pages a month = 55 years).

This doesn't seem that suspicious to me. Especially as it's 330k pages, and they are currently getting released, albeit somewhat slowly.

I know I won't change your mind, but it's good to discuss still.
  • A few articles I have read indicate no evidence of lower SARs from fully vaccinated delta index cases than unvaccinated ones; in addition, reinfection rates among the naturally immune are 'speculated' to be very low (Shrestha et al., 2021; Singanayagam et al., 2021). Though estimates for reinfection is a bit dicey, it is not easy to quantify (Sciscent et al., 2021).
  • It also suggested that the viral loads comparing unvaccinated to vaccinated 'break through' infections are no different (Riemersma et al., 2021).
  • A recent systematic review I looked at indicates that unvaccinated COVID-recovered individuals should be considered at minimum equally protected as the vaccinated and that national policies should come to reflect that (Shenai, Rahme, & Noorchashm, 2021).
  • I do not necessarily ascribe to the approach of attempting to vaccinate every living and breathing organism you can get your hands on as the (1) only strategy to reduce infection or (2) the most optimal. Perhaps, a mix of vaccinated and unvaccinated with acquired immunity may be preferred. Who knows?
  • All I know is that 100% rates are an implausibility (there will always be a minority that will not be vaccinated under optimal enforcement conditions given their higher perceived costs and lowered perceived benefits from doing so). There are also ethical challenges presented in attempting to do so which circumvent informed consent and bodily autonomy/integrity for a public health threat that though challenging, is not so deadly that it would warrant long-lasting lockdowns or punitive measures such as loss of employment and educational opportunities for refuseniks.
  • I find it saddening that a drug used to treat Ebola like Remdesivir was fast-tracked for use despite death and renal failure cases in many COVID-19 patients. At the same time, those same individuals were quick to dismiss Ivermectin (which, to my knowledge, has a better safety profile) and seemed modestly effective (Niaee et al., 2021).
  • What would nationalizing the pharmaceutical industry look like to you? I think you could come into significant resistance from them in attempting to do that.
  • Given the revolving door of FDA and Major Pharmaceutical employees, along with the FDA's track record for transparency and giving a slap on the wrists to serial offenders, it would not be a surprise to think they would attempt to skirt accountability. You have a behemoth to 'regulate' on your hands.
  • Moreover, you are correct that I am a hard sell. I am not anti-vaccination parse. I recognize their ability to reduce morbidity and mortality, but I also acknowledge the risks to small segments of the population, hence my resistance to any approach that pushes highly punitive measures and universal mandates. Maybe my stance might change when individuals have greater access to more personalized medicine/individualized treatments to maximize benefits further and reduce harms to those most vulnerable to negative outcomes.
  • I am also not fond of the notion that many vaccinations have directly or indirectly tested on or used fetal cell lines in their creation (though that is more of a philosophical bone of contention I have rather than one merited on their efficacy). I also question the use of adjuvants and excipients (though not present in mRNA vaccines), which increased in use since the late 80s in the US. I am also aware of the autoimmunity and vaccination connection given their (1) immunostimulatory and immunosuppressive effects and (2) latency period of days to years which make establishing causal links challenging if not acute (Shoenfeld, Aharon-Maor & Sherer; Akinosoglou, Tzivaki & Marangos, 2021).
  1. Akinosoglou, K., Tzivaki, I., & Marangos, M. (2021). Covid-19 vaccine and autoimmunity: Awakening the sleeping dragon. Clinical Immunology. (Orlando, Fla.), 226, 108721.
  2. Halperin, D. T., Hearst, N., Hodgins, S., Bailey, R. C., Klausner, J. D., Jackson, H., & Gandhi, M. (2021). Revisiting COVID-19 policies: 10 evidence-based recommendations for where to go from here. BMC Public Health, 21(1), 1-12.
  3. Krsak, M., Harry, B. L., Palmer, B. E., & Franco-Paredes, C. (2021). Postinfectious immunity after COVID-19 and vaccination against SARS-CoV-2. Viral Immunology, 34(8), 504-509.
  4. Niaee, M. S., Namdar, P., Allami, A., Zolghadr, L., Javadi, A., Karampour, A., & Gheibi, N. (2021). Ivermectin as an adjunct treatment for hospitalized adult COVID-19 patients: A randomized multi-center clinical trial. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine, 14(6), 266.
  5. Riemersma, K. K., Grogan, B. E., Kita-Yarbro, A., Jeppson, G. E., O’Connor, D. H., Friedrich, T. C., & Grande, K. M. (2021). Vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals have similar viral loads in communities with a high prevalence of the SARS-CoV-2 delta variant. medRxiv.
  6. Sciscent, B. Y., Eisele, C. D., Ho, L., King, S. D., Jain, R., & Golamari, R. R. (2021). COVID-19 reinfection: the role of natural immunity, vaccines, and variants. Journal of Community Hospital Internal Medicine Perspectives, 11(6), 733-739.
  7. Shenai, M. B., Rahme, R., & Noorchashm, H. (2021). Equivalency of Protection from Natural Immunity in COVID-19 Recovered Versus Fully Vaccinated Persons: A Systematic Review and Pooled Analysis. Cureus, 13(10).
  8. Shoenfeld, Y., Aharon-Maor, A., & Sherer, Y. (2000). Vaccination as an additional player in the mosaic of autoimmunity. Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology, 18(2), 181-184.
  9. Shrestha, N. K., Burke, P. C., Nowacki, A. S., Terpeluk, P., & Gordon, S. M. (2021). Necessity of COVID-19 vaccination in previously infected individuals. medRxiv.
  10. Singanayagam, A., Hakki, S., Dunning, J., Madon, K. J., Crone, M. A., Koycheva, A., & Lackenby, A. (2021). Community transmission and viral load kinetics of the SARS-CoV-2 delta (B. 1.617. 2) variant in vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals in the UK: a prospective, longitudinal, cohort study. The Lancet Infectious Diseases.
  11. Yu, X., Tsibane, T., McGraw, P. A., House, F. S., Keefer, C. J., Hicar, M. D & Crowe Jr, J. E. (2008). Neutralizing antibodies derived from the B cells of 1918 influenza pandemic survivors. Nature, 455(7212), 532-536.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I wouldn’t be surprised if these pigs are thinking of way of spreading Covid to Africa. Vaccine is huge business and another way to squeeze billions out of Africa
People shouldn't be surprised.

These Europeans wreaked havoc on earth for hundreds of years, only since Colonialism ended have they started rebranding their evil colonialism by pretending to be altruistic. Unfortunately, a lot of people actually believe this rebranding instead of looking into what they are really doing.

I refuse to believe they have all of a sudden developed a conscience, their masks drop often and that's when they publish such revealing articles.

WHY WON'T THESE DAMN AFRICANS DROP DEAD SO WE CAN MOVE IN!!
Exactly. All I have do is look back at the likes of (War Hawks) like Henry Kissinger to get an undiluted look at their their hidden beliefs.
“Depopulation should be the highest priority of foreign policy towards the third world, because the US economy will require large and increasing amounts of minerals from abroad, especially from less-developed countries.” — Henry Kissinger.
He was evil for sure but at least he was honest. These guys prefer disguising their views in false declarations of concern.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
I had the Wuhan virus last year and I had little to barely noticeable symptoms for like 1.5 days thanks to my vitamin regimen and my good diet.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
AP (and Reuters) are no longer impartial.
AJ if you were a reporter I could see you as a Rebel News one. :mjlol: Do you know what happened to that Oromo looking guy that worked for them? Last I heard, he tried to cross over into the rap scene. What was his name again, Faisal?

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Its killing people in Africa,its just not documented
• people keep getting the virus, those who die will be buried next day without question why he died , especially the elderly

• the heat

• Africa is less connected, and more larger continant than Europe.

• look at smaller and more connected, less warm region like India, and see what the virus had done to them

• different variants of the virus, one can be worse than other

Look how Africa is gray, meaning there's no data from it

1637819193499.png

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
AJ if you were a reporter I could see you as a Rebel News one. :mjlol: Do you know what happened to that Oromo looking guy that worked for them? Last I heard, he tried to cross over into the rap scene. What was his name again, Faisal?

Faiz? His name escapes me. He left because he was uncomfortable about the criticisms of Islam I believe. He's Christian though.

Trending