Science on its way to discovering the soul (mind and consciousness)???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genie

The last suugo bender

Radin carried out an experiment that was published in Physics Essays What he showed was the consciousness can collapse the wave function. Again, this wasn't published in some fluke Journal.

There's no way conscious focus and intention should have any effect on the wave function if it's blindly random but it does.

We have also seen this in Psi throughout the years. We have conscious focus and intention causing a random system like a random nomber generator in a non random way. So when the system is running without human interference, you get a 50/50 distribution of 1's and 0's. When you add in human focus and intention you will get more 1's than 0's if humans concentrate on producing more 1's than 0's.

Now, Lucien Hardy, a theoretical physicist from the Perimeter Institute in Canada, is suggesting that the measurements between A and B could be controlled by something that may potentially be separate from the material world: the human mind. His idea is derived from what French philosopher and mathematician Rene Descartes called the mind-matter duality, “[where] the mind is outside of regular physics and intervenes on the physical world,” as Hardy explained.

To do this, Hardy proposed a version of the Bell test involving 100 humans, each hooked up to EEG headsets that would read their brain activity. These devices would be used to switch the settings on the measuring devices for A and B, set at 100 kilometers apart. “The radical possibility we wish to investigate is that, when humans are used to decide the settings (rather than various types of random number generators), we might then expect to see a violation of Quantum Theory in agreement with the relevant Bell inequality,” Hardy wrote in a paper published online earlier this month.

If the correlation between the measurements don’t match previous Bell tests, then there could be a violation of quantum theory that suggests A and B are being controlled by factors outside the realm of standard physics. “[If] you only saw a violation of quantum theory when you had systems that might be regarded as conscious, humans or other animals, that would certainly be exciting. I can’t imagine a more striking experimental result in physics than that,” Hardy said. “We’d want to debate as to what that meant.”

What it could mean is this: that the human mind (consciousness) isn’t made up of the same matter governed by physics. Furthermore, it could suggest that the mind is capable of overcoming physics with free will. This could potentially be the first time scientists gain a firm grasp on the problem of consciousness. “It wouldn’t settle the question, but it would certainly have a strong bearing on the issue of free will,” said Hardy.

If humans are interacting with entangled particles, they should behave randomly but if this test turns out like Radin's then we wont. Instead of say a 50/50 distribution of spin up/spin down, we might get 60/40 or more when human intention and focus are involved.

This would mean that an immaterial conscious mind is a fundamental aspect of reality and can cause random systems to behave in a non random way. This mind wanted to experience a local reality and caused the universe to behave in a non random way. We're that conscious universal mind entangled to our local bodies.

TLDR: This is about the mind causing events with random outcomes like a random number generator or the measurement of subatomic particles to behave in a non random way , in other words rather than humans having spiritual experiences humans are spiritual beings having a human experience. AKA the soul the ruuh put in all of us from birth and extracted from us when we die , watch the video if you can , this might be the gateway into a new scientific field into the supernatural or the world of the unseen aka the ghayb. Science is beginning to explore the idea of the observer affecting occurrences.

I'm so excited , if you edna more information read the book by Dean RIddin Dean Radin, I've read two of his books. He talks about the remote observation collapsing the wave function in the book Supernormal. That might be my favorite experiment ever.

The experienced mediaters did a better job than normal people in collapsing the wave function. People always say that meditaters are good at quieting their mind but I think it’s actually that they are quieting their brain activity. I believe that the brain limits or overrides the mind to make us perceive that our consciousness is just made by chemical reactions in our head and when we die, that's it. That's the current mainstream scientific and medical theory. I think the mind or consciousness is omnipresent, meaning everywhere all at once, and outside of time and space. So no matter where your body is, the mind is always connected sort of like an infinite wifi range.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
The conscious mind is metaphysical and it is at the foundation of our experience that we have in this brief life, this mere action of conscious thought is in it of itself a spiritual experience.

Science today eliminated philosophy from it's structure when traditionally, philosophy and logic was seen as propaduetic sciences that would be taught before getting into material sciences.

This civilizations is built upon the assumption that seeing is believing and believing is not seeing. It's bound to collapse.

Genie

The last suugo bender
The conscious mind is metaphysical and it is at the foundation of our experience that we have in this brief life, this mere action of conscious thought is in it of itself a spiritual experience.

Science today eliminated philosophy from it's structure when traditionally, philosophy and logic was seen as propaduetic sciences that would be taught before getting into material sciences.

This civilizations is built upon the assumption that seeing is believing and believing is not seeing. It's bound to collapse.

I second that my friend to some extent ancient civilisations were correct in assuming that there is a metaphysical 'spiritual' world , so if we look to them and their findings and recordings perhaps we can assume a start.

Last edited:
I remember one experiment in which they weighed the body just before and after death. The idea was to
see if there was a decrease in weight as the soul left the body.

Genie

The last suugo bender
I remember one experiment in which they weighed the body just before and after death. The idea was to
see if there was a decrease in weight as the soul left the body.

Yeah i remember that and they did find that the body lost weight , the science community passed it off as not 'significant' evidence for a soul.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Yeah i remember that and they did find that the body lost weight , the science community passed it off as not 'significant' evidence for a soul.

Well yeah, the 21 gram weight loss was only observed in one out of the 6 people who died, and there were other issues and variables that wasn't accounted for if i remember correctly. So it wasn't a very good experiment.

Genie

The last suugo bender
Well yeah, the 21 gram weight loss was only observed in one out of the 6 people who died, and there were other issues and variables that wasn't accounted for if i remember correctly. So it wasn't a very good experiment.

I didn't read into the experiment (methodology etc) i was only aware of the aim and then the results. :kanyeshrug:
I'll have to look into it later to see if its the same one,

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
Consciousness affecting matter? Yes... I'm doing it now by lifting my finger....:browtf:

Or does he mean that the ''mind'' can actually ''affect'' the quantum world by merely observing (intently? That sounds like pseudo-science to me and it hasn't been proven at all. Bear in mind that the word ''observing'' has a total different meaning in quantum physics. A particle inside my body, for example, doesn't ''observe'' other particles inside the body, it just interacts. That interaction ( forces that repel and attract) is well understood by particle physicists.

In the famous double slit experiment, a detector in as much as human beings have the same ''affect'' on the outcome of it, which is the collapse of the wave-function duality. This tells me, we human beings with our consciousness ,are as important as a ''soulless'' material detector. Ergo, we are nothing special.

And to my understanding the vast majority of physicists, don't have the same interpretation (Copenhagen interpretation) as the guy in the video.

Genie

The last suugo bender
Consciousness affecting matter? Yes... I'm doing it now by lifting my finger....:browtf:

Or does he mean that the ''mind'' can actually ''affect'' the quantum world by merely observing (intently? That sounds like pseudo-science to me and it hasn't been proven at all. Bear in mind that the word ''observing'' has a total different meaning in quantum physics. A particle inside my body, for example, doesn't ''observe'' other particles inside the body, it just interacts. That interaction ( forces that repel and attract) is well understood by particle physicists.

In the famous double slit experiment, a detector in as much as human beings have the same ''affect'' on the outcome of it, which is the collapse of the wave-function duality. This tells me, we human beings with our consciousness ,are as important as a ''soulless'' material detector. Ergo, we are nothing special.

And to my understanding the vast majority of physicists, don't have the same interpretation (Copenhagen interpretation) as the guy in the video.

"This would mean that an immaterial conscious mind is a fundamental aspect of reality and can cause random systems to behave in a non random way. This mind wanted to experience a local reality and caused the universe to behave in a non random way. We're that conscious universal mind entangled to our local bodies."

Actually they are atheists and most likely don't believe in souls however what they are describing sounds very much like a soul , i wouldn't base a solid conclusion as of now this is all new its very interesting nevertheless . They are suggesting that our mind and consciousness inspires our fundamental perception of reality. As concluded from the video above, again all this is still very much in its infancy i'm excited to see where this goes.

Some people are getting carried away in suggesting supernatural powers with our mind or some shit :icon rolleyes:

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist

Radin carried out an experiment that was published in Physics Essays What he showed was the consciousness can collapse the wave function. Again, this wasn't published in some fluke Journal.

There's no way conscious focus and intention should have any effect on the wave function if it's blindly random but it does.

We have also seen this in Psi throughout the years. We have conscious focus and intention causing a random system like a random nomber generator in a non random way. So when the system is running without human interference, you get a 50/50 distribution of 1's and 0's. When you add in human focus and intention you will get more 1's than 0's if humans concentrate on producing more 1's than 0's.

If humans are interacting with entangled particles, they should behave randomly but if this test turns out like Radin's then we wont. Instead of say a 50/50 distribution of spin up/spin down, we might get 60/40 or more when human intention and focus are involved.

This would mean that an immaterial conscious mind is a fundamental aspect of reality and can cause random systems to behave in a non random way. This mind wanted to experience a local reality and caused the universe to behave in a non random way. We're that conscious universal mind entangled to our local bodies.

TLDR: This is about the mind causing events with random outcomes like a random number generator or the measurement of subatomic particles to behave in a non random way , in other words rather than humans having spiritual experiences humans are spiritual beings having a human experience. AKA the soul the ruuh put in all of us from birth and extracted from us when we die , watch the video if you can , this might be the gateway into a new scientific field into the supernatural or the world of the unseen aka the ghayb. Science is beginning to explore the idea of the observer affecting occurrences.

I'm so excited , if you edna more information read the book by Dean RIddin Dean Radin, I've read two of his books. He talks about the remote observation collapsing the wave function in the book Supernormal. That might be my favorite experiment ever.

The experienced mediaters did a better job than normal people in collapsing the wave function. People always say that meditaters are good at quieting their mind but I think it’s actually that they are quieting their brain activity. I believe that the brain limits or overrides the mind to make us perceive that our consciousness is just made by chemical reactions in our head and when we die, that's it. That's the current mainstream scientific and medical theory. I think the mind or consciousness is omnipresent, meaning everywhere all at once, and outside of time and space. So no matter where your body is, the mind is always connected sort of like an infinite wifi range.
Didn't watch the full video but this is amazing. If It's found that the hypothesis is true we are that much closer to proving the existence of a creator. No longer can atheists say, "you have no evidence proving God"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending