Sayid Abdulle Xassan aun

I think the Ottomans sent him on the mission to liberate the Somali peninsula.

He might have contacted the white beards in his visit to Arabia he also went to Sudan and met the Mahdi.

He was a man ahead of his time(his people).
Aun.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
The funny thing about Sayidka is how young he was. He began his 21 years fight when he was 31 and died when he was 52. The man was in his 30s and 40s for most of the time. He was not the old man people picture him to be.

Reading his poetry and his letters to the British has left me sure the he had a very high iq. It is a rare man that can lead men into battle and be simultaneously recognized as one of the greatest poets in his language.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
The funny thing about Sayidka is how young he was. He began his 21 years fight when he was 31 and died when he was 52. The man was in his 30s and 40s for most of the time. He was not the old man people picture him to be.

Reading his poetry and his letters to the British has left me sure the he had a very high iq. It is a rare man that can lead men into battle and be simultaneously recognized as one of the greatest poets in his language.
I think of that all the time how can someone at age 30 from a society that has essentially never fully grasped modern weaponry lead a war of attrition against the greatest empire of the world and do it successfully for about 20 years.

I think of that all the time how can someone at age 30 from a society that has essentially never fully grasped modern weaponry lead a war of attrition against the greatest empire of the world and do it successfully for about 20 years.

sultan Abdirahman mursal was also very young when he made the British moan the most formidable foe we ever fought in Africa is the ogadeni

I have a theory. Due to Absame having borders with non Muslim and non Somalis for centuries we managed to develop a greater abilityat waging wars than compared to our neighbours

there is a book a read several years ago about how European societies were less war like if they were shielded by neighbours but if the neighbours spoke different languages they were far more war like and more organised in warfare due to them protecting their land. Language and culture from a neighbour who is different to them ethnically or religiously.

so is it anyone that Absame was the most expansionist fighting the British from Berber to mount Kenya since we shielded Somali tribes from foreigners we basically were the Somali wall.

thus the sayid was raised in this environment of hearing stories and seeing elders who have developed a culture for war due to centuries of fending off Oromo etc.

can you imagine if Absame or Ogaden did not fight for DDS Somalis today would be speaking axmaar and maybe gallow and maybe oromo would be in the Indian Ocean by now. If it wa not for us Somalis in the region would have intermarried and submitted their culture ages ago.

if you look at Europeans it was always the frontier groups like Russians fighting with tartar or Varangians fending off invasions or vikings or romans who were the most war like. What they have in common is strong leadership that felt threatened by ethnically different neighbours. Whilst no Swiss ever fought as they were interior a lot of frontier races were forced to fight. Just my theory

so it was no brainer the sayid would come from the most warlike group in was Africa due to them being surrounded they had to be war like or die off and get assimilated centuries ago. He was certainly never gona come from say galgaduud or Berbera protected by Indian Ocean and Somalis in each side. You needed a tribe that has had to fight for every inch of land and thus developed a complex desire for warfare and agile enough to know the Necessity of dying for God King and country and culture and religion

a people forced to fight. Constantly against neighbours especially foreign neighbours develop a culture for war aggression against enemies pride for culture and religion and also develop methods and tactics and even weapons since necessity is the mother of all invention hence why this was never going to come from Somalis who were protected inside the interior

could xamar have produced a king will waal? And against who? But king will waal faces gallow. So it was do or die for us. This has sharpened our warlike nature when lead right.

Last edited:
sultan Abdirahman mursal was also very young when he made the British moan the most formidable foe we ever fought in Africa is the ogadeni

I have a theory. Due to Absame having borders with non Muslim and non Somalis for centuries we managed to develop a greater abilityat waging wars than compared to our neighbours

there is a book a read several years ago about how European societies were less war like if they were shielded by neighbours but if the neighbours spoke different languages they were far more war like and more organised in warfare due to them protecting their land. Language and culture from a neighbour who is different to them ethnically or religiously.

so is it anyone that Absame was the most expansionist fighting the British from Berber to mount Kenya since we shielded Somali tribes from foreigners we basically were the Somali wall.

thus the sayid was raised in this environment of hearing stories and seeing elders who have developed a culture for war due to centuries of fending off Oromo etc.

can you imagine if Absame or Ogaden did not fight for DDS Somalis today would be speaking axmaar and maybe gallow and maybe oromo would be in the Indian Ocean by now. If it wa not for us Somalis in the region would have intermarried and submitted their culture ages ago.

if you look at Europeans it was always the frontier groups like Russians fighting with tartar or Varangians fending off invasions or vikings or romans who were the most war like. What they have in common is strong leadership that felt threatened by ethnically different neighbours. Whilst no Swiss ever fought as they were interior a lot of frontier races were forced to fight. Just my theory

so it was no brainer the sayid would come from the most warlike group in was Africa due to them being surrounded they had to be war like or die off and get assimilated centuries ago. He was certainly never gona come from say galgaduud or Berbera protected by Indian Ocean and Somalis in each side. You needed a tribe that has had to fight for every inch of land and thus developed a complex desire for warfare and agile enough to know the Necessity of dying for God King and country and culture and religion

a people forced to fight. Constantly against neighbours especially foreign neighbours develop a culture for war aggression against enemies pride for culture and religion and also develop methods and tactics and even weapons since necessity is the mother of all invention hence why this was never going to come from Somalis who were protected inside the interior

could xamar have produced a king will waal? And against who? But king will waal faces gallow. So it was do or die for us. This has sharpened our warlike nature when lead right.
Your theory seems kinda off cause wasn’t he raised by dhulos and was them in culture?

He was bad ass. A man only 30 galvanizing a whole land and it’s tribe. He must of been very charismatic in the early days of his struggle.

Your theory seems kinda off cause wasn’t he raised by dhulos and was them in culture?

He was bad ass. A man only 30 galvanizing a whole land and it’s tribe. He must of been very charismatic in the early days of his struggle.

No he was not, Sayid was not raised by dhulo, he was born in Ogadeniya - his father did marry one but the culture was for all Ogadens, we marry the wife and bring her back to OG lands, we never stay in the land of the wife,

speak to a Bah Gerri, there is also a lot of myth, the Sayid was not buried by his reer abti as claimed, the British wanted to study his brain as they were aw struck by his bravery and intellect- they looked for his body but bah gerri buried him in a secret location unknown to anyone- only 4 men knew where his buried and they took it to their graves,

there is another myth that dhulo buried him in a secret location, it was his sub clan Bah Gerri

he did go to his reer abti as teacher in his younger days in his late teens an then eventually yemen and beyond to study before he departed for Iraq, Saudi or today's Saudi, western hijaz then, sudan and even Istanbul and syria

the Ottoman foreign ministry delegates were sitting with the Sayid when the British were bombing the Sayid by planes, he was also very well connected to the German empire

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Sayidka was a true hero we need a Sayid bow to liberate Somalia Farmaajo madoobe Bixi Deni they are all traitors who have submitted to foreign rule. If Sayidka was here he would first target Xalane and kick out the gaalo ruling Somalia.

We need new Sayid to liberate us

He was a genius and well connected and hear stories of old Ogadne men travelling to abroad like yemen for trade

Sultan Ahmed Magan went to visit British governors as far as zanzibar and even accompanied Harding when he retired and left kismayo to go back to Tanzania by boat, to send him off and do a well connected diplomatic link to the new governor - MJ were doing the same thing in kismayo -it was getting to know the new British elite in jubaland and getting them on your side

Ogaden leaders in the late 1800s were very aware politically, to be honest so were Harti, it was just hotos and marehan and isaaq who really slept on the wheel - read how Ogaden leaders were very well connected and aware of who is who in the British elites of east africa and even Sultan Magan Yusuf travelled to lamu and zanzibar to smooth things over

i am sure also the sayid were wealthy and sold some family camels and used the gold- currency back them world wide gold was money and it opened doors- and used that gold to travel, we know he even went as far as Iraq and even made links with Ottoman officials

we know he worked with the ottomans and German empire as they recognised his state and during world war 1 and the Ottoman used to send foreign ministry delegates to him, well written about how they would visit him in his realm

the British did not offer the man chance to become king of the Somalis for fun

wehn Qamaan Bulxaan was arrested in harar in 1916 he was with the ethiopian muslim king
Lij Iyasu before the habashi church begged UK to depose him because Qamaan was using the king to send money and weapons to the Sayid and making Muslims rise up- the kings dad was muslim, makael ali and forced to convert by menlik or lose his duke title and lands- the son became king and just went back to the same deen as his dad, he was wollo muslim- is it also any wonder Qamaan was the defence minister of the sayid and darwish state -so Ogaden leaders of old were very crafty in international diplomacy and know how to get to he halls of power - when the British arrested the king, Qamaan was one of them with him in harar making deals and was friends with him, and even encouraged him to appointed his own man as harar governor - a harari muslim who worked with the sayid

Ogaden leaders of old were really aware of their geo politics in Ogadeniya Somalian- Darwish state or Jubaland and NFD

even the New York times wrote an article on Sayid in 1902 calling him the African Napoleon due to his tactics of defeating the British in at least 11 battles until they used planes on him after world war 1

1598365227666.png

The Sayid apparently read famous military tactics by the famous Roman general Caesar

we know he went to hajj aged 20 so maybe thats how he got the Money, we also know he was a camel trader, apparently he also sold slaves in upper Sudan, which I really do not believe, I just do not see an Caghdeer guy trading slaves in upper Sudan -just more western media sensationalism

Abdullah is 43 of age. The son of a poor shepherd of the [Bah] Suleiman Ogaden, at the age of 18 he married into the Dolbahante Ali Gheri. He straightway sold the herds that his wife had brought him and went to school at Berbera, where he became versed in Islamic lore, and, incidentally, learned Latin from a Roman Catholic missionary. He also read Caesar’s “Commentaries” in the original. This is interesting to remember, as his strategy in the subsequent campaigns, if not his tactics, shows familiarity with the great Roman. At the age of 20 he made his first pilgrimage to Mecca. He made annual pilgrimages there in the four following years.

Some years ago Abdullah was already much discussed among the Mussulman population of Aden and of the surrounding country. Europeans on the coast made light of the ‘New Mahdi’, as he was styled, and at Aden was first invented for him the foolish and misleading nickname of ‘Mad Mullah’ – a glaring misnomer, for, however, flighty may be his religious zeal, no saner man ever lived.

The Caghdeer genes

“In stature he is a true Somali – tall, vigorous, and with regular features.

Do you think he was right in killing so many somali people because they directly worked with the british and others?

Is that his real picture ?

I do not know, it seems to be similar to the one purported to be the Sayid, perhaps the british sent a copy to the media world or they just made it up

is this the conqueror himself? only Allah knows

he did apparently have classic Grecian Ogaden features, accordingly to the western media, so perhaps some media dude met him and drew a picture of him?

supreme classic Ogaden handsome looks, an old Hawiye female married to an Ugaas Nuur man i would later learn once saw me walking in a somali shopping mall in London, she stopped me and called me over and said are you Ogaden, I said affirmative, she was mesmerised with my dashingly handsome Greek dipped in golden honey like looks and lush extremely soft hair and Nazi soldier like stature -say masha Allah-

anyway she said for many centuries females of somali race would actually walk to Ogaden towns and beg for an OG husband due to their good looks and long tall handsome frames, she then joked today OG is married hawiye, isaaq and other ugly somalis and this is diluting our blood line and our physical looks and advised me to marry only an OG hahahha :childplease:

New York times

In stature he is a true Somali – tall, vigorous, and with regular features.

1598369496665.png

70k men in 1902?:oops:
How is that possible when all somalis didnt even surpass the 2 million mark at this point?

Its a Misnomer Ogaden were against him, it was juts reer dalal ugaas magan, , look at Qamaan bulxaan, his defence minister equivalent, he is xandule ugaas magan, he made peace with reer dalal afterwards after marrying the daughter of their sultan,

with Reer Dalal Ugaas Magan Ugaas Warfa it was do not get involved with Reer Magan royal title, in fact reer dalal gave him 80 horses and 80 guns as far back as 1892, they just asked do not claim the royal title ship of Absame, just the way osman muxamuud of the MJ demanded the same for MJ royal title, from him hence why they would beef him like ciise muxamuud of the MJ but umar muxamuud was on his side unlike thheir other cosuins, though it must be said some osman muxamuud did support him, just the royals like reer Ugaas Warfa

Makahil, bah gerri, cabdalla, many reer cabdulle like maalinguur, reer amadin, clai yusuf etc , calwyahan, , rer isaaq, even abaskuul and other jidwaq ere on his side,

he had Ogaden, Dhulbahante- they say 70% of this clan died fighting the British and making sure isaaqw did not get converted so give credit to dhulo,

there is even a source saying Umar Muxamuud an MJ clan alone provided 4,000 men, can you imagine one Mj sub sub sub clan providing 4,000 men power?

marehan did not provide anyhthing, he chased them away when they demanded money so they ran off when he said choose me or the gallo, do not let them boast online with bravado they wanted money just like during ahmed gurey days when @DR OSMAN pointed out they were troubling the sultan by demanding payment during jihad

Last edited:
70k men in 1902?:oops:
How is that possible when all somalis didnt even surpass the 2 million mark at this point?

sxb who really knows the true size of somalis, we make babies like no Tomorrow ,

i really do not think somalis are 30 million across the horn, maybe they are now close to around 40 million?

one battle in the 1890s in Jubaland with Ogaden and British army, Mohamed Zubeer alone produced 4,500 soldiers during the battle for kismayo men when the entire marehan population in Luuq was around 3000 and Harti had a population of around 5,000 people in kismayo according to the sourcers

Yes at times Mohamed Zubeer forced others to fight for him, like how the British note when Boran were forced to fight on the side of the Ogadens against an army of surprisingly Boran and British soldiers, but does it take leadership to cajole another race to fight on your side?

By 1896, Sultan Ahmed Magan appears to have been the leader of the Muhammad Zubeir Ogaden sub-clan, who occupied the hinterland beyond Kismayu to Afmadu and were considered to be the “most numerous, the most powerful and richest of all the Jubaland tribes

Do you think he was right in killing so many somali people because they directly worked with the british and others?

He did not kill a single soul until they were armed by the british to attack him, and he had the right to defend himself,

all who are armed by gallo to harm you should be smoked, what was he supposed to do? say agah and beg them?

Geel, would you kneel if a someone comes to your door to kill you?

Trending