Say goodbye to the "I only listen to Eminem"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are honest, somali people and culture in general is very conservative and way more republican.
Nobody can tell me the somali culture and core beliefs resembles either the liberals or democrats.
Now, Eminem has dissed Bush and Hillary before. So it´s not new, but i highly doubt Trump catches the bait.
The orange thing is obvious though, when the topic is trump it´s a layup.
Shady´s Fans are relentless, they don´t play around:fittytousand:

I met Eminem once lmao, he looks very meek irl but I use to love his music growing up. Until I stopped listening to hip hop, he's a real one. It's weird how woke Eminem is, I bet his daughter is the exact opposite considering how most upper middle class caadan people act.

TooMacaan

VIP
Is this the first time you're listening to Eminem? Genuine question! I wonder what your reaction would have been if you were listening to his older stuff of him having a proper go at anyone and everyone! Also, rap is never meant to be 'fair' or convey the correct socio-political state of affairs.
No lol, I'm familiar enough with Eminem's music BUT the difference between things like this and his older stuff is: content and purpose. The subject matter varies in that this is a serious topic, and thus (imo)...it deserves more truth -- and less shock factor.

If he just did it for entertainment...that'd be one thing, but some liberals were applauding his freestyle as if it was some ground-breaking, super lyrical, conscious type ish:mjlol:

No lol, I'm familiar enough with Eminem's music BUT the difference between things like this and his older stuff is: content and purpose. The subject matter varies in that this is a serious topic, and thus (imo)...it deserves more truth -- and less shock factor.

If he just did it for entertainment...that'd be one thing, but some liberals were applauding his freestyle as if it was some ground-breaking, super lyrical, conscious type ish:mjlol:
George Bush was the president too. I've a question for you, though. You're half Somali, if I remember. Why do you side with people who, for lack of a better word, hate you? I mean the right is against immigrants, Muslims, and have insufferable attitude towards minorities in general. I can't wrap my head around this. I can understand a classically conservative American not liking liberals, as well as of course the alt-right, but not Somali Muslim immigrant! Doesn't make any sense!

TooMacaan

VIP
George Bush was the president too. I've a question for you, though. You're half Somali, if I remember. Why do you side with people who, for lack of a better word, hate you? I mean the right is against immigrants, Muslims, and have insufferable attitude towards minorities in general. I can't wrap my head around this. I can understand a classically conservative American not liking liberals, as well as of course the alt-right, but not Somali Muslim immigrant! Doesn't make any sense!
I don't give a crap about Trump or Bush; I think they're both incompetent tbh. And I'm not siding with the alt-right either btw., I just think it's stupid how 'minorities' and legal immigrants are automatically expected to like & vote for liberals...even though a lot of our cultural values don't align with theirs.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm aware that many right wing ppl have a distaste for people whom they consider 'other' and probably don't give 2sh*ts that we may see eye to eye on certain things...but I (personally) still don't see this as a reason to embrace their opponents either. I dislike both the SJW left and the bigoted right.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't give a crap about Trump or Bush; I think they're both incompetent tbh. And I'm not siding with the alt-right either btw., I just think it's stupid how 'minorities' and legal immigrants are automatically expected to like & vote for liberals...even though a lot of our cultural values don't align with theirs.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm aware that many right wing ppl have a distaste for people whom they consider 'other' and probably don't give 2sh*ts that we may see eye to eye on certain things...but I (personally) still don't see this as a reason to embrace their opponents either. I dislike both the SJW left and the bigoted right.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have to embrace everything the left has to offer, though. But I get the notion that you believe some of the narratives that the contemporary right is pushing. For example, you say you dislike both the SJW left and the bigoted right. That's either unfortunate phrasing, or a clear false equivalence if I ever saw one. From what you have said you appear to see yourself as someone politically aware, but I think you may have fallen victim for certain right wing narratives.

TooMacaan

VIP
You don't have to embrace everything the left has to offer, though. But I get the notion that you believe some of the narratives that the contemporary right is pushing. For example, you say you dislike both the SJW left and the bigoted right. That's either unfortunate phrasing, or a clear false equivalence if I ever saw one. From what you have said you appear to see yourself as someone politically aware, but I think you may have fallen victim for certain right wing narratives.
Loool, which right wing narratives have I fallen victim to? The fact that I don't support ILLEGAL immigrants?? I don't see how that's wrong, honestly, every country has immigration rules...it needs to be followed:kanyeshrug:

Loool, which right wing narratives have I fallen victim to? The fact that I don't support ILLEGAL immigrants?? I don't see how that's wrong, honestly, every country has immigration rules...it needs to be followed:kanyeshrug:
The fact that you see hating both SJW and right wing bigots as some sort of fair division of your political distaste. Also things like illegal immigrants are political buzzwords/phrases frequently employed by the right, in which they include large portions of perfectly legal immigrants. The fact that you say immigration laws have to be followed as if they have been previously set aside is telling. You've either been watching too many edgy kids on Youtube who think it's cool to hate the left or you have truly fallen victim for the right wing propaganda. There are legitimate criticisms of the left and the media, and there have been for a long time, but they are advanced by people of respectable scholarship like Chomsky. It's better to be aware of these rather than swallowing pieces of the right wing narrative.

TooMacaan

VIP
The fact that you see hating both SJW and right wing bigots as some sort of fair division of your political distaste. Also things like illegal immigrants are political buzzwords/phrases frequently employed by the right, in which they include large portions of perfectly legal immigrants. The fact that you say immigration laws have to be followed as if they have been previously set aside is telling. You've either been watching too many edgy kids on Youtube who think it's cool to hate the left or you have truly fallen victim for the right wing propaganda. There are legitimate criticisms of the left and the media, and there have been for a long time, but they are advanced by people of respectable scholarship like Chomsky. It's better to be aware of these rather than swallowing pieces of the right wing narrative.
Don't know where you're from, but where I reside...SJWs are more of a threat culturally and socially than the 'bigoted rights' (we don't rly have these) are. The system supports & gives platform to SJWs, while the right have no where close to that kinda power. Also, the tactics differ-- the SJWs are much more aggressive and authoritarian-like in my exp.

How are legal immigrants also affected by the right's anti-illegals stance?? Even if the right secretly disliked the legal ones too, I genuinely don't get how legal immigrants could be impacted; these are two completely different groups. Latinos already make up a huge demographic in America; liberal politicians cater to communities based on numbers; it's in the best interests of Black ppl to make sure they remain the main minorities(esp AAs). The reason I say immigration laws need to be followed is because of this notion floating around in liberal spheres that illegals are somehow victims (when they chose to break the law). Discussions about amnesty (which incentivizes ppl to further break the law) as a 'solution', while simultaneously branding reasonable ppl who don't support illegals as 'racists', is downright ridiculous (and VERY hypocritical, [since liberal admin deported more of them]).

Chomsky is senpai but you're deluded af if you think the liberals in power are anything like him. Liberals don't care about "real change". Just look at the way Clinton tried to ostracize Sanders, and blame Trump's success on him and his voters. Entitled qashin who refuse to take any personal responsibility for why minorities are disenfranchised with them- that's liberals.

Last edited:

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
No way are SJWs more of a threat than the Alt-Right.
SJWs are just a perceived threat, got people convinced that they're out to get all of you and conform to their lifestyle.

Anyone playing the game of "Liberals are ruining everything"'s been duped heavy in my opinion.
The term "SJW" is played out, surprisingly not true for the alt-right and their dog-whistle politics.
"Muh immigrants.".
pas2FIy.gif

TooMacaan

VIP
No way are SJWs more of a threat than the Alt-Right.
SJWs are just a perceived threat, got people convinced that they're out to get all of you and conform to their lifestyle.

Anyone playing the game of "Liberals are ruining everything"'s been duped heavy in my opinion.
The term "SJW" is played out, surprisingly not true for the alt-right and their dog-whistle politics.
"Muh immigrants.".
pas2FIy.gif
The social/cultural environment may be different in the UK, but in Canada??...SJWs are def. more of a threat to individual liberty:bell:.

I'm pretty lax in that I generally don't care what regressive activities ppl partake in, as long as they don't force it on me or make it the standard...but it's actually seeping into the education system and ppl are obligated to participate/conform nowadays, by law!!:faysalwtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.