Saudis have been Abandoning their Kids Abroad, Now the Children want Answers | Foreign Correspondent

@Omar del Sur What is the islamic rule on children outside of wedlock?

I think it's what Badboy4life said:

Islamically, a man who has a son through zina has no obligation towards the child, and he has no right to the child.

I think this is the correct view and I believe this is the opinion of the majority of the scholars.

edit: just as a sidenote, I want to mention that I am a little wary of Islamweb. to my understanding they are ikwani, but I think Badboy is correct and that it is the opinion of the majority of the scholars.

I think this is the correct view and I believe this is the opinion of the majority of the scholars.

edit: just as a sidenote, I want to mention that I am a little wary of Islamweb. to my understanding they are ikwani, but I think Badboy is correct and that it is the opinion of the majority of the scholars.
So in other words women shouldn't have kids with men they're not married to.. Otherwise the man have no obligation to support her... What if it was a short vacation marriage and the man leaves her behind pregnant and divorce her? Is he obliged to support her or?

So in other words women shouldn't have kids with men they're not married to.. Otherwise the man have no obligation to support her... What if it was a short vacation marriage and the man leaves her behind pregnant and divorce her? Is he obliged to support her or?

Yes, I believe he is obligated. I'm not super familiar with the rulings on the form of marriage you're referring to... but as long as the intercourse is permissible, to my understanding, the child is attributed to the father and the father is responsible for the child and all that.

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
Islamically, a man who has a son through zina has no obligation towards the child, and he has no right to the child.

While this is the view held by majority of scholars, we need to understand the context and circumstances behind that ruling. It's also equally true that illegitimate children born within marriage are also attributed to the father when it's the mother who committed zina. So technically speaking a man has obligations towards children whom they've not fathered, laakin you'll hardly see this view being endorsed by those who like to support the other view, why is that do you think ?

At the time muslims didn't live and travel to non muslim lands in the manner that we've today, in fact scholars at the time advised muslims who passed through non muslims lands to practice coitus interruptus for fear of giving birth in their lands so as to avoid their children being raised as gaalo etc.

A child being born out of wedlock in a muslim country will be raised as a muslim but the same can not be said for a child who's not only born in a non-muslim country but also to a non muslim mother. This is true even if we either take into account or disregard worldly interests like finance etc, there's more at risk for a child born in a wadaan gaaled.

This is why it's important to take into consideration current circumstances, weigh in the cons and pros and offer a solution that's more beneficial and has the least harm. These men are doing the exact same to muslim women of other ethnicities whom they married islamically, so it's not just non-muslim women who bear the brunt of their abandonment.

What this men are doing is a great injustice and they'll answer for it coming judgement day.

Last edited:
Nope, go and learn basic fiqh.

You both need to stop causing fitnah. May Allah guide you both.

As the saying goes, it takes two to tango. There is no logic in saying a man has no responsibility to the child born out of zina. Did he not too engage in zina or is the woman the only person responsible. Family responsibility is a very important pillar in our deen, saying it allows deadbeat behaviour in my eyes is causing fitnah. As this documentary shows, Arab men are known for impregnating foreign women and then dipping so I'm not surprised they made up this rule excusing their deadbeat behaviour. The original ruling is in regards to the responsibility a man has for a child born out of zina that he is not biologically related to, i.e your wife having an affair and your responsibility to the child born out of the affair. Of course Arabs have twisted this ruling to suit their needs like they have twisted everything else.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Somalis do this too. I have several half cadaan or half something else relatives on 23andme from places like the United States, Canada and the UK. Some of them even messaged me asking if I could possibly help them find their aabo. Sad stuff. One girl I saw was from California and half Yahud. I should get friendly with her. Might have a future in Hollyweird.

Good Vibes Smile GIF by Salesforce

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Imagine as a man you have a child with a non-muslim woman. You don’t raise it or stay in contact with your offspring.

If your child does not become muslim before his/her death, thats on you. On the day of judgment, your child will blame you for not teaching them Islam. You could go to hell. Never understood why some men think there would not be consequinces if they were not in their children lives. Allah sees everything.

Trending