Saudi to open military base in Djibouti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
A Saudi military base is set to open in Djibouti “very soon” according to an announcement by Djibouti’s Foreign Minister yesterday.

“I took Saudi military leaders to some of Djibouti areas for Saudi Arabia’s military bases,” Minister of Foreign Affairs Mahamoud Ali Youssouf told Saudi newspaper Asharq Al-Awsat.

He explained that “the security, military and strategic draft of the accord is ready and the coastal areas that could host the base, be it military or naval, have been identified after Saudi military officers and officials explored some of the Djibouti areas.”

The deal was initially discussed in March, yet has shown no signs of materialising.

Youssouf stressed that “there are no hesitations on the deal and the delay is purely technical as such matters do take some time, and there are no political reasons behind it.”

On Iran, Youssouf insisted that Djibouti has cut all ties with the Islamic Republic ever since it undermined the “legitimate government of Yemen” and after it supported the Houthi’s cross border attacks onto Saudi soil.

Both Djibouti and Saudi Arabia have a vested interest in securing the Red Sea and the Horn of Africa. Recent reports have shown that Iran has been smuggling weapons to the Houthi rebels from Somalia via the waterways surrounding Yemen and the Horn of Africa.

:bell::kodaksmiley::francis:

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/2...litary-base-in-djibouti/#.WEZaZMqvjlI.twitter

These many countries with such high numbers of millitary personnel, will have affect on the local population in the long run.

Djibouti is what? A small nation of a million bordering two heavily militarized nation, they would be foolish not to seek foreign help in protecting themselves no shame in that. They leverage their geopolitical position to stay relevant which is smart something they should be commended for.

Djibouti is what? A small nation of a million bordering two heavily militarized nation, they would be foolish not to seek foreign help in protecting themselves no shame in that. They leverage their geopolitical position to stay relevant which is smart something they should be commended for.
Djibouti is Ismail Omar Guelleh's personal kingdom. All the money they get from foreign countries goes to him and his cronies. Many of the people there live in conditions worse than Somalia/Somaliland.

And I'm saying this as a child of Djiboutian parents

Hawdian

Hawdian
A Saudi military base is set to open in Djibouti “very soon” according to an announcement by Djibouti’s Foreign Minister yesterday.

“I took Saudi military leaders to some of Djibouti areas for Saudi Arabia’s military bases,” Minister of Foreign Affairs Mahamoud Ali Youssouf told Saudi newspaper Asharq Al-Awsat.

He explained that “the security, military and strategic draft of the accord is ready and the coastal areas that could host the base, be it military or naval, have been identified after Saudi military officers and officials explored some of the Djibouti areas.”

The deal was initially discussed in March, yet has shown no signs of materialising.

Youssouf stressed that “there are no hesitations on the deal and the delay is purely technical as such matters do take some time, and there are no political reasons behind it.”

On Iran, Youssouf insisted that Djibouti has cut all ties with the Islamic Republic ever since it undermined the “legitimate government of Yemen” and after it supported the Houthi’s cross border attacks onto Saudi soil.

Both Djibouti and Saudi Arabia have a vested interest in securing the Red Sea and the Horn of Africa. Recent reports have shown that Iran has been smuggling weapons to the Houthi rebels from Somalia via the waterways surrounding Yemen and the Horn of Africa.

:bell::kodaksmiley::francis:

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/2...litary-base-in-djibouti/#.WEZaZMqvjlI.twitter

Typical Cissa slave. :ivers:

Plus they are making alot of money, but i know rape crime will increase by multiple national armies in Djibouti. :susp:

They are still a french colony and never been freed. :drakelaugh:

I don't know what to say, but Djibouti is a lost country. :bell:

waraabe

Your superior
Typical Cissa slave. :ivers:

Plus they are making alot of money, but i know rape crime will increase by multiple national armies in Djibouti. :susp:

I don't know what to say, but Djibouti is a lost country. :bell:

They are still a french colony and never been freed. :drakelaugh:

Stop insulting everyone while pretending to be SM.

We have nothing but love for ciise

Djibouti is Ismail Omar Guelleh's personal kingdom. All the money they get from foreign countries goes to him and his cronies. Many of the people there live in conditions worse than Somalia/Somaliland.

And I'm saying this as a child of Djiboutian parents
Nobody is disputing Djibouti a third world country, but the fact is they need French protection and agreeing to have them based in their country is not shameful. Not every country can stand alone, let alone a resource barren small populated state, sometime you need to bend over and take it from the back for benefits..no homo :ileycry:

rabshole

Aragaani
sometime you need to bend over and take it from the back for benefits..no homo :ileycry:
No homo is not going to save you from that one
0783819a3e84f40416cecfeb9a255ff5.png

Nobody is disputing Djibouti a third world country, but the fact is they need French protection and agreeing to have them based in their country is not shameful. Not every country can stand alone, let alone a resource barren small population state, sometime you need to bend over and take it from the back for benefits..no homo :ileycry:
I have no problem with them taking advantage of their geographic location and getting help from France but all of the benefits are going to a select elite. You have huge mansions right next door to slums.

There's no freedom of press, most jobs are run by the state, political opponents are jailed, and if people protest the police shoot them down like animals.

Djibouti needs a revolution asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending