Saudi news reports on the first restaurant ever built in Dhahran half a century ago by a Somali man

Status
Not open for further replies.

No click bait. Its actually real history.

It was the first restaurant ever built in Dhahran.

Somali man taught the Saudi Arab bedouins of Dhahran how to build restaurants 50 years ago.

We wuz chefs

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apollo

VIP
Do you speak Arabic? Wow, look at this big-brained guy.

326Y72j.png

Were they speaking in Formal Standard Arabic which they teach people or a local dialect? Do you only know MSA/Fusha or also dialects.

Answer the above question if you can as well, just wondering.

They are speaking Saudi formal with a heavy accent and they add a few local words here and there.
So it's not absolutely formal, it's with a hint of Saudi local dialect.

Apollo

VIP
They are speaking Saudi formal with a heavy accent and they add a few local words here and there.
So it's not absolutely formal, it's with a hint of Saudi local dialect.

Are Arabs today moving more towards the formal language or are they diverging more and more into dialects? I would predict that the internet would make the formal version more popular due to it being more useful?

Are Arabs today moving more towards the formal language or are they diverging more and more into dialects? I would predict that the internet would make the formal version more popular due to it being more useful?

I lived in Saudi Arabia for more than a year. There are lots of misconceptions that Western Somalis have. They are much less racist than Somalis, that's for sure. :lol:

In Saudi schools they teach formal standard and classical Arabic but the vast majority are not interested in it at all. It's like us studying Shakespearean English. So it's dying, even the Wahhabi clerics have succumbed to the local dialect.
One of the most surprising thing I've seen is the amount of Hindi loan words in Saudi Arabic, perhaps due to the huge Indian subcontinent population in Saudi. In another half century, the dialect will sound much more curryish. :mjlol:

How come the news reporter is not wearing hijab :gucciwhat: or are Arabs starting to become westernised while bringing wahabism in somalia? :liberaltears::liberaltears::liberaltears::birdman:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
:mjlol:I think the Somali dude is sneakin in SOmali words in his Arabic like Baziin and Kowb, I think for example kowb is ka'ss in arabic.

I lived in Saudi Arabia for more than a year. There are lots of misconceptions that Western Somalis have. They are much less racist than Somalis, that's for sure. :lol:

In Saudi schools they teach formal standard and classical Arabic but the vast majority are not interested in it at all. It's like us studying Shakespearean English. So it's dying, even the Wahhabi clerics have succumbed to the local dialect.
One of the most surprising thing I've seen is the amount of Hindi loan words in Saudi Arabic, perhaps due to the huge Indian subcontinent population in Saudi. In another half century, the dialect will sound much more curryish. :mjlol:
Arabs are usually very friendly unfortunately this site made arabs our boogeymen:farmajoyaab:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending