NEWS Saudi Arabia restores full ties with Qatar

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP

In hindsight Puntland leadership made a severe miscalculation roughly two years ago when it publicly sided with Saudi Arabia, what will this mean 2021 for PL.

135621488_467010738030423_8684217193887062237_n.jpg

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
The neutral stance Somalia took during the Arabs inner brotherly conflict is now finally paying off. Qatar just sent heavy artillery and military equipment to Mogadishu. :salute:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
UAE keeps taking Ls, first Egypt went behind their backs to negotiate with Turkey/Libya West government, and now Saudia forcing them to open their airspace to Qatar. :pachah1:

SomaliMVP

Somali chauvinist
The UAE came out a winner. They will get F35 fighters. MBS humiliated himself on the international stage.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Qatar funded Farmaajo's campaign. Qatar also bombed Bosaso. On the other hand, there is no evidence UAE is doing that other than the rumors started by the Farmaajo bots.

Ibrahim hassan

Esteemed Excellency
Qatar funded Farmaajo's campaign. Qatar also bombed Bosaso. On the other hand, there is no evidence UAE is doing that other than the rumors started by the Farmaajo bots.

YOU ignore facts and believe rumours from easily identifiable false sources.

MT Foxtrot

Anti-qabil

UAE was trying to dictate Somali foreign policy and believed it could intimidate the government into line when Farmaajo refused. No doubt spineless dogs like yourself would have acquiesced. Instead the FGS held firm, normalising relations with the Saudi Kingdom and side-lining the Emiratis.

As for your ridiculous claim that they were never involved in spreading terror, Somali counter-terrorism units seized an undeclared suitcase containing $10 million from a UAE plane. I wonder what this money would have been used for? Even Turkey released a statement which accused them of funding terror abroad - "...not a secret that the UAE supports terrorist organisations, especially Al Shabab..."

Imagine licking the backside of Emiratis like a good little Abeed. :hova::pacspit:

repo

VIP
UAE was trying to dictate Somali foreign policy and believed it could intimidate the government into line when Farmaajo refused. No doubt spineless dogs like yourself would have acquiesced. Instead the FGS held firm, normalising relations with the Saudi Kingdom and side-lining the Emiratis.

As for your ridiculous claim that they were never involved in spreading terror, Somali counter-terrorism units seized an undeclared suitcase containing $10 million from a UAE plane. I wonder what this money would have been used for? Even Turkey released a statement which accused them of funding terror abroad - "...not a secret that the UAE supports terrorist organisations, especially Al Shabab..."

Imagine licking the backside of Emiratis like a good little Abeed. :hova::pacspit:

1. The money was for the Puntland Maritime Police Force which UAE has been funding since 2010.
2. Turkey saying UAE funds terrorism is an accusation, not a fact.
3. “Our friends were behind the last bombings,” Mr. al-Muhanadi, the businessman, assured the [Qatari] ambassador." - The New York Times

MT Foxtrot

Anti-qabil
1. The money was for the Puntland Maritime Police Force which UAE has been funding since 2010.
2. Turkey saying UAE funds terrorism is an accusation, not a fact.
3. “Our friends were behind the last bombings,” Mr. al-Muhanadi, the businessman, assured the [Qatari] ambassador." - The New York Times

Your first claim is patently false. From the VOA article: "Al Hammadi told VOA Somali the money was not intended for the UAE embassy. “The money is for the ministry of defense. It’s for the salary of the Somali soldiers,” he told VOA." Which is it? Was the money going toward the PMPF or the MoD like Mr Hammadi claimed? Perhaps try engaging with the material provided instead of reading from your prompt sheet.

UAE is a well known supporter of terror, insurgent, and separatist groups including, but not limited to, al-Qaida, the Taliban and Hamas. Here is an article from CNN about how UAE supplied rebel groups in Syria with American weapons. And another about how they arm separatist rebels in Libya. Considering the preponderance of these claims, coming from many reputable news outlets, you should believe UAE is a state sponsor of terror.

I just read the New York Times article and it's pretty damning stuff. All the more reason to stop the political deadlock and abandon federalism. If a third-rate African country like Qatar and the UAE can wantonly violate our sovereignty, how can we hope to compete in an increasingly multi-polar world?

repo

VIP
Your first claim is patently false. From the VOA article: "Al Hammadi told VOA Somali the money was not intended for the UAE embassy. “The money is for the ministry of defense. It’s for the salary of the Somali soldiers,” he told VOA." Which is it? Was the money going toward the PMPF or the MoD like Mr Hammadi claimed? Perhaps try engaging with the material provided instead of reading from your prompt sheet.

UAE is a well known supporter of terror, insurgent, and separatist groups including, but not limited to, al-Qaida, the Taliban and Hamas. Here is an article from CNN about how UAE supplied rebel groups in Syria with American weapons. And another about how they arm separatist rebels in Libya. Considering the preponderance of these claims, coming from many reputable news outlets, you should believe UAE is a state sponsor of terror.

I just read the New York Times article and it's pretty damning stuff. All the more reason to stop the political deadlock and abandon federalism. If a third-rate African country like Qatar and the UAE can wantonly violate our sovereignty, how can we hope to compete in an increasingly multi-polar world?
1. "The United Arab Emirates said the $9.6 million was intended to cover the salaries of 2,407 Somali soldiers and to run three training centers." - VOA News
2. Qatar has been the biggest supplier of weapons in the Syrian war and has supplied to Al-Qaeda affiliates.
3. We aren't abandoning federalism because Qatar is bombing us.

We aren't bound to Qatar because they funded Farmaajo's campaign. His personal interests are not ours. UAE is our biggest trading partner and a second hub to Somali businessmen.

The narrative that they fund terror in Somalia is one Farmaajo and his bots created for political gain but it appears to have failed.

MT Foxtrot

Anti-qabil
  1. I wonder why the Emiratis changed their story from the earlier VOA article? It couldn't be that they're covering their asses, right?
  2. Okay. I have no problem with this fact because I don't carry water for foreign states.
  3. Of course we're not going to abandon federalism. Expecting the political elite of qabil states to make the right decision is like waiting for pigs to fly. I expect nothing more than endless political deadlock, stymied development, and continued subversion. Essentially, Mooryaanism: "if I can't get my way, I should destroy what exists."

Trending

Latest posts