Saudi Arabia needed a translator, they can't understand Morocco's French/Spanish/Arabic gibberish!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
The Spanish is okay because it is a mark of their 700 dominance over Spain but the French is just ceeb.
:snoop:
I wonder if Arabic varies more than Somali with Af Maxaa and Af Maay.

I’ve heard almost every Arab country has their own dialect, it’s hard for them to understand each other if they are not familiar with different dialects.
Arabic-dialect-groups.png

i don't understand my abgaal friends when they talk in their somali - it is a mixture of bantu words with some italian. why r folks surprised with morrocan vs saudi arabic...

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
i don't understand my abgaal friends when they talk in their somali - it is a mixture of bantu words with some italian. why r folks surprised with morrocan vs saudi arabic...
Stop lying Abgaal speak af maxaa tiri with an accent I can understand them just fine and I speak a central accent there’s a difference between accent and dialect that’s like an Englishman saying he can’t understand a guy from California :ulyin:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
I’ve heard almost every Arab country has their own dialect, it’s hard for them to understand each other if they are not familiar with different dialects.
Arabic-dialect-groups.png
They are all qaldans. The only correct way is the dialect of the Quran. Imagine speaking Arabic but not being able to understand the Quran because your ancestors decided on a qaldan dialect.
:faysalwtf:

VixR

Veritas
Practically all Arab countries have a their own form of Arabic. The closer they are in distance, the easier they understand each other. Categorically speaking, Egyptians have their own thing going, as do other North Africans (Algerian/Morocco/Tunis), and the Khaleej, and Levant.

Classical Quranic Arabic being spoken orally by today’s Arabs is akin to people nowadays speaking Shakespearean Ye Old English.

And yes, this means a lot of them don’t understand the Quran as easily as you would think, even though they’re taught Classical Arabic in school.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
Practically all Arab countries have a their own form of Arabic. The closer they are in distance, the easier they understand each other. Categorically speaking, Egyptians have their own thing going, as do other North Africans (Algerian/Morocco/Tunis), and the Khaleej, and Levant.

Classical Quranic Arabic being spoken orally by today’s Arabs is akin to people nowadays speaking Shakespearean Ye Old English.

And yes, this means a lot of them don’t understand the Quran as easily as you would think, even though they’re taught Classical Arabic in school.

In Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, there are many shitty dialects that are barely intelligible. The Standard version only rose to prominence after the formation of the German state in the late 1800s.

Major linguistic areas can only maintain intelligibility if a government forces a standard version through the education system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending