Saudi Arabia has suspended aid to Somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
a lot of politicians pockets will go empty if this becomes a reality so I'll give it a week before cheese starts kissing the hands that feed him. even if farmajo is as noble and patriotic as you guys make him out to be, the majority of the so called politicians are all out for themselves and will surely pressure him to pick the side offering the most money. that side is the Saudi side I presume.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Somalia should cut ties with Qatar and side with Saudi Arabia over this considering Qatar funds Al Shabab.

Either that or refuse to take sides.

Qatar is doomed anyway, it's only a matter of time until the regime collapses. Stupid decision by the government.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
It sets precedent, the Somali government won't be a subsidiary of KSA (or any other country) and will have its independent foreign policy.

I don't think we can afford to be independent. If Egypt and other countries who are far more powerful than us are cutting ties, who are we to turn down an aid package that's 80% our GDP?

I don't think we can afford to be independent. If Egypt and other countries who are far more powerful than us are cutting ties, who are we to turn down an aid package that's 80% our GDP?

The Saudi haven't paid for US war planes that they ordered 2 years ago, what makes you think they would make 4 billion aid package a priority?

Egybt is mad because of Qatar support for muslim brotherhood, different than Saudis who are mad about Iran support. All have interets.

waraabe

Your superior
its like the time Somalia kicked out those teachers because turkey said so...

the reason why Somalia hasn't kicked Qatar out is because Qatar paid for farmaajo's selection

there is literally no projects Qatar is carrying out in Somalia hence not worth giving up all that Saudi aid/investment

Egypt is different, they are in war with Qatar long time and took part in this crisis by hacking Qatar 's News.

I would cut ties with Saudi Arabia too who the heck do they think they are when they are demanding us to cut ties with another country

Last edited:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
The Saudi haven't paid for US war planes that they ordered 2 years ago, what makes you think they would make 4 billion aid package a priority?

Egybt is mad because of Qatar support for muslim brotherhood, different than Saudis who are mad about Iran support. All have interets.
Egypt is different, they are in war with Qatar long time and took part in this crisis by hacking Qatar 's News.

What on Earth do we gain from alienating the rest of the Arab world for Qatar's sake? We're gonna be looking funny when the current emir it's overthrown by his cousin and we're left empty handed.

black

live and let die.

Not that beggars can be choosers, but what kind of aid package is it? Are they going work on ridiculously over inflated and arbitrary projects that have been lobbied by Saudi companies? If the lines are indeed drawn I would much rather we get a functional military from the Turkey-Qatar axis than another record corruption statistic. The authoritarian dream might come back alive. On the other hand 4 billie is a lot, maybe even enough to make me believe in trickle-down economics.

Alternatively, if we do cut ties, we have more leeway to create incentive for other countries USA, although I'm skeptical anyone else would interested any time soon. Maybe the Iranians.

Somalia fucked up now our only ally is qatar and turkey

We survived without the Saudis. Somalis in diaspora sent billions of dollars back home to help their relatives. Saudis gave money and it was pocketed by corrupt elites. Nothing went to the average citizen.

There will be no economic effect felt by the average Somali back home. Turkey did tangible projects on the ground that benefit people. Thank God they are not Arabs.

Arabs only invite problems wherever they go. They can't get their shit together forever and destroyed their entire region along ethnic and religious lines. Now they are hell bent on starving a sister country as if the flames raging in Yemen, Iraq and Syria aren't enough.

There is nothing to gain from being associated with Arab countries. We use them for our benefit, and when it does not work, they can keep to themselves.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP

Forget about any aid, imagine if SA blocked our animal exports? Somalis seem to forget that SA is our largest market, we have no choice but to do as they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending