Saudi Arabia allows beach parties with women wearing bikinis as the Kingdom continues a liberalisation drive

World

VIP
So this only goes for tourists? Will the locals get stoned and flogged if they do this
“For Asma, spending a day on the beach with her boyfriend was unthinkable until recently in deeply conservative Saudi Arabia.

Now, the 32-year-old is dancing with her partner on white sands fringing the Red Sea, to music thumping from loudspeakers.”

GemState

36/21
VIP
Saudi Arabia trying to clean up it's image to the West, first the Newcastle acquisition than the gradual liberalization policies.

Good move. Imagine going to beach for enjoyment and you see
knight rider kitt GIF

bidenkulaha

GalYare
I really don’t understand why they are doing this. What do they hope to achieve from this?
It’s the quickest way to liberalisation.

Incremental change won’t work for Saudi imo. It’ll take decades to change the education system and the minds of the men.

By letting this happen, men who previously beat their wives and daughters if she showed her ankles will now be put in their place. Women will become liberated overnight.

Saudi Arabia trying to clean up it's image to the West, first the Newcastle acquisition than the gradual liberalization policies.
To rephrase, "adjust its image for the West". The image of the West is not clean itself.

These things fall in line with Saudi Arabias' ambitious economic diversification plans.

I don't believe it is just about foreign money..I think they want to keep their people from spending a lot of money abroad as Saudis like travelling to Bahrain and the UAE to have fun

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
I really hope this country fails. Imagine never having worked for anything in your life and being taken seriously because there’s oil underneath you.

I really hope this country fails. Imagine never having worked for anything in your life and being taken seriously because there’s oil underneath you.
That could have been us too :lawd:
If only Siad Barre was never the leader of Somalia! Somalia would be modern and well off!

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
That could have been us too :lawd:
If only Siad Barre was never the leader of Somalia! Somalia would be modern and well off!
If Siad was never the leader some other asshole would f*ck things up and suffer the same fate. We are a stupid people man.

If Siad was never the leader some other asshole would f*ck things up and suffer the same fate. We are a stupid people man.
No that is not true! Different leaders have different impacts on the country. We could have had a series of good leader building up the institutions of the country!

Trending