Sanaag Geology

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
I'm not doubting the potential of Somalis to organize and get shit done, but the conditions – since this is very much going into different dimensions. A big operation in that politically non-transparent environment, being at the mercy of the rulers, with no specific laws, as you mentioned, is a problem. It can work, though.

You have to ask how other countries are able to start private ownership of these types of resources in the past.

There had to be a transition from when the state and fiefdoms owned everything to private entities.

No state or incumbent interest group (local clans) would give up ownership easily even it it'll benefit them years in the future.

They'd rather choke on a seed today than plant it in hope of gaining a larger harvest tomorrow.

In most cases historically, the only way others passed the transition is because private capital ended up with more political power than those that were holding the resources hostage.

A large organized investment group could potentially have way more bribes and resources to throw around than the current clan leaders and elected officials today.

If incumbents can buy hundreds of hardcore supporters then a serious investment group would be able to hire thousands or even buy out their backbone supporters.

This is the only way they can gain power and draft their own laws that'll protect their property rights in a transparent open way.

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
"Somaliland has control over it."

Stop lying to the people. Its divided Somaliland controls the western side known as doolo mountains

The east side where warsangeli nomads live - are connected to Bosaso which is their main market for their produce

View attachment 134704

This guy lives there and he's appealing to the PL government to build roads for them.
That was in 2016 has his plan been approved.

and yes I know. I don't care about Maakhir. I only care about Ceerigaabo.

Don’t stressed your selves out about a place you have no control. Dadka dhulka leh way joogan, iyagana ka taliya. They will do whatever they want.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Why are the sanaag mountains flat and not steep or rough/jagged? In fact most nearby mountains are the same.

Unlike the European mountain ranges that look aesthetically pleasing and steep. Perhaps our mountain ranges are younger than most mountain ranges since the heigh of mountain and it's steepness was decided by millions of years of plates sliding over each other. The longer the two plates have been overlapping, the bigger the mountain will be.

Everest must be the oldest mountain to have formed on earth.

Why are the sanaag mountains flat and not steep or rough/jagged? In fact most nearby mountains are the same.

Unlike the European mountain ranges that look aesthetically pleasing and steep. Perhaps our mountain ranges are younger than most mountain ranges since the heigh of mountain and it's steepness was decided by millions of years of plates sliding over each other. The longer the two plates have been overlapping, the bigger the mountain will be.

Everest must be the oldest mountain to have formed on earth.
Good observation.

I think also it depends on the specific tectonic shift, like Everest doesn't need to be the oldest, just the plates in that region collide more aggressively or something.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Good observation.

I think also it depends on the specific tectonic shift, like Everest doesn't need to be the oldest, just the plates in that region collide more aggressively or something.
Tbh I prefer steep mountains, they just look more physically imposing and appeal to the human curiousity. Such a tall mountain would beckon to one to conquer it in a taunting manner.

"Somaliland has control over it."

Stop lying to the people. Its divided Somaliland controls the western side known as doolo mountains

The east side where warsangeli nomads live - are connected to Bosaso which is their main market for their produce

View attachment 134704

This guy lives there and he's appealing to the PL government to build roads for them.
North of midhsihso is our mtn border.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
True. But it's not all bad sxb

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
True but those mountains are not steep. The ones in pl are steep and hard to explore in some areas.

They all look nice don't get me wrong but I mean steepness.

Btw the locals need to reforest sheikh mounts desperately. No trees no rain.

Trending

Latest posts