Rwanda's national recovery after genocide

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
The government announced plans to change several national symbols, including the flag and national anthem, that were widely associated with extremist nationalism. A new constitution, aimed at preventing further ethnic strife in the country, was promulgated in 2003.

Later that year the first multiparty democratic elections in Rwanda since independence were held; Kagame, who had ascended to the presidency after Bizimungu resigned in 2000, was victorious in securing another term. In 2006 the Rwandan government implemented a significant administrative reorganization, replacing the previous 12 prefectures with 5 larger, multiethnic provinces intended to promote power sharing and reduce ethnic conflict. Also, several genocide memorials were created throughout the country.

Somalia should take inspiration on them but I feel like it's too soon for a united country. When I visited Hargeisa 5 years ago, the people had deep hatred towards the south, they immediately took me to this :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also there is too much qabilist even in the diaspora. We should grow separately and join when the tension is down, or never if it's not necessary as long as we keep civil between us.

Somalia should take inspiration on them but I feel like it's too soon for a united country. When I visited Hargeisa 5 years ago, the people had deep hatred towards the south, they immediately took me to this :

Also there is too much qabilist even in the diaspora. We should grow separately and join when the tension is down, or never if it's not necessary as long as we keep civil between us.
been 30 years
how much longer we need for things to cool down i wonder

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
The government announced plans to change several national symbols, including the flag and national anthem, that were widely associated with extremist nationalism. A new constitution, aimed at preventing further ethnic strife in the country, was promulgated in 2003.

Later that year the first multiparty democratic elections in Rwanda since independence were held; Kagame, who had ascended to the presidency after Bizimungu resigned in 2000, was victorious in securing another term. In 2006 the Rwandan government implemented a significant administrative reorganization, replacing the previous 12 prefectures with 5 larger, multiethnic provinces intended to promote power sharing and reduce ethnic conflict. Also, several genocide memorials were created throughout the country.

1607008147678.png

MT Foxtrot

Anti-qabil
been 30 years
how much longer we need for things to cool down i wonder

And this level of qabilism has only been constrained because we all share a country together. I wonder what will happen if each qabil secedes? There's already a low-intensity conflict between Puntland/Somaliland and Galmudug/Puntland; not to mention the intra-qabil conflict in Jubaland. Could you imagine the level of conflict sovereign clans will precipitate, especially with access to modern armaments? 1991 will look like a simple jaunt in comparison.

This is what Ethiopia needs
@xabashi

OffTheDome

Proud American

This is what Rwandans did that Somalis will never do;
  • 22 Hütüs publicly executed
  • 5000 Hütüs killed in detention awaiting trial.
  • 12,000 number of courts
  • 160,000 judges recruited.
  • 2.1 million number of genocide cases tried
Unfortunately, there will never be justice for those who were unjustly killed in Somalia

And this level of qabilism has only been constrained because we all share a country together. I wonder what will happen if each qabil secedes? There's already a low-intensity conflict between Puntland/Somaliland and Galmudug/Puntland; not to mention the intra-qabil conflict in Jubaland. Could you imagine the level of conflict sovereign clans will precipitate, especially with access to modern armaments? 1991 will look like a simple jaunt in comparison.
It will just create a bunch of hellholes who will have their own sub clan wars/rivalries, it would be full of poverty and instability, the situation wouldn't change. Qabiil just doesn't start at the main patriarch, it goes further into sub clans and sub sub clans which would get uglier.

It will just create a bunch of hellholes who will have their own sub clan wars/rivalries, it would be full of poverty and instability, the situation wouldn't change. Qabiil just doesn't start at the main patriarch, it goes further into sub clans and sub sub clans which would get uglier.

true most people identify with their sub clan smh it’s absurd to split a country up based on clans

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Rather than fighting AS and building the country the SNA has been stationed in Gedo fighting intra-clan wars for an entire term.

Somalia will never come back I was exceptionally naive to ever think otherwise.

Rather than fighting AS and building the country the SNA has been stationed in Gedo fighting intra-clan wars for an entire term.

Somalia will never come back I was exceptionally naive to ever think otherwise.
Have you ever noticed that ever since Farmajo took office there has been exposions in Kismaayo? Never used to happen before.

Trending

Latest posts