Russia vs Ukraine

Russia vs Ukraine

• Total voters

World

VIP
Doesn't make sense imo, Crimea was about access to the sea, about acquiring ports and stationing a fleet. Everyone knew what were the objectives, and Russia suffered a lot due to sanctions. I don't see the benefits to taking the entire country
The flatland where Ukraine resides has historically been the region where the most successful invasions of Russia took place. It’s prime strategic territory without any natural barriers, mountains, swamps etc. It’s important for Russia to control Ukraine militarily, and not let them drift into NATO’s sphere of influence.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
As long as the UK keep away from this mess. I'm going to love seeing the new GoPro war videos

Murder She Wrote Reaction GIF

GemState

36/21
VIP
The flatland where Ukraine resides has historically been the region where the most successful invasions of Russia took place. It’s prime strategic territory without any natural barriers, mountains, swamps etc. It’s important for Russia to control Ukraine militarily, and not let them drift into NATO’s sphere of influence.
I worded it poorly, I meant benefit against the cost. It's one thing to take a region that is already majority Russian and desires to join Russia, it's another thing to forcefully occupy a sovereign nation while struggling economically. The only thing I can think of that makes this worth it is if Putin is on a timer, as in he thinks clean energy is going to destroy his leverage with the EU in around 10 years, and he intends to build a defense perimeter, and only then can I get it

Nothing is going to happen. Putin already solved his Ukraine problem by building Nord Stream 2 with the Germans. Now he can just bypass the Banderist nazis and cut off all their transit fees, which Ukraine relies on because it's a poor shithole, and the Russians are essentially paying them to fight Russian troops in Donbass.

Once no more Russian rubles and flowing into Ukraine they will beg for daddy Russia to come back and pay their pensions. The Americans know this, which is why they are panicking and trying to start a war.

Experts seem to disagree, basically its between brinkmanship and military bravado. Probably nothing will happen because Russia has seen what tiny Afghanistan did to the US, its a quagmire they won't be able pull out for decades.

Experts seem to disagree, basically its between brinkmanship and military bravado. Probably nothing will happen because Russia has seen what tiny Afghanistan did to the US, its a quagmire they won't be able pull out for decades.
The experts are the same gullible rubes who believed RussiaGate was real and vouched for the piss tape

Nothing is going to happen. Putin already solved his Ukraine problem by building Nord Stream 2 with the Germans. Now he can just bypass the Banderist nazis and cut off all their transit fees, which Ukraine relies on because it's a poor shithole, and the Russians are essentially paying them to fight Russian troops in Donbass.

Once no more Russian rubles and flowing into Ukraine they will beg for daddy Russia to come back and pay their pensions. The Americans know this, which is why they are panicking and trying to start a war.
He just announced he's not looking to send soldiers to protect Ukraine.

What would the yanks risk nuclear Armageddon just to protect Ukraine? besides Ukraine doesnt stand a chance against Russia in a war and i doubt the Europeans would also defend ukraine. I can only see Russia winning military in this scenario if it comes down to a war, but unless it takes control of the west bank of ukraine too it stands to lose Ukraine as a satellite state forever which is more harmful in the long run.

World

VIP
Ukraine and Russians are the same people traditionally and they’ve always come under one rule, it’s nothing like Afghanistan. Plus Ukraine stands no chance against Russia and will be easily considerable, their territory consists of flatlands unlike Afghanistan which is mountainous which favours guerrilla warfare.

Ukraine and Russians are the same people traditionally and they’ve always come under one rule, it’s nothing like Afghanistan. Plus Ukraine stands no chance against Russia and will be easily considerable, their territory consists of flatlands unlike Afghanistan which is mountainous which favours guerrilla warfare.
They're related, but not the same. Ukrainians have their own identity and history, Kievan Rus was more of a proto east slavic state, wouldnt say any country is directly a successor.
However after the mongol invasion the russians came under tatar yoke whilst much of Ukraine (and Belarus) in the 14th century came under the Poles and Lithuanians (and afterwards parts fell to the Ottomans), and it lasted for more than 3 hundred years (which is longer than russian imperial control) and even after Russia took control of the region in the 17th century there were rebellions amongst the cossacks like Ivan Mazepa fighting alongside the swedes, and many ukrainians fighting alongside nazis during ww2.

He just announced he's not looking to send soldiers to protect Ukraine.

What would the yanks risk nuclear Armageddon just to protect Ukraine? besides Ukraine doesnt stand a chance against Russia in a war and i doubt the Europeans would also defend ukraine. I can only see Russia winning military in this scenario if it comes down to a war, but unless it takes control of the west bank of ukraine too it stands to lose Ukraine as a satellite state forever which is more harmful in the long run.
The assumption here is that Russia wants to invade Ukraine, why would they? Time is on their side here, the western backed nazis are losing popularity, the pro-Russia opposition is gaining strength. Putin doesn't have to do anything.

The assumption here is that Russia wants to invade Ukraine, why would they? Time is on their side here, the western backed nazis are losing popularity, the pro-Russia opposition is gaining strength. Putin doesn't have to do anything.
Agreed that an invasion is unlikely, but still if russia is counting on ukraine electoral base supporting it over the nationalist giv, then what is the point of moving nearly a 100,000 soldiers to the border then? before the maiden revolution he pro west and pro russia electorate was nearly split half, but since then the pro russian parties lost a lot of support mainly due to the russian invasion of crimea. And this threatening act is hardly going to endear Russia to the average Ukrainian voter but if anything it will have opposite result.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP

‘You Know, If I Were You, I’d Go After Finland,’ Says Biden Trying To Dissuade Putin From Invading Ukraine"​

-Biden to Putin

Agreed that an invasion is unlikely, but still if russia is counting on ukraine electoral base supporting it over the nationalist giv, then what is the point of moving nearly a 100,000 soldiers to the border then? before the maiden revolution he pro west and pro russia electorate was nearly split half, but since then the pro russian parties lost a lot of support mainly due to the russian invasion of crimea. And this threatening act is hardly going to endear Russia to the average Ukrainian voter but if anything it will have opposite result.
Because it drives his enemies insane, makes them do more unpopular things and create new enemies for themselves as they go on absurd witch hunts for Russian fifth column

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
Russia got really smart people, but it is a badly run economy. Often when I look who discovered this or that thing I stumble upon some Russian dude who came up with it.

It would be awesome if the Soviet Union excluding the EU lapsed countries (Estonia etc.) get back together, but what is more likely is Russia merging with Belarus and Ukraine only.

It now also makes more sense why that Belarusian dictator started allowing Middle Eastern refugees to enter Belarus to go to Europe. Perhaps it is part of a strategy to destabilize that area and it were orders from Putin.
Soviet union got back?

what a way to say im a communist

sweden started mobilization and made their defanse budget much higher then when it usually does

sole reason being that we are not in NATO, and russian are known to harass some countries like back 2018-2019 when russian navy entered Swedistans EEz

Heavily against Russia, invading another country with official troops and stripping a part of that country into yours, in front of the whole world and UN law is trigger warning to any country next to Russia. Let alone supporting rebels and joining your troops between them.

Estonians are the rest of east Europe hates Russia from 1940 for what they did, glad that these small Baltic nations joined nato to avoid 1940s scenario. Before the conflict with Russia, Ukraine did not had any issue with Russia, and joining nato wasn't a major topic or accepted. But them seeing their neighbour acting as if it owns ukrine and not allowing to transition to democracy unveiled the truth. Ukrine is now is the only country without protection from Russia wrath.
It was US regime change in Ukraine to remove the neutral leader and replace them with an anti-Russia pro-nato leader that caused it not like how you described

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP

‘You Know, If I Were You, I’d Go After Finland,’ Says Biden Trying To Dissuade Putin From Invading Ukraine"​

-Biden to Putin

Sxb, its the onion, a satire site :mjlol:

But it wouldn't be a surprise if he said that :lolbron:

Trending