Russia-Ukraine War

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Why’s @Periplus hiding from this thread now? So much for sanctions, Russian rubble will probably stronger than even before the war now.

I ain’t hiding, in fact I’m more confident in my predictions.

By staying away, I’m giving you guys an echo chamber and the necessary rope to hang yourselves with when I’m inevitably right.

:russ:

By staying away, I’m giving you guys an echo chamber and the necessary rope to hang yourselves with when I’m inevitably right.

Better start learning Cantonese saxiib :ufdup:
you know after Taiwan, Australia is next to be annexed by China :ufdup:

Yeah, I don't know how long Russia can maintain propping up its currency.
:cosbyhmm:

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Yeah, I don't know how long Russia can maintain propping up its currency.
:cosbyhmm:

They only have $120 billion in gold and their main go to country for gold is Venezuela.

If the US befriend them again then it’s game over for Putin. He will have nothing backing his currency.

They only have $120 billion in gold and their main go to country for gold is Venezuela.

If the US befriend them again then it’s game over for Putin. He will have nothing backing his currency.

I thought that up until recently it was Russia that was giving Venezuela the lifeline for its gold reserves.

40% of Europe's gas comes from Russia and it will take Germany at least 3 years to completely secure substitutions, so I don't know how they'll be able to resist using Rubles for Russian gas in the mean time...

..Russia can't use dollars or Euros, so it would effectively be giving Europe gas for free if it accepts the current arrangement. Europe can't do without Russian gas in the short-term, meaning that a compromise of some sort will have to be reached.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
I thought that up until recently it was Russia that was giving Venezuela the lifeline for its gold reserves.

40% of Europe's gas comes from Russia and it will take Germany at least 3 years to completely secure substitutions, so I don't know how they'll be able to resist using Rubles for Russian gas in the mean time...

..Russia can't use dollars or Euros, so it would effectively be giving Europe gas for free if it accepts the current arrangement. Europe can't do without Russian gas in the short-term, meaning that a compromise of some sort will have to be reached.

It depends on if Germany takes Gazprom to court as their legal agreement is quite clear on the payment methods.

Furthermore, Putin has not really outlined a plan for how Germany et al. should be paying for their gas and when the transition is supposed to occur etc.

So as for now, there is foreseeable possibility for rouble payments for gas unless Germany and it’s European allies agree to do so.

Trending

Latest posts