Russia on the Mogadishu bombing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comment by the Information and Press department in connection with the massive terrorist attack in the Somali capital of Mogadishu

According to incoming reports, on October 14 militants of the al-Shabab radical extremist group detonated a truck packed with explosives on a lively street in Somalia's capital of Mogadishu.

The attack has become the deadliest in Somalia's history, with at least 276 people killed and 300 injured. Safari Hotel and the adjoining buildings were completely destroyed.

Moscow strongly condemns this barbaric crime that resulted in civilian deaths. It is obvious that this latest bloody foray is aimed at undermining the Somali settlement process.

As a UN Security Council permanent member, Russia will further support the efforts by the Federal Government of Somalia to restore the nationhood and achieve national reconciliation.

We express our heartfelt condolences to the families and friends of those killed and wish a speedy recovery to the injured.

http://www.mid.ru/en/foreign_policy/news/-/asset_publisher/cKNonkJE02Bw/content/id/2904153

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
No surprise, Putin models himself after adeer Siad Barre:siilaanyosmile:

In anycase can they provide some intelligence tech with the government so we can develop our own CIA/KGB:gaasdrink:

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Putin should go into Somalia and clean AS up, like he cleaned ISIS up in Syria. He would have his motives but I prefer that to Arab countries' motives.

Putin should go into Somalia and clean AS up, like he cleaned ISIS up in Syria. He would have his motives but I prefer that to Arab countries' motives.

I've been saying this for a long time. Turkey is a good ally of ours, but they're not powerful and determined enough to do what's needed to be done in Somalia, like Russia is doing in Syria. Somalia needs a super power to back it in order to get the security situation under control. The choices are either Russia, U.S and China. It's a no-brainier to me that Russia is by far the best option. Hand over security and military operations to Russia, including the training and arming of the Somali Defence Force, and give them bases and lucrative oil/ports/business contracts in exchange.

They could flush out the Ethiopian and Khaliiji created and funded group al-shabaab within a few weeks and have Amisom and Ethiopian troops out of the country within the same time-frame. They, along with China, could also help us with health, education and infrastructure. Honestly, if a superpower like Russia doesn't take us under their wing we don't have much hope, and will continue to be at the mercy of the evil plotting of our enemies Ethiopia, Kenya and the Khaliij states who all have the backing of the Anglo-Zionist nexus.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
I've been saying this for a long time. Turkey is a good ally of ours, but they're not powerful and determined enough to do what's needed to be done in Somalia, like Russia is doing in Syria. Somalia needs a super power to back it in order to get the security situation under control. The choices are either Russia, U.S and China. It's a no-brainier to me that Russia is by far the best option. Hand over security and military operations to Russia, including the training and arming of the Somali Defence Force, and give them bases and lucrative oil/ports/business contracts in exchange.

They could flush out the Ethiopian and Khaliiji created and funded group al-shabaab within a few weeks and have Amisom and Ethiopian troops out of the country within the same time-frame. They, along with China, could also help us with health, education and infrastructure. Honestly, if a superpower like Russia doesn't take us under their wing we don't have much hope, and will continue to be at the mercy of the evil plotting of our enemies Ethiopia, Kenya and the Khaliij states who all have the backing of the Anglo-Zionist nexus.
I wonder what happens if Farmaajo makes overt attempts to involve Russia. Do his Arab and AMISOM handlers do away with him? What if he does it secretly? What if he makes a deal with Russia to take out AMISOM and the Arabs? The danger is allowing Iran, which is an ally of Russia, to spread their nonsense in Somalia.

I wonder what happens if Farmaajo makes overt attempts to involve Russia. Do his Arab and AMISOM handlers do away with him? What if he does it secretly? What if he makes a deal with Russia to take out AMISOM and the Arabs? The danger is allowing Iran, which is an ally of Russia, to spread their nonsense in Somalia.

What nonsense can Iran spread in Somalia that is any worse than the Wahhabi curse imported from the deserts of Arabia?

As for Farmaajo, I don't think he's shrewd enough to do what needs to be done when it comes to building a serious relationship with Russia. Russia went into Crimea, Georgia and Syria, and the world just watched and could do nothing. They truly are a super power and thus could do the same in Somalia. If I was a billionaire I would request a meeting with Putin and do this myself. If only I got on the bitcoin train back in 2011.

What nonsense can Iran spread in Somalia that is any worse than the Wahhabi curse imported from the deserts of Arabia?

As for Farmaajo, I don't think he's shrewd enough to do what needs to be done when it comes to building a serious relationship with Russia. Russia went into Crimea, Georgia and Syria, and the world just watched and could do nothing. They truly are a super power and thus could do the same in Somalia. If I was a billionaire I would request a meeting with Putin and do this myself. If only I got on the bitcoin train back in 2011.
Russia was gonna recognize SL and help them build up the region in exchange for berbera but Siilanyo said :nahgirl: "ana arabia UAE are my banu Hashim brothers, they will make us rich and independent" :russ:

Why can't these niggas happily accept their status as a satellite state? We have so much to benefit in the short term and long term.

Why can't these niggas happily accept their status as a satellite state? We have so much to benefit in the short term and long term.

Absolutley. This was Grozny the capital of Chechnya during their wars with Russia
upload_2017-10-17_1-41-42.jpeg

destruction-of-grozny-picture-id541801862

This is Grozny now, after they made peace with the Kremlin and got billions of dollars per year and complete autonomy for their internal affairs in return.
grozny-city-russia-from-above-night-view-1.jpg

rebuilt-grozny-city-russia-view-1.jpg

Entering Somalia would entangle Russia in a quagmire and Putin is too prudent to commit such a strategic mistake.

First, unlike Syria, Somalia does not have a functioning state. Bashar Al Assad presides over a state with functioning institutions, decades of governance experience, and a reasonably large base of support (including among many urban Sunnis). It was easy for Russia and Iran to come in and bolster this existing government and help Bashar obliterate his enemies. Bashar already had a ruthless and cunning army and secret police, he just needed extra resources which Russia could provide. Somalia, as I said, does not have that. The so-called federal government is a polite fiction. It consists of little more than a few Empty, bombed out “ministries” staffed by nincompoop in ill-fitting polyester suits—most of whom being uninterested in anything more than lining their pockets before they get replaced. Somalia does not have an army, it’s so-called government barely controls Mogadishu, and public support for the government is limited and tenuous at best. Russia, if it inserted itself into Somalia, would have to bare the cost of creating an entire government from scratch—something Russia does not have the resources or experience to accomplish.

Second, you present Al Shabaab as a simple military problem that can be stomped out summarily by a strong power but this is incorrect. Al Shabaab reflects deep-rooted social and political problems in Somalia. Some of it supporters are deeply committed to jihad, sharia law, and transitional militant political Islam and these people are willing to die for their ideology and have many sympathizers among the Somali population. But it also draws other supporters by taking advantage of all the various intractable political and resource disputes in South Somalia. As long as you have Bantus, Rahanwayns, Biyomals, etc who feel marginalized and disrespected in Somalia Al Shabaab will have a bottomless well of recruits and there’s no indication that Somalis are willing to address these social problems. And it’s unlikely that Russia will solve these problems for us either.

Entering Somalia would entangle Russia in a quagmire and Putin is too prudent to commit such a strategic mistake.

First, unlike Syria, Somalia does not have a functioning state. Bashar Al Assad presides over a state with functioning institutions, decades of governance experience, and a reasonably large base of support (including among many urban Sunnis). It was easy for Russia and Iran to come in and bolster this existing government and help Bashar obliterate his enemies. Bashar already had a ruthless and cunning army and secret police, he just needed extra resources which Russia could provide. Somalia, as I said, does not have that. The so-called federal government is a polite fiction. It consists of little more than a few Empty, bombed out “ministries” staffed by nincompoop in ill-fitting polyester suits—most of whom being uninterested in anything more than lining their pockets before they get replaced. Somalia does not have an army, it’s so-called government barely controls Mogadishu, and public support for the government is limited and tenuous at best. Russia, if it inserted itself into Somalia, would have to bare the cost of creating an entire government from scratch—something Russia does not have the resources or experience to accomplish.

Second, you present Al Shabaab as a simple military problem that can be stomped out summarily by a strong power but this is incorrect. Al Shabaab reflects deep-rooted social and political problems in Somalia. Some of it supporters are deeply committed to jihad, sharia law, and transitional militant political Islam and these people are willing to die for their ideology and have many sympathizers among the Somali population. But it also draws other supporters by taking advantage of all the various intractable political and resource disputes in South Somalia. As long as you have Bantus, Rahanwayns, Biyomals, etc who feel marginalized and disrespected in Somalia Al Shabaab will have a bottomless well of recruits and there’s no indication that Somalis are willing to address these social problems. And it’s unlikely that Russia will solve these problems for us either.

Good analysis as to why Russia cannot take on such a role. As for al-shabaab it seems u believe they are a local Somali group fighting for their version of sharia, while I believe they are created and funded by foreign governments and intelligence agencies. For sure Ethiopia is one of them and I believe the Emirates is as well. But u r right about one thing, some of their foot soldiers are drawn from disaffected clans and ethnic groups who have an axe to grind with the more powerful qabiils.

What nonsense could iran spread??

this nonsense waryaa.

thumbRNS-SUNNI-SHIITE021815a.jpg

dehli.png

shiaashura.jpg

What nonsense could iran spread??

this nonsense waryaa.

thumbRNS-SUNNI-SHIITE021815a.jpg

dehli.png

shiaashura.jpg

I never understood the fear-mongering some Somalis use against allying with Iran. For Gods sake we've been colonized by numerous European powers and no segment of the Somali population took on their religion. How would good relations with Iran result in mass conversion to Shi'ism?

These carabs are not gonna help us, lets be clear on that at least. They never have they never will. They even failed to do something about Palestine and Syria. We the Somali people all of them need to sit on the same side. minority groups also need to get a voice and not be disrespected. There is no future for somalia if it continues this way. People will not see a functioning islamic or a functioning liberal government. Just poverty joblessness and violence. In which the weak will be the least protected.

I never understood the fear-mongering some Somalis use against allying with Iran. For Gods sake we've been colonized by numerous European powers and no segment of the Somali population took on their religion. How would good relations with Iran result in mass conversion to Shi'ism?

Because its closer to home. Accepting Jesus as a lord and savior is down right shirk, and most will recognize it as such. But most Somalis won't have a problem accepting subtle shia innovations in the religion without knowing it.

Because its closer to home. Accepting Jesus as a lord and savior is down right shirk, and most will recognize it as such. But most Somalis won't have a problem accepting subtle shia innovations in the religion without knowing it.

What I don't understand is how relations with Iran would automatically come with religious implications. Who says they're going to want to spread shi'ism to us and who says we'd allow such a thing? I don't blame u for thinking this way, because it's a line of reasoning that's been pushed by the Somali Wahhabi wadaads for many years now. But just like with these terrorist attacks in Somalia and around the world, it's important that we ask ourselves 'who benefits from this?'. These wahhabi wadaads are controlled from Saudi arabia who are in turn controlled from Tel Aviv, so no wonder these wadaads tell us Iran is no good.

What I don't understand is how relations with Iran would automatically come with religious implications. Who says they're going to want to spread shi'ism to us and who says we'd allow such a thing? I don't blame u for thinking this way, because it's a line of reasoning that's been pushed by the Somali Wahhabi wadaads for many years now. But just like with these terrorist attacks in Somalia and around the world, it's important that we ask ourselves 'who benefits from this?'. These wahhabi wadaads are controlled from Saudi arabia who are in turn controlled from Tel Aviv, so no wonder these wadaads tell us Iran is no good.

They have drank the Arab koolaid. You should inform them of the atrocities our Saudi 'brothers' have been committing in Yemen. Or how they purposely hurt our lifeline (our cattle industry) during hour of need.

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
The Russians would provide us with great help. They will automatically weed out the incompetency and corruption of the SNA. Al Shabaab would be utterly destroyed.

However, is Farmaajo shrewd enough to even call upon the Russians? The federal leaders, Gulf states, Ethiopia, Kenya have pushed him against the wall. His government has little support beyond Mogadishu. I have a feeling if any of those entities would even catch a whiff of this, they will do everything in their power to stop it. They will impeach him before the Russians even land in Somalia.

If Farmaajo is going to do this, he should play the long Machiavellian chess game, covertly entrench them in Somalia then release them at the most unexpected time. Federal states cannot say anything when Russians have boots on the ground, besides moaning. The Gulf states what are they going to do? Pump more money and resources into Al Shabaab? More money isn't going to help when the recipients are getting slaughtered.

So far he has made blunders, defeating Al Shabaab could save his presidency.

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
What passport besides the Somali one does Farmaajo hold? That should give you guys the answer to what he can and cannot do:dabcasar:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts