Rooftop Somalis patrolling and guarding their communities against these looters

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's undeniable that some Somali Americans were involved in the riots that occurred. However, this is no different from how some Americans of Greeks, Chinese, Arab, etc., decent were involved as well. These similarities don't justify what happened, though. These individuals represent a tiny portion of Somali Americans. In fact, most Somalis were doing their best to protect their communities when the riots first broke out. Nonetheless, these recent attacks against Somalis have expedited efforts and the spread of community awareness.

Unsurprisingly, many of our forum members here have been spreading the ridiculous claim that Somali Americans were mostly looters and rioters. Similarly, non-Somalis have begun to spread the claim that Somali Americans were instigators of the riots without a shred of evidence. Here's an example bellow:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not only are you users no better than these people, but you're actively contributing to Somaliphobia! You guys must understand that there are many non-Somalis that visit Somalispot. I've pinged some of the many users that contributed to this fault to showcase them the reality of the situation:

When I get a chance to I'll highlight many of the good users that countered these misconceptions!

Last edited:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
It's undeniable that some Somali Americans were involved in the riots that occurred. However, this is no different from how some Americans of Greeks, Chinese, Arab, etc., decent were involved as well. These similarities don't justify what happened, though. These individuals represent a tiny portion of Somali Americans. In fact, most Somalis were doing their best to protect their communities when the riots first broke out. Nonetheless, these recent attacks against Somalis have expedited efforts and the spread of community awareness.

Unsurprisingly, many of our forum members here have been spreading the ridiculous claim that Somali Americans were mostly looters and rioters. Similarly, non-Somalis have begun to spread the claim that Somali Americans were instigators of the riots without a shred of evidence. Here's an example bellow:
Not only are you users no better than these people, but you're actively contributing to Somaliphobia! You guys must understand that there are many non-Somalis that visit Somalispot. I've pinged some of the many users that contributed to this fault to showcase them the reality of the situation:

When I get a chance to I'll highlight many of the good users that countered these misconceptions!
I am deliberately contributing to Somaliphobia because I want all American Somalis to be deported. I've had enough of them.

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
"Minneapolis has the largest Somali community in the United States. Abdi said his businesses remained intact thanks to a group of two dozen friends and customers who also stood watch all night and shooed off groups off vandals."

The news article link:
Yes!!! f*ck these commie hoes!!!! They burned down my boyfriend’s family pawn shop. f*ck them !!!!

Gambar

VIP

Quote me. Find a quote where I said that. It’s a fact that there were Somalis stealing huruud from a Somali business and that same individual said they’d come back for the safe and it was on tape.

Quote me. Find a quote where I said that. It’s a fact that there were Somalis stealing huruud from a Somali business and that same individual said they’d come back for the safe and it was on tape.
There seems to be a miscommunication. I neither denied that some Somalis were involved nor accused you of anything explicit. Nonetheless, comments like these do not help, sow division in Somalis, and pedal misconceptions:

a precinct was burned down too make way for a new one

let the rioters loot, and claim insurance.. its not like your business was booming pre riots
:lolbron:

For those interested, I have attached the GoFundMe page for Healing Path Wellness Services. This the Somali-owned health clinic that was attacked recently:
Unsurprisingly, it was also started by another Somali looking out for their community. Please share this GoFundMe with those you know.

Gambar

VIP
There seems to be a miscommunication. I neither denied that some Somalis were involved nor accused you of anything explicit. Nonetheless, comments like these do not help, sow division in Somalis, and pedal misconceptions:

It’s the truth. Somalis looted Somali businesses, one of them was even speaking Somali. You can try and deny it to make it go away but that’s not how the world works. Somalis are xasid.

It’s the truth. Somalis looted Somali businesses, one of them was even speaking Somali. You can try and deny it to make it go away but that’s not how the world works. Somalis are xasid.
Did you read what I wrote? I am referring three out of four sentences in your reply. Nevertheless, hopefully you and everyone else can remain civil.

Here’s another example of Somali Americans working side by side other Minnesotans in the cleanup process. These Somalis were interviewed by Universal TV, a Somali broadcasting company, as well:

Last edited:
Somali community leaders have also warned people to stay home:

"They came from all walks of life and many beliefs.
They were reverends and rabbis and people of the Islamic faith. They spoke in Somali, Spanish and English. And they pleaded, at times through tears, for their hurting communities to stay home Saturday night to prevent more pain".

Here's the link to the news article:

It makes no sense for us not to protect our community, our assets,” said Lul Osman, who heads a Somali women’s association."

Here's the link to the news article:

Although the Jigjiga Business Center LLC. was also vandalized, the owner said that he will also distribute the donations to other Somali business! Here's the link to the GoFundMe:

This particular event has also been highlighted in the news. Here’s the article in question:

I highly recommend checking out this data analysis done by Marc Owen Jones. Mr. Jones is an Assistant Professor at Hamad Bin Khalifa University in Qatar.

Somali American youths have also helped set up checkpoints in their neighborhoods. Some of the older residents are said to be legally armed and are ready to engage in combat if necessary. Inshallah the latter will not be required. A few of these individuals have been interviewed by the news:

"Among the West Bank block watchers, a large contingent of Somali youth created their own checkpoints on 4th Street and 6th Street along Cedar Avenue."

Here's the link to the interview:

Good on them. Meanwhile these self-hating Muslims are too busy protesting with AAs who don't give a damn about them
People should definitely care about police brutality. Regardless of ones racial and religious identity, this is an issue that affects all minorities in that country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending