Roman graffiti thread

Maximus

Lord Maximus
upload_2020-2-7_22-46-46.jpeg

upload_2020-2-7_22-51-35.jpeg

‘Alexmenos Worships his lord’
A drawing mocking a christian worshipping Jesus on a cross, with the head of a donkey

upload_2020-2-7_22-53-52.jpeg

A graffiti drawing that mocks a Roman senator

Here are some graffiti scribblings; found in Pompeii

Tavern of Verecundus: Restitutus says: "Restituta, take off your tunic, please, and show us your hairy privates".

Bar/Brothel of Innulus and Papilio: Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men's behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!

House of the Citharist, below a drawing of a man with a large nose: Amplicatus, I know that Icarus is buggering you. Salvius wrote this.

House of Cuspius Pansa: The finances officer of the emperor Nero says this food is poison (a 2000 year old restaurant critic!)

Bar: We two dear men, friends forever, were here. If you want to know our names, they are Gaius and Aulus.

House and Office of Volusius Luvencus: Secundus says hello to his Prima, wherever she is. I ask, my mistress, that you love me.

Bar of Athictus: I screwed the barmaid (that's just boasting)

Pottery Shop or Bar of Nicanor: Lesbianus, you defecate and you write, 'Hello, everyone!' (the Romans really were obsessed with scatology)

Gladiator barracks: Floronius, privileged soldier of the 7th legion, was here. The women did not know of his presence. Only six women came to know, too few for such a stallion.

Gladiator barracks: Antiochus hung out here with his girlfriend Cithera.

House of Pascius Hermes: Watch it, you that shits in this place! May you have Jove's anger if you ignore this. (wow, more defecating!)

Street wall: Theophilus, don't perform oral sex on girls against the city wall like a dog (reasonable advice methinks)

Exterior of a small house: Gaius Sabinus says a fond hello to Statius. Traveler, you eat bread in Pompeii but you go to Nuceria to drink. At Nuceria, the drinking is better (second ever restaurant critic?)

House of Cosmus and Epidia: Aufidius was here. Goodbye (classic but boring)

Just outside the Vesuvius gate: Shitter, may everything turn out okay so that you can leave this place (shitting again! What is it with these guys? Although as I get older, I do appreciate this advice)

Barracks of the Julian-Claudian gladiators: Celadus the Thracian makes the girls moan! (there's no praise like self praise)

On the Street of Mercury: Publius Comicius Restitutus stood right here with his brother (and did you take a shit?)

:bell::bell::bell::gucciwhat:

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-7_22-49-21.jpeg
    upload_2020-2-7_22-49-21.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 68