Rights violations of the internally displaced in Puntland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puntland has done a horrible job keeping IDPs and vulnerable people safe. The track record there for sexual violence and abuses in IDPs have stained its reputation as a "peaceful region", as independent, and human rights experts have frequently criticized and nothing has been done to improve the conditions of IDPs. I'm starting wonder if rape is really apart of the Puntland culture. It's very common for males in Puntland to brag and boast about the many women and children they have raped, and nothing is done to known perpetrators. People of Puntland on SSpot what do guys think of this? and what are some things we can do to improve and change this culture of rape? What can we do to solve his problem???

Here is the link on a report https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/eoir/legacy/2013/11/08/No_Redress.pdf
If you are too lazy to read the report here are some testimonies from some of the victims, its pretty disturbing and viewers discretion is advised

I thought I had come to a safe place here in Bossaso, but I was raped again in 2007. I was collecting garbage when one man called me and asked me to wash his clothes for payment. I accepted, but as I entered the house I realized it was a trap. Two other men were in the house and they all they raped me. One of them is now the father of my two-year-old daughter. Twenty-nine-year-old Bantu woman, Bossaso

You have to keep quiet and not report the rape because they can always come back and do it again. Benadiri woman, Puntland

There is not a single woman here safe from rape. At night, armed gunmen come to the IDP camp and forcibly drive women and girls out of their shelters and rape them outside the camp. Rape cases occur twice a week. Minority woman in Ajuran IDP camp, Puntland

I am originally from southern Somalia, from Lower Shabelle. My family used to be farmers, we had our lives but now we are refugees. I arrived in Bossaso in the early 1990s. I live in Camp Ajuran. Besides poverty, our main problem is security, women are constantly raped. I myself have been raped twice, in 2002 and in 2005. Both times I was assaulted when I had gone some distance away from the camp for toilet needs. This is when perpetrators often assault their victim, because they were most vulnerable. Forty-two-year-old Bantu woman, Bossaso

@Farm bro i'm not mx...and this is a serious issue imagine god forbid someone tries to rape a female member of your family. Instead of being in denial and sweeping problems under a rug, what can we do to solve this. I think an example should be made of the next perpetrator...Puntland police/military should be held accountable for the crime and sexual abuses there committing on vulnerable women and minors.

Farm

VIP
@Farm bro i'm not mx...and this is a serious issue imagine god forbid someone tries to rape a female member of your family. Instead of being in denial and sweeping problems under a rug, what can we do to solve this. I think an example should be made of the next perpetrator...Puntland police/military should be held accountable for the crime and abuses there committing on vulnerable women and minors.

IDPs raping each other is definitely a problem, the solution is shutting them down and sending them back home. This thread can’t be real, maybe look up what happens in IDP camps...

Plus I’m positive you are a multinicking. Go troll somewhere else rape isn’t a joke you clown.

They all need to be executed. False claiming with no witnesses . Jokes aside lakiin i doubt faradheer would rape a bantu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending