Reuters: Anger in Somalia as sons sent to serve in Eritrea military force

MT Foxtrot

Anti-qabil
Doesn't matter how many publications these claims are laundered through, there is still no evidence that members of the SNA are fighting in Ethiopia or Eritrea.

The fact the opposition resorts to these lurid stories speaks volumes about the contempt they hold the wider Somali public. I mean really? Ethiopia is going to babysit 3000 SNA soldiers when they could just as easily hire seasoned foreign mercenaries like FARC, or, better yet, enlist any of the millions of Oromo males available for military service. No of course not, they would rather import a couple of thousand super-Farahs to win the war.

:camby:

Not to mention, there are two main parties to this conflict, Ethiopia and TPLF, and both would benefit from disclosing Somalia's involvement. All it would take is a single photograph or footage showing a SNA/Somali soldier in uniform to be released. Since neither have done so, and all the opposition have produced is the testimony of some random habaryaros, this story is likely bunk.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Doesn't matter how many publications these claims are laundered through, there is still no evidence that members of the SNA are fighting in Ethiopia or Eritrea.

The fact the opposition resorts to these lurid stories speaks volumes about the contempt they hold the wider Somali public. I mean really? Ethiopia is going to babysit 3000 SNA soldiers when they could just as easily hire seasoned foreign mercenaries like FARC, or, better yet, enlist any of the millions of Oromo males available for military service. No of course not, they would rather import a couple of thousand super-Farahs to win the war.

Not to mention, there are two main parties to this conflict, Ethiopia and TPLF, and both would benefit from disclosing Somalia's involvement. All it would take is a single photograph or footage showing a SNA/Somali soldier in uniform to be released. Since neither have done so, and all the opposition have produced is the testimony of some random habaryaros, this story is likely bunk.
This admin is not β€œthe wider somali public”. There was no problem and no need of evidence when the claim was Jubbaland being β€œtreasonous” rather it was simply β€œobvious”.

The unfortunate reality is Farmajos admin has established an Ethiophile culture in Xamar and no amount of denying news sources credibility will change that.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
This admin is not β€œthe wider somali public”. There was no problem and no need of evidence when the claim was Jubbaland being β€œtreasonous” rather it was simply β€œobvious”.

The unfortunate reality is Farmajos admin has established an Ethiophile culture in Xamar and no amount of denying news sources credibility will change that.
It says more that someone is willing to call Reuters and AP places that peddle fake news

MT Foxtrot

Anti-qabil

• This admin is not β€œthe wider somali public”.
I never said they were the same. My point was that the opposition must think the public are morons if they keep regurgitating the same lies and hoping they believe them. It has almost been a week since this "story" broke and not a single piece of evidence has been produced. I wonder why that is?
  • There was no problem and no need of evidence when the claim was Jubbaland being β€œtreasonous” rather it was simply β€œobvious”.
Literally a non-sequitur. If you want to discuss Jubbaland make your own thread. Don't try to pivot this discussion now.
  • Farmajos admin has established an Ethiophile culture in Xamar and no amount of denying questioning news sources credibility will change that.
what.gif

This discussion is about the bogus claim that members of the SNA are fighting in Eritrea. The FGS having closer relations with Ethiopia does not mean there is a "Ethiophile culture" in Mogadishu.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP

I agree with ur assessment, since I have been on sspot which is pretty much the entire term of the dowlad, there have been numerous accusations and each time with no evidence. This actually helps the dowlad more as it gives them more credibility. In the event that one accusations is true, it will be incredibly hard to hold them responsible. We have to be moderate in our opposition by way of healthy criticism and skepticism:)

It says more that someone is willing to call Reuters and AP places that peddle fake news
AP reported this story this week

Which has been shown to be fake and they still haven't retracted or apologised.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
The irony of an administration embroiled in traitorous scandals with Ethiopia turning around and building itself entirely on mccarthyism over foreign interests and then their fanatics going on rants about people making unproven accusations (on Reuters) is so unfounded to them that they think its a derailment when highlighted.
I agree with ur assessment, since I have been on sspot which is pretty much the entire term of the dowlad, there have been numerous accusations and each time with no evidence. This actually helps the dowlad more as it gives them more credibility. In the event that one accusations is true, it will be incredibly hard to hold them responsible. We have to be moderate in our opposition by way of healthy criticism and skepticism:)
Jiron was it not the case that you also denied the Baydhabo massacre ever happened was Qalbi Dhagax, Ethiopians in Kismayo, the firing on mucaarads homes also unproven accusations?

If its not clan Jiron tell me what else would drive a Somali man to so vigorously defend a regime openly election rigging by appropraiting an entire gobol(Gedo). Dont bother saying some nonsense about Somalinimo or else you would similiarly defend lies/fake news about Mucaarad or fms when its making the rounds.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
It only takes one anti Farmajo solider, to get his phone out, and post on Facebook "I have been sent to Eritrea to fight in the TPLF war", just 1, and Farmajo will not get his reelection bid. Just 1. But no, the kids have contacted home, talking to their parents, and all parties involved denied it that this is true.

But, if Reuters are saying I cannot confirm. Then who should the public believe?

1611944397960.png

The hilarious thing is that the opposition is delegitimatising themselves. If these guys were telling the truth they would ask ex-pm kheyre and ex-ministers to expose it all they should have been privy to it.

Trending

Latest posts