Return to nation building, Somalia will rise from the shame of the opposition.

The opposition should learn from undermining their government. They should rise from shameful practices that brought about the difficult situations like clan based rebel groups, piracy and islamist fundamentalists.

Somalia will get passed the dowladiid tendencies of the criminals.

large.jpeg

Somalia was never great . We need to implement a democratic state with loose laws on business and high anti corruption laws.

Somalia was never great . We need to implement a democratic state with loose laws on business and high anti corruption laws.

Somalia never being great is your opinion. I believe Somalia was a great place prior to the government collapse in 91' and the countries devolvement into fighting between clan based factions.

Somalia needs a restructuring in all sectors. The first set of Anti-Corruption laws have been put in place recently by this government and I believe they will only continue to get stronger on that front. This current administration exemplifies cohesion and cooperation between the top echelons of government. Something previous administrations were unable to do at all.

With the amount of funds the country will have available after the debt relief process is concluded, there will be a significant increase in the capabilities of the state. Beginning initiatives for the populace to become literate and self sufficient will be a top priority. However consolidation between the different states is important for the development of the security sector. Our military institution has been made more efficient with the implementation of biometric technology. Allowing for no middle man in them receiving payment. More soldier trainings and cooperation with our partners such as the US in the fight against insurgency there will be progress made on that front which will lead to safety being ensured for the populace which the top priority. And with that comes opportunities for investment such as the exploitation of natural resources, or increase in cash flow.

However with the efforts to undermine this government by foreign players and their stooges it'll only make the process for resurgence all the more troublesome. Corrupt individuals that have made gains from Somalia being a failed state would not want it to become functional and strong, but we will not allow for the instability to continue.

Where were you folks when C.Yussuf was bringing dawlad to Villa Somalia?

Busy stealing land owned by the government ( Gulwade)and erecting shanties or villas.

Saxib charity begins @ home.
There were no mamuls in Gedo or Galgaduud sare.

But there were mamuls in PL iyo SL.

Farmajo was never seen in any demonstrations in 2006 against Ethiopian invasion of Somalia capital.

He was choosen by Hawiye as a political compromise as they saw him a lama ooyan.Someone they could control but Farmajo just learnt the skill of biting his masters hand.

The Government has proposed that Norway should provide a short-term bridging loan of NOK 3.135 billion to Somalia in 2020 to clear Somalia’s debt arrears to the World Bank’s International Development Association. Technically, this is a loan to Somalia, but the funds will be transferred to a World Bank account. The World Bank will then grant Somalia a new loan, which will be used immediately to repay the bridging loan from Norway.

‘Following several decades of civil war, the situation in Somalia has stabilised in the last few years. The authorities have implemented a number of important political and economic reforms, but the country is still in a vulnerable situation. This loan from Norway will be an important contribution to the work to promote reform and stabilisation in Somalia,’ said Minister of Foreign Affairs Ine Eriksen Søreide.

Somalia’s external debt amounts to approximately USD 4.7 billion, and debt cancellation is a key priority for the Somali Government. A third of the debt is owed to the multilateral development banks, the World Bank and the African Development Bank, and the International Monetary Fund (IMF). These debt arrears need to be cleared before Somalia can receive new loans and debt relief. In addition to the bridging loan from Norway, the UK will provide a bridging loan to cover Somalia’s debt to the African Development Bank. This means that Somalia just needs one more donor country to cover its debt to the IMF. When these three loans are in place, Somalia will qualify for debt relief under the Heavily Indebted Poor Countries (HIPC) Initiative, provided that it implements the ongoing programme of economic reforms agreed with the IMF.

‘Somalia’s debt arrears to Norway amount to NOK 16 million. If Somalia receives debt treatment in the Paris Club under the HIPC initiative, this debt will be cancelled,’ said Minister of International Development Dag-Inge Ulstein.

Mr Ulstein will participate in a roundtable meeting on Somalia during the World Bank’s Annual Meetings in Washington next week.

‘Debt relief is essential if Somalia is to continue its stabilisation and reform efforts. This bridging loan operation shows what we can achieve when donors and multilateral financial institutions work together. This will be a topic of discussion at a number of the meetings I’ll be having during the World Bank’s Annual Meetings next week. The aim is to carry out this bridging loan operation during the first quarter of 2020,’ Mr Ulstein said.

Somalia is an important partner country for Norway, and it received NOK 543 million in bilateral aid from Norway last year. Together with the EU, the UK and Germany, Norway has invested substantial resources in promoting institution-building, good governance and stabilisation in the country. Norway has contributed to efforts to promote peace and stabilisation in Somalia since the early 2000s.

https://www.regjeringen.no/en/aktuelt/somalia_loan/id2673476/

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Exactly, in all honesty since 1960..... Somalia was never great ........

You are right they have done nothing. They where not among the founding nations of the African Union. Neither did they support the South Africans with somali passports etc. And all other achievements others will tell you about

Tukraq

VIP
Exactly, in all honesty since 1960..... Somalia was never great ........
first government was okay system wise with democracy but bad economically, after siad are government went to shit(literal dictatorship) and went to an extractive non inclusive direction, economy was also bad still

first government was okay system wise with democracy but bad economically, after siad are government went to shit(literal dictatorship) and went to an extractive non inclusive direction, economy was also bad still

I still believe that had somaliland got its independence on the 26th of June and choose the route of independence like djbouti things may have been difficult. But, has the former Italian colony became a country of it's own then there may have a successful country. 3 somali nations.

But, I do agree that economy in the 60 and throughout the early 90s was shit in the former northwest and equality and political representation wasn't given when taking into account somalis are very clan driven .

Tukraq

VIP
I still believe that had somaliland got its independence on the 26th of June and choose the route of independence like djbouti things may have been difficult. But, has the former Italian colony became a country of it's own then there may have a successful country. 3 somali nations.

But, I do agree that economy in the 60 and throughout the early 90s was shit in the former northwest and equality and political representation wasn't given when taking into account somalis are very clan driven .
SL isn't like Djibouti due to the differing clans, would have been a major Northern conflict

Tukraq

VIP
In djbouti issas are a majority followed by gadarbisi and issaqs
basically dir so it could work out as it does, harti and issaq can't share SL there would need to be a partition same with MJ and HG in mudug and OG and MX in JL, conflict arising would be expected unlike in Djibouti

Tukraq

VIP
Somalia was a great place before 91’ and had a bustling informal economy. As a relatively new nation the formal economy was only progressing in capacity. However once clan based rebels fought against their government the country devolved into all our chaos which is why other nations are able to dictate to Somalia.

Foreign forces were brought into Somalia in 2006/2007 as Ethiopia invaded our country. They would never be able to do that if the rebels were in the pockets of Mengistu Haile Mariem who was also overthrown in 91’ the only difference is his rebel groups had a plan in place for ensuring continuous governance. At this point this current government has done a lot to bring xasilooni sitassadeed (political stability) by bringing HS/SWS/GM to the table and consolidating an approach for the nation and more advancement will be brought on that front in the coming months/years.

Personally my family had great life in Somalia before 91’ and now a great life in the west as we’ve adjusted well. There was stability and security which are necessary for a nations population to grow in literacy/education and ensure investments flow into the country. There were no Islamist attacks, piracy, AMISOM, instability and all of the other debilitating factors that have added to the mess you see today.

The country before the war had many companies survey oil/gas prospects and had contracts set up to begin exploration with the revenues from that and the increases in technology. Education would’ve been accessible throughout the country and we might’ve been a top nation in Africa today. Along with our friendship with the Americans our military capabilities would’ve also only increased. So when you say Somalia wasn’t great that is only from your perspective not mine or many others.

Just like when Trump says Make America Great Again he is implying America used to be great, however for an African American that could mean slavery or discrimination so for them it wasn’t a great period. Perspective is important.
the only positives I can see pre 91 were having institutions, governmental wise I don't see us as worse and economically both aren't doing well

Somalia was a great place before 91’ and had a bustling informal economy. As a relatively new nation the formal economy was only progressing in capacity. However once clan based rebels fought against their government the country devolved into all out chaos which is why other nations i.e. UAE, Kenya, UN are able to play different proxies against each other in Somalia.

Foreign forces were brought into Somalia in 2006/2007 as Ethiopia invaded our country. They would never be able to do that if the rebels were in the pockets of Mengistu Haile Mariem who was also overthrown in 91’ the only difference is his rebel groups had a plan in place for ensuring continuous governance. One of the areas in which I will applaud this administration is there determination to close the different outlets the opposition have in trying to destabilize Somalia which Ethiopia was at the forefront of. With the change in policies in our neighbor they have now become an ally. Furthermore at this point this current government has done a lot to bring xasilooni sitassadeed (political stability) by bringing HS/SWS/GM to the table and consolidating an approach for the nation and more advancement will be brought on that front in the coming months/years.

Personally my family had great life in Somalia before 91’ and now a great life in the west as we’ve adjusted well. There was stability and security which are necessary for a nations population to grow in literacy/education and ensure investments flow into the country. There were no Islamist attacks, piracy, AMISOM, instability and all of the other debilitating factors that have added to the mess you see today.

The country before the war had many companies survey oil/gas prospects and had contracts set up to begin exploration with the revenues from that and the increases in technology. Education would’ve been accessible throughout the country and we might’ve been a top nation in Africa today. Along with our friendship with the Americans our military capabilities would’ve also only increased. So when you say Somalia wasn’t great that is only from your perspective not mine or many others.

Just like when Trump says Make America Great Again he is implying America used to be great, however for an African American that could mean slavery or discrimination so for them it wasn’t a great period. Perspective is important. Just like Somalia was a great place before the instability, we also are looking to Make Somalia Great Again.

Many criminals and foreign stooges have profited from the lawlessness and lack of institutions as well the dispersal of the educated elite in Somalia. Since much of those that were educated and/or had experience have fled the country; the talent to direct the populace has been greatly diminished. Which is why I know if there is peace and prosperity (Nabad iyo Nolol) brought back to the country, those who have the necessary credentials like me will be able to make a difference back home and usher in a revolution for the country. We shall return to our rightful place as the lions of the horn

~Dues

Trending

Latest posts