Rest of the world:civilazation, technology, progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Well, you're only as good as your neighbors. The reason why we consider African countries to be "poor" is because many of their trading partners are also poor. This reminds me of the West Germany vs. East Germany thing. American propaganda will have you believe that East Germany wasn't as rich as West Germany because "CoMMUNisM bAd", but in reality it only managed to thrive because of its very wealthy trading partner--the Good Ol' US, and many other Western European trading partners who got lots of fiancial aid from the US. East Germany only had very poor Soviet countries, like Albania and Yugoslavia, to trade with. Now, let's go back to Africa. South Africa only managed to flourish as well as it did because of its strong trading relations with countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc. The rest of Africa was not as fortunate. How is it feasible for a country like the Republic of the Congo, whose trading partners are primarily Angola and Cameroon, to reach the heights of wealthy Canada??

Yh that was one thing of the obstacles/issues I was referring to in my post.

If we had medieval Italy next door to us we would've been a different country altogether.

However we weren't totally isolated unlike most of Africa.

We had access to the red Sea which would have connected us to Egypt, Jerusalem and in turn the Mediterranean civilizations.

We were also exposed to the Indian subcontinent and other Asian cultures throughout the years through sailors (foreign and our own).

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Yh that was one thing of the obstacles/issues I was referring to in my post.

If we had medieval Italy next door to us we would've been a different country altogether.

However we weren't totally isolated unlike most of Africa.

We had access to the red Sea which would have connected us to Egypt, Jerusalem and in turn the Mediterranean civilizations.

We were also exposed to the Indian subcontinent and other Asian cultures throughout the years through sailors (foreign and our own).

I mean, it's not like we never connected with Mediterranean civilizations. I'm pretty sure Berbera use to be a slave trade port with ancient Greece. Also, Dijbouti and Mogadishu were prominent port cities in the East African region during the medieval times as made apparent by the amount of sultanates that existed then. However, when the Middle East regressed after the Islamic Golden Age, we regressed with them for the most part.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Capture+_2019-03-11-15-36-02.png

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Why did you like that post :susp:Captain Phillip jokes are so lame and overrused. Every popular Somali video that gaals watch has at least a million "I am the Captain now" jokes.
I liked it cause I am dyslexic so when I see Somalis mentioned anywhere, I like the comment.:siilaanyosmile:

That guy who first replayed is a ******* dumbass. As if we can't read and are illiterate jevus chruvus.:mjkkk:

Agree for the most parts but Somalis existed as long as the Europeans did.

Nothing stopped us from carrying out the same exploration and exploitation that made them so rich.

Not saying we didn't have our issues that prevented us from that alternative history but at the same time bringing out the colonialism card just makes us seem even more useless.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP

Majority of Spaniards and Brits back in the medieval days didn't have the IQs of today's Europeans.

It's always the top 1% that created civilizations and pushed development forward.

Unfortunately we had a nomadic way of life that didn't appreciate scholars and visionaries.

We couldn't even setup a long-term settlement without marauding clans raiding them.

Without that we couldn't have towns > cities and hence capitals that accumulated knowledge and a social structures that encouraged social mobility and innovation through competition in highly dense cities.

We were just trying to survive while the Europeans way of life allowed for the long term settlements.

That's the crux of our story...not IQ.

IQ would've improved after centuries of social ladder climbing.

Tukraq

VIP
being undeveloped is a blessing in disguise, perfect time to invest think about how much African economies will grow in our lifetimes, probably over 70% in gdp(look at their vast resources/booming population/consumers, room for growth and development), for comparison European countries grow at like 2% since they have no room for growth leading to a horrible investment and a stagnated economy, America is at 3%, china at 7%(used to be a good investment at 10% a decade ago),
but Africa has the most potential to grow and for investors to buy in low now and sell high in the future making a fortune:manny:

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
I truly believe, that Bantus are on this earth, to be slaves. Nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts