Research proves Somalis with good grasp of their heritage and native language do better at school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
slide_29.jpg

Click on the picture to enlarge it
http://slideplayer.com/slide/1569679/

Lets wait 2 seconds for self haters & cultural marxist and the Arab,African American and Cadaan bootyclappers to try and defend this.

Even researched evidence supports what i preach
the Cadaan Gaalos who you idolize and worship as well as hold as the standard urge you to know your heritage. :cryinglaughsmiley:

i grew up in the west and am pretty successful for my age group

however the thing i regret the most is not knowing af somali properly
despite the mocking from family members, the worst thing imo is not being able to converse with ur awowe

In Sha Allah i can learn it properly

despite the mocking from family members, the worst thing imo is not being able to converse with ur awowe

Inshallah its not too late saaxiib you can learn online and become very good at by practicing it on other somalis.

The mocking should stop although i know where it comes from. To simply expect kids in the western world to know somali when their surroundings are in a different language is just ignorant. The Somalis have pride in their language an expectations as a result but no facilities or means to teach people in the west nor enforce they usage of it.

All Other Ethnics like chinese and indians,tamils, Arabs etc where i live have After School programs that emphasize teaching kids their native tounge , history and culture. As well as the same schools the supply them with help with their homework and such & such.

Somalis only focus on Religion and quran dugsi unfortunately ignoring to include or put importance on their heritage.

During my childhood i went to a school where somalis in my neighborhood rented a kindergarden and thought people the basics of somali grammar .language and history.

So they changed after the civil war and resentment for their heritage has been growing more and more throughout the years after the civil war. cuz this doesnt exist my neighborhood anymore nor are their any efforts been made

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP

It's never too late. Somali was barely spoken in my household and I wasn't taught much about Somali culture, but I used the internet to learn the language and history. Read Somali news sites and you'll get the hang of the language in no time, Insha'Allah.

Status
Not open for further replies.