Rendilles in Modern Clothes

Apollo

VIP
They mostly look more Xabesha than Somalia, tbh.

Somali women without hijab often look pseudo-Habesha because we are too used to seeing Somali women only wearing hijab. My two suugo cents.

Some more (Rendille):

q36j7BH.jpg

How many of you understand Somali well? Personally I'm not going to pretend that I knew a lot about them until recently. I've heard Oromo/Afar spoken in person. Both of these languages do sound a bit like Somali - but largely that's the extent of it. But the first time I heard Rendille language was when some clips were posted in another thread here, and that really caught me off guard. I couldn't make out most of the words, but I understood enough to make out the crux of the story! I can't do that for Oromo/Afar or even some of the languages spoken in Somalia!

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Somali women without hijab often look pseudo-Habesha because we are too used to seeing Somali women only wearing hijab. My two suugo cents.

Some more (Rendille):

q36j7BH.jpg

Some maybe, but for the most part the two peoples are quite distinguishable.

head-shot-21.png

You can clearly tell this women is xabesha even with a hijab. I don't know how I can personally tell, but I just can.

6819574613_9bd48320f0_z.jpg

570710565a4e8b735a29a2a604a0c3af.jpg

Some more (Rendille):

q36j7BH.jpg
Nah many Somali women in the west dont wear hijab I can always tell the difference between Somali and habesha

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
My Somali radar says these are the only ones that look like a "Somali":reallymaury:

Typical faarax
X4rl9ow.jpg
hccRq3R.jpg

xvlPZXI.jpg
nV9sMkV.jpg

Attachments

• GFJDaa5.jpg
    GFJDaa5.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 347
Here's a Rendille guy talking about this topic , it's only 2 days ago from a patrolist community summit in Kenya (most of the people present are somalis.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP

head-shot-21.png

You can clearly tell this women is xabesha even with a hijab. I don't know how I can personally tell, but I just can.

Here's a Rendille guy talking about this topic , it's only 2 days ago from a patrolist community summit in Kenya (most of the people present are somalis.

thanks that answerd my question they mostly view themselves as somalis
and even think they moved from them and beacme rer deen le or the tribe with no religion

they think their clsoer to thier somali brothers even callling the somalis thier brothers in the conference very intresting

Apollo

VIP
thanks that answerd my question they mostly view themselves as somalis
and even think they moved from them and beacme rer deen le or the tribe with no religion

they think their clsoer to thier somali brothers even callling the somalis thier brothers in the conference very intresting

The speaker at that summit is kinda lying on the religion part. Most evidence is that they never were Muslim. Islam was weak in that region (they had Waaq traditional faiths mixed in with Maa faith borrowings), even many Borana Oromos from Kenya weren't Muslim until very recently in that area.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP

head-shot-21.png

lool with hijab looks more north sudanesse than habesha

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP

head-shot-21.png

It's that unsightly semitic look. Something in their nose and facial bone structure. Indians have it as well.

Tukraq

VIP
It's that unsightly semitic look. Something in their nose and facial bone structure. Indians have it as well.
Yeah habeshas look nothing like us and can never be confused for each other, but 2 of these rendiles looks Somali
upload_2019-4-8_18-55-16.jpeg
upload_2019-4-8_18-55-38.jpeg

The first and last one don’t look Somali at all, the first guy looks like a pure habesha just darker, if he was lighter he’d look like haillie sellasi, that girl looks zero percent Somali:shookgabre: only the two pics in the middle look Somali :dabcasar:
Post some pics of what you consider "Pure Somalis"

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
The first and last one don’t look Somali at all, the first guy looks like a pure habesha just darker, if he was lighter he’d look like haillie sellasi, that girl looks zero percent Somali:shookgabre: only the two pics in the middle look Somali :dabcasar:
they do look somali but as a somali every single one of them inculding the first one
they just dont have the forhead or headshape that somalis have

but you are aware that somalis come from cushitic peoples just like the rendille from which the habesha agaws descend from as well they later adopted semetic from yemen

their probably is no somali race or habesha race all collectively part of the cushitic peoples