Rendille

It's interesting to me, how an entire clan was exiled due to them being apostates & not following Islam. Reer Deenleh, today known as Rendille. Although i'm hearing that there's an amount of them that are reverting to Islam. It shows just how much being Somali & Muslim go hand in hand, very interesting part of our history.

It's interesting to me, how an entire clan was exiled due to them being apostates & not following Islam. Reer Deenleh, today known as Rendille. Although i'm hearing that there's an amount of them that are reverting to Islam. It shows just how much being Somali & Muslim go hand in hand, very interesting part of our history.
They are just another Somaloid group that probably did never get islamized due to them being disconnected from other Somaloids. I think the thing with them being exiled is just a myth probably. Also you are forgetting that the Islamization of Somalis was also a long process that needed centuries, so there were probably a short time where non-muslims Somali and muslim Somali co-existed so it makes no apparent sense for this specific clan to just be exiled.

Good for them, they didn't allow themselves to be converted by foreigners.
You don't choose religion or philosophy due to it being from your peninsula or ethnic circle. You follow an idea if it makes sense, but if you want to pray to trees, that's your choice.

Trending