Rendille wallahi sounds like Af Maay and Somali

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
Arabized? What is Arabic besides some of our names ?

as far as I know our culture, language is pure Somali. Sure we are Muslims but we still have Somali dhaqan and Xeer.

Arabized is way over exaggerated. We don’t even speak Arabic language for supposedly a country in the Arab league.

if you wanna see Arabized, look at Sudan.
sxb we use a lot of arabic loan words and our musical instruments and cuisine has a good chunk of arab influence unfortunately, yes we're not as arabized as sudan but saying our culture and language is purely somali is far from the truth

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I feel like I should have understood what the lady was talking about, although some of the pronunciation sounded oromo too. It was really cool :)

sxb we use a lot of arabic loan words and our musical instruments and cuisine has a good chunk of arab influence unfortunately, yes we're not as arabized as sudan but saying our culture and language is purely somali is far from the truth

We have hindi, Turkish, English and Italian influence as well in our language and food. Arabic influence is probably due to our proximity to Arabia. But it is minimal at best. I mean look of all the colonized countries around the world. Most of them adopted the language of their colonizers. We still retain our language and culture. You just have to look around rest of the world and compare.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
We have hindi, Turkish, English and Italian influence as well in our language and food. Arabic influence is probably due to our proximity to Arabia. But it is minimal at best. I mean look of all the colonized countries around the world. Most of them adopted the language of their colonizers. We still retain our language and culture. You just have to look around rest of the world and compare.
i believe we need to develop more unique and somali exclusive innovation :it0tdo8: