Remember the Somali refugee who was raped in Nauru? She's pregnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
A Somali refugee allegedly raped on Nauru is pleading with Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull to allow her to come to Australia to have an abortion.

The 23-year-old woman, who is known as Abyan, is 11 weeks pregnant, and one of two Somali women who came forward last week claiming they had been raped, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.

Her legal team have been attempting to speak to Mr Turnbull and Immigration Minister Peter Dutton for the past week, but have had no response.

"Time is quickly running out, this is not a joke, a traumatised and vulnerable woman's health and safety is stake," George Newhouse from Shine Lawyers told Fairfax.

A spokesman for Mr Dutton said yesterday it was aware of the woman's request but would not comment on individual cases.

"All pregnant women receive professional and coordinated health care," the spokesman said.

Mr Turnbull has previously described the rape allegations as "very alarming".

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...nauru-pleads-for-abortion#fq7vtOj6XDefj0JG.99

Poor woman. :meleshame:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Absolutely frightening, I realised a lot somali women back home are very naive.

Turns out there hella places more dangerous than somalia. This Nauru place has no rule of law but has only 11,000 people. Crazy

waraabe

Your superior
that is so sad, i hope this story reaches our women back home who are willing to risk their lives for tahriib

Duchess

VIP
Absolutely frightening, I realised a lot somali women back home are very naive.

Turns out there hella places more dangerous than somalia. This Nauru place has no rule of law but has only 11,000 people. Crazy

A lot of Somalis are under the impression that it's easy to get to Australia after spending some time in a detention center. I wouldn't be surprised if she got to Nauru from Malaysia or Indonesia. You rarely hear these horror stories, instead Somalis glamorize the life that awaits refugees in Australia.

Abortion is illegal in Nauru so if the Australian government doesn't let Abyan in, she will have no choice but carry the pregnancy to term.

This so upsetting, :( Why isnt anyone stopping somalis from leaving the country on tahribs?
What is the Govt doing about this honestly? i cant stand these stories!!

This so upsetting, :( Why isnt anyone stopping somalis from leaving the country on tahribs?
What is the Govt doing about this honestly? i cant stand these stories!!
That is such an idiotic, naive thing to say.

Why hasn't the Mexican govt done anything to stop their tahriib issue? They're way more well off and established than Somalia.

Tahriib cannot be stopped, it can only be addressed, people will do as they please.

That is such an idiotic, naive thing to say.

Why hasn't the Mexican govt done anything to stop their tahriib issue? They're way more well off and established than Somalia.

Tahriib cannot be stopped, it can only be addressed, people will do as they please.

LOOL! i was thinking on the lines of giving them incentives to stay and discouraging them from leaving.. Ofc that wont stop it from happening but it will minimize it and perhaps fewer and fewer go.

The Mexican govt and US govt can actually take measures to prevent the influx from happening the reason they leave in the first place is because of the lack of oppurtunities and this assumption of a better grander life.

Most that leave somalia for tahribs are from the north

This is the article i read a while back. and can be pretty relevant to the topic , give understanding of one of the reasons why many leave and risk their lives.

Facebook sells ‘paradise on earth’ to young Somalis
Human traffickers don’t need to sell the promise of better life abroad. Somalis on Facebook unwittingly do it for them.
http://www.aljazeera.com/blogs/afri...dise-earth-young-somalis-150430134414207.html
From emotionally-traumatised returned migrants, to the chief immigration commissioner to the top smugglers, one thing keeps turning up in conversation: social media.

It keeps the steady flow of would-be migrants coming, they say, enticing young Somalis to risk it all - even death. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter paint the West as a paradise that should be reached by all means, I was told repeatedly.

The polished and heavily touched-up photos Somalis abroad post on their social media accounts mask the reality, officials complained.

“Our young people all have Facebook on their phones and the pictures they see on there can only be described as paradise on earth,” Somaliland’s Immigration Commissioner, Mohamed Ali Yusuf, told me in his office in the city of Hargeisa.

With the internet now in almost every town and village in Somalia, authorities have their work cut out.

A smuggler doesn’t need to spend much time convincing potential clients that they should risk their lives crossing an arid desert and an inhospitable sea. That job is done by both Somalis abroad and a diaspora who have returned home.

You guys better start unfollow,block your relatives back home from your social media platforms:sass2:

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
Why I am the only person thinking that this could be a made up story to get into Australia :browtf::browtf:

And that her qaxooti husband ba ku aasey

Last edited:

Duchess

VIP
Why I am the only person thinking that this could be a made up story to get into Australia :browtf::browtf:

And that her qaxooti husband ba ku aasey

She's 11 weeks pregnant sxb. She wants to get to Australia so she can have an abortion. After the abortion, they will put her into a detention camp. Australia don't play.

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
They seriously don't play cause they refused citizenship to a baby born inland after the mother had difficulty giving birth ...they don't play around these children of convicts and killers :drakewtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending