Reimagining Somali men’s clothing

Tukraq

VIP
already got upgraded,
somalias-president-abdullahi-yusuf-ahmed-answers-journalists-after-a-picture-id80989773

got to come dapper

Faahiye

Male Male Male Male
I like the designs, did you have anything to do with them?
@VantaBlack,

No not at all, I just came across this post and had to share it here. I believe it is imperative to preserve our culture and the best way for that is to improve on our traditional clothing in the modern world. Cultures evolve over time and that includes clothing, instead of keeping the same type of attire or adopting western clothing or Arabic clothing we should just improve on our own one. We should improve on it in a way that would make it fashionable and sensible for working people or those in education and also for politicians to wear in order to encourage others. You see today Saudi politicians wearing their traditional clothings and then contrast that with Somali politicians who wear a suit and tie.

Best,

Faahiye

Tukraq

VIP
@VantaBlack,

No not at all, I just came across this post and had to share it here. I believe it is imperative to preserve our culture and the best way for that is to improve on our traditional clothing in the modern world. Cultures evolve over time and that includes clothing, instead of keeping the same type of attire or adopting western clothing or Arabic clothing we should just improve on our own one. We should improve on it in a way that would make it fashionable and sensible for working people or those in education and also for politicians to wear in order to encourage others. You see today Saudi politicians wearing their traditional clothings and then contrast that with Somali politicians who wear a suit and tie.

Best,

Faahiye
saudis don't have politicians lol, all politicians should wear suit and tie

Faahiye

Male Male Male Male
saudis don't have politicians lol, all politicians should wear suit and tie
@Tukraq,

My bad. But the Saudi royal family do mostly wear their traditional clothing in public. My point is their representatives for their country stick mostly to their own clothing while Somali representatives do not.

Best,

Faahiye

Tukraq

VIP
@Tukraq,

My bad. But the Saudi royal family do mostly wear their traditional clothing in public. My point is their representatives for their country stick mostly to their own clothing while Somali representatives do not.

Best,

Faahiye
elected officials should dress as such as do all elected officials world wide, Saudi is a kingdom very different, I wouldn't expect a king to wear suit and tie tbh

elected officials should dress as such as do all elected officials world wide, Saudi is a kingdom very different, I wouldn't expect a king to wear suit and tie tbh
No somalis elected offcials shouldnt dress suit it is europeans culture and europeans kingdom dress code and somali kingdom is different to europeans and somali officials shouldnt dress ties and suit they should design their own cloths tht they wear in politics and goverment just cuz everyone Else dress europeans dress code doesnt mean somali ppl should do it 2