Regional Somali Accents

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Wft was Maaymaay? That's not Somali, whatsoever. There was always something off, about Rahanwyens/Elays.

Without a doubt, the Reer Mudug accent is the best. That should be the standardized Somali accent.

Also, am I the only one to find, the two Reer Muqdisho and Reer Bari accents, sounding feminine asf?

Last edited:
Wft was Maaymaay? That's not Somali, whatsoever. There was always something off, about Rahanwyens/Elays.

Without a doubt, the Reer Mudug accent is the best. That should be the standardized Somali accent.

Also, am I the only one to find, the two Muqdisho, and Reer Bari, accents sounding feminine asf?
Some say af maay is original Somali and the Somali we speak diverges from it. You are correct in that Mudug is the standard accent. It is the one used by journalists. On Wikipedia it claims northern somali is standard which is false as the waqooyi dialect is more corrupted than the Benadiri/muqdisho accent with the number of Arabic loan words

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Drop the Mogadishu part and go full reer xamar, shits hilarious
Lol I don’t think it’s something I can help, some of my family members only speak in the reer xamar accent I was influenced by the other side of my family which produced a mixture of both accents

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Language is amazing, I love how people communication changes from region to region over time. :)

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
10027.jpg

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Jiroon is a legend on this site wallahi, i wanna meet him for a cope of coffe one day
We joined this site around the same time and I remember everyone thinking he was trolling with the positive shit but 2 years later he’s still at it.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
They all sound the same other than MayMay which is fake news and shouldn't count as Somali

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
how in the world do they sound the same?:farmajoyaab:

The tone of his voice changes but other than a word or two like bowe/abowe its all the same.

Maybe he is doing a bad job of showing the differences.:damedamn:

Trending

Latest posts