References to "Geeljires" in TV, Film, Etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the roles are reduced to a bunch of terrorist nonsense than let non-Somalis have at it.
exactly. this not the time to fight for representation. when a non-somali portrays a somali in a positive role, then we can complain.
i would've much rather a Nigerian dude played barkhads role in captain Philips. Now somali guys are synonymous with piracy and being ugly:manny:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MV5BYzliZWQ4ZjYtMmIzMy00NDU3LTliYTEtZjk4ZDViODgzZGE5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzM0MDQ1Mw@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

In FAMILY MOTEL(2007) a Somali refugee and her teenage daughters, confront the unexpected when they are evicted from their apartment for arrears in rent. The film follows their subsequent move to a beaten down motel for the homeless on the “other side” of town.

I wanted to make a thread dedicated to documenting how often we Somalis are mentioned in various forms of media, and how we are portrayed. Now obviously there's going to be more bad than good, but I think it's best to keep track of this stuff to stay on top of things, if that makes sense. I encourage everyone to contribute. Please refrain from posting things from the news.

So first off, the obvious ones.

Black Hawk Down

Black-Hawk-Down-2001-Poster-black-hawk-down-38824152-1000-1426.jpg

Captain Phillips

onesheet.jpg

South Park
, Season 13, episode 7, "Fatbeard"

south-park-s13e07c10-somalian-pirates-we-16x9.jpg

American Horror Story, Season 7, episode 2, "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark"

upload_2017-9-19_16-22-56-png.30408

Chewing Gum, Season 1, episode 2, "Binned"

View attachment 30792

Beyond: Two Souls, video game

gallery_gaming-beyond-two-souls--screenshot-16.jpg

And that's all I got so far
That chewing gum one got me triggered. Don't tell me that ugly ass man looking baboon supposed to be lead actress said that :susp:

be looking like an ugly ass trainwreck uff

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
That chewing gum one got me triggered. Don't tell me that ugly ass man looking baboon supposed to be lead actress said that :susp:

be looking like an ugly ass trainwreck uff
This is the character who said all the stuff abot Somali people

IMG_5016.PNG

She was portrayed as being in the wrong or at the very least weird for saying all that. She's introduced by stealing some stuff from the store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending