References to "Geeljires" in TV, Film, Etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
what is this show called kkkkkkkkk
There's episodes on YouTube it's called dumping ground they introduced this girl in the last few series but the shows been going on for ages. I remember the cringe when they introduced her as a Somali refugee girl and played a magool song
:snoop::snoop::snoop:

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
There's episodes on YouTube it's called dumping ground they introduced this girl in the last few series but the shows been going on for ages. I remember the cringe when they introduced her as a Somali refugee girl and played a magool song
rip Somali reputation :farmajoyaab:

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
Let's be real here. Would you rather have a non-Somali playing an innocent Somali girl or an actual Somali playing a terrorist, pirate, or some other type of criminal? The film industry is ignorant, not much we can do about that.
:manny:
They can't find an ethnic Somali girl in the U.K.???

Wallahi I remember that. It was her birthday but she doesn't celebrate birthdays. so they celebrated magools birthday instead. :russ:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
They can't find an ethnic Somali girl in the U.K.???
I don't think they made an effort to look for a specifically Somali actress. As mentioned in this thread, it's more than likely that these directors assume all Sub-Saharan Africans look the same and just looked for an African girl regardless of nationality. Plus, I doubt a hooyo would let their daughter be on TV like that.

You see this stuff happen to Asians in movies too where they ignore their ethnicity and nationality. Either way, having some non-Somali African girl portray a innocent Somali refugee isn't at all as bad as having a Somali portray a criminal. I'd rather Somalis didn't show up in films and stuff at all but what can we do about it? Every minority is portrayed in a negative light at one point or another

how the f*ck are you guys more concerned about the actors portraying Somalis rather than the roles they're playing. we are nothing more than pirates, terrorist and other scum to these people. i would much rather they get people who dont look like us to portray those roles. at least we wont be physically associated with terrorism etc..

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
how the f*ck are you guys more concerned about the actors portraying Somalis rather than the roles they're playing. we are nothing more than pirates, terrorist and other scum to these people. i would much rather they get people who dont look like us to portray those roles. at least we wont be physically associated with terrorism etc..
then we will look like bantus

then we will look like bantus
unless you look like a bantu, what does it matter how they percieve you in their minds before they meet you.
would you rather everyone associate pirates, terrorist, and all sort of violence by just the sight of you?
think of it like this, Hindus/sikhs and other brown people are synonymous with terrorism for the simple reason that majority of the time, actors who play those roles are Indian. they made their likeness associated with terrorism.

i wouldn't want my likeness to be synonymous with anything negative.

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
unless you look like a bantu, what does it matter how they percieve you in their minds before they meet you.
would you rather everyone associate pirates, terrorist, and all sort of violence by just the site of you?
think of it like this, Hindus/sikhs and other brown people are synonymous with terrorism for the simple reason that majority of the time, actors who play those roles are Indian. they made their likeness associated with terrorism.

i wouldn't want my likeness to be synonymous with anything negative.
You do realize bantus/Nigerians are portrayed as Somalis in those movies and shows, so it doesn't matter. You will be portrayed as a ugly Bantu and a terrorist/pirate.

You do realize bantus/Nigerians are portrayed as Somalis in those movies and shows, so it doesn't matter. You will be portrayed as a ugly Bantu and a terrorist/pirate.
if people see Nigerians/bantus as Somalis, crazed cadaans would not attack you in the street by just the sight of you. they wont think you're somali because in their head a somali looks like a bantu.

Arabs are the ones who blow themselves up but indians who portray them in media. arabs, maybe other than khaleejis dont look like brown Indians. so when a racist cadaan encounters an arab and an indian, who do you think is the terrorist in his mind?
theres so many stories of crazed cadaans killing a sikh/indian and practically zero such stories where an arab is the victim.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I remember COD MW3 had 2 maps a pirate den in Bari and Suuqa Bakaaraaha

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
if people see Nigerians/bantus as Somalis, crazed cadaans would not attack you in the street by just the sight of you. they wont think you're somali because in their head a somali looks like a bantu.

Arabs are the ones who blow themselves up but indians who portray them in media. arabs, maybe other than khaleejis dont look like brown Indians. so when a racist cadaan encounters an arab and an indian, who do you think is the terrorist in his mind?
theres so many stories of crazed cadaans killing a sikh/indian and practically zero such stories where an arab is the victim.
that made no sense, everyone knows how Somalis look even though Hollywood casts non Somalis for negative roles.

that made no sense, everyone knows how Somalis look even though Hollywood casts non Somalis for negative roles.
then what the hell does it matter who plays somalis if everyone knows what we look like. why would they now start thinking we look bantus if they are already familiar with our phenotype :draketf:

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
If the roles are reduced to a bunch of terrorist nonsense than let non-Somalis have at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending