References to "Geeljires" in TV, Film, Etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
@FSMDOA probably the worst one some kids show in the UK and she`s meant to potray a somali refugee girl

latest

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
Another show from the UK I remember watching this years ago. This time at least they have an actual somali the guy in the middle of the thumbnail @FSMDOA

@ethan bradberry you`ll probably remember this from years ago

Last edited:

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
Why is everyone giving us a wrong image. they also used Nigerians for black Hawk down.
Somalia is technically a Sub-Saharan African country so film directors assume that Somali characters in film can be portrayed by other Africans, like a Ugandan playing a Nigerian. Plus, there aren't a lot Somali actors to begin with.

Because they assume all sub Saharan Africans look the same.
Basically this.

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
I've seen this film on BBC I think, it was quite good and the actors seemed to speak fluent Somali, not so sure if they are actual Somalis though?
@Khad714 you might enjoy this if u havent seen it already?

@Steamdevolopment, how embarrassing was this film when your Danish colleagues brought it up:siilaanyolaugh:
Somalia's coast has the least pirate attacks, why are the Hollywood yahuud still making movies about Somalia and damaging our reputation further :gucciwhat: blame that fat gaas for allowing it

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
if you mistake a Nigerian or Ugandan for a Somali you seriously need to visit specsavers :mjlol: fucking yahuud assuming all Africans look the same

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
Somalia's coast has the least pirate attacks, why are the Hollywood yahuud still making movies about Somalia and damaging our reputation further :gucciwhat: blame that fat gaas for allowing it
What's funny is that countries spanning from Nigeria to the Philippines have more piracy than Somalia these days, and a considerable amount of Somalia's piracy is simply fishermen protecting their waters.

The problem was that Mr. Abduwali Muse decided to hold an important sea captain hostage. The U.S. Navy had to get involved in the first successful pirate seizure of a ship registered under the American flag since the early 19th century. Needless to say it's a pretty big deal, unfortunately it just so happened to involve Somalis
:snoop:

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
She is not Somali Bantu according to the show she is full ethnic Somali .

What sad is a lot of kids and teens watch that show. lol

So they will think we look like south Sudanese ..
cancel/ban that show, shes not even covered and has legit Madow hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.