Reer UK so gala

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Those of you who are smart enough to do/have done A Levels how did you find it? How much revision and studying did you do? And any other advice to pass inshallah.

Sixth form exams in the UK. You do it after secondary school when you're 18. It's like your final high school exam before Uni
so what happens if u fail? u remain in that class? why is that test a big deal. what subjects and levels does it contain?

YoungFarah

VIP
so what happens if u fail? u remain in that class? why is that test a big deal. what subjects and levels does it contain?
Yh you resit once so if I f*ck up again I have to do BTEC which is looked down upon. Most unis require a minimu of three A levels to get into them.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
I did it when it was modular so habeen iyo maalin i studied. But the new linear model gives you more time to study so it shouldn't be too hard.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
Yh you resit once so if I f*ck up again I have to do BTEC which is looked down upon. Most unis require a minimu of three A levels to get into them.
Dont put yourself down akh. If you smash it you can get into a top Russell group universities.

Last edited:
what is btec?doesn't the exam pretty much cover everything u have learnt upto that point? how's that so hard?

YoungFarah

VIP
I did it when it was modular so habeen iyo maalin i studied. But the new linear model gives you more time to study so it shouldn't be too hard.
Linear seems way harder as I have to do all AS content again next year whereas 2 years ago once you did your AS you never do it again and move on to A2.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
what is btec?doesn't the exam pretty much cover everything u have learnt upto that point? how's that so hard?
Theres no exam just coursework (assignments).
Linear seems way harder as I have to do all AS content again next year whereas 2 years ago once you did your AS you never do it again and move on to A2.
Why didnt you study in the 6 week sumer holiday? You should of have finished A2 in December and revised from January to the exams. It happened tho, nothing you can do about it.

A levels were ok, flopped it during first year because I thought I could snatch As with minimum efforts like gcse but turns out the work load was a big step up lol. Retook everything in the summer and found it was easier to get higher grades once u adjust to the work load

Make sure you write everything down from lessons and don't skip a single class. Once you get into that habit of non-attendance, it all goes downhill. No matter what keep your attendance 100, at the very least 97+. This helped me do excellently in some of my A-levels wallahi. This is despite never opening a book when I went home (%100 truth) during the academic year. I kept my notes highly detailed, filed and looked through the lesson before, whilst the teacher would prep to start. And always keep them with you, keep everything in the same place. And be in complete focus mode during lessons, don't waste time or allow people to distract you during active learning time. I did 4 traditional 'difficult' courses too, so it can be done, trust me. These are all extra tips, the only fool proof way to getting the best grades is to knuckle down hard and pick things you genuinely enjoy or will enjoy the fruits of one day. Also, pick one 'easier' subject, that's what I did, if it's a traditional course even better. If you pick something you have a natural affinity for the lessons and workload will be a breezy break from all the hard work. I recommend it.

Finally, try and give the same weight to everything and remain motivated. For the same course I managed to get top marks in some modules (algebra/core) and do absolutely shit in others (f*ck stats). I had 0 motivation since I didn't enjoy those crappy modules so don't make the same mistake. Always have your eyes on the prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending